RTL8111/8168B

thiathias

3 posts in this topic

Hi

i have this lan controler :

03:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8168] (rev 02)

(shown by LSPCI)

So it should work out of the box (ok without bonjour), and it's not.

I had a iPC partition, and i had installed RealtekRT1000.kext. The network worked well.

I installed a retail, I installed the last chameleon, I customised the folder /extra, and then I booted in my retail install, installed the efistring for graphic and ethernet. And when i rebooted, the network didn't work.

Since that time I tried almost every thing i think. With realtekr1000 in /S/L/E, without realtek, with and old version, with RTGMac, with ethernet efi string, without ethernet efi string, etc...

And i can't get it to work -,-

The problem is, when i rebooted in my iPC partition, ethernet didn't work anymore . . .

So why?

How can I get it to work? (it should work OOTB -,-)

(In fact, I am connected, but my IP adress is local (168.XXX.XXX.XXX), so I can't access to internet, and if I use the usbethernet adaptater for macbookair, my IP is normal and I can write this post.)

Thanks for infos

(My signature is out of date, i have gigabyte EG41MF-S2H)

• Like 1

Hi

i have this lan controler :

03:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8168] (rev 02)

(shown by LSPCI)

So it should work out of the box (ok without bonjour), and it's not.

I had a iPC partition, and i had installed RealtekRT1000.kext. The network worked well.

I installed a retail, I installed the last chameleon, I customised the folder /extra, and then I booted in my retail install, installed the efistring for graphic and ethernet. And when i rebooted, the network didn't work.

Since that time I tried almost every thing i think. With realtekr1000 in /S/L/E, without realtek, with and old version, with RTGMac, with ethernet efi string, without ethernet efi string, etc...

And i can't get it to work -,-

The problem is, when i rebooted in my iPC partition, ethernet didn't work anymore . . .

So why?

How can I get it to work? (it should work OOTB -,-)

(In fact, I am connected, but my IP adress is local (168.XXX.XXX.XXX), so I can't access to internet, and if I use the usbethernet adaptater for macbookair, my IP is normal and I can write this post.)

Thanks for infos

(My signature is out of date, i have gigabyte EG41MF-S2H)

I have the same problem, with the same device... did you ever get a resolution for this?