[Guide] Script to Install Chameleon v2RC1 to EFI-Partition (Munky method)

CoolEdit

Vote for it!  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Is this post useful for you?

• Is this post useful for you?

41 posts in this topic

Hi nameless2k!

I made new script version - you can load down from http://www.mediafire.com/file/yk42vzjntmz/...oot-i386-v3.zip

It's now possible to select harddisk on wich to install EFI-Boot-Partition!

Maybe it is interesting for your work on EPOS - take look at the procedure setup().

CoolEdit

That might have been a minor modification, but it certainly makes the script more portable and idiot proof. Thanks a lot for your contribution. Not only does your script help people get Chameleon EFI up and running, but it makes it very easy to update an existing installation with new custom kernels, themes and kexts. I find myself tweaking Chameleon because the script makes it easy to do so! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi borntoshort,

the Slimbuild you will find somwhere in this forum. You could try the GA-EP35 ones. They will work most likely. The only difference is the ICH10 on EP45 instead of ICH9 on EP35. It worked like that on my EP45-DS3.

When you want to update kext, put the new/updated kext into the Extensions folder on EFI-Boot and start the script and choose the update option at prompt. Make sure you haven't your Slimbuild CD inside.

CoolEdit

the script runs and then aborts because of stage 1 boot loader whats that mean?

You tell me :D It can mean two things: Either it can't find boot1, or it encounters an error while installing it. Which of the two it is is hard to tell from your description. But why don't you just use the official GUI installer? That might be easier for you.

You tell me :| It can mean two things: Either it can't find boot1, or it encounters an error while installing it. Which of the two it is is hard to tell from your description. But why don't you just use the official GUI installer? That might be easier for you.

Hi zhell,

if you start the script from the EFI-Boot-i386-folder, it will find boot1h. But search in this EFI-Boot-i386-folder. If boot1 is present, it may depend on the bootsector of your HD (rdiskX). Is it GUID-formated? Did you check if it is

The official GUI Installer won't let you install your custom kext and gives no choice to update them. That's all. Maybe these guys will implemet this functionality in the final release ...

CoolEdit

Hi zhell,

if you start the script from the EFI-Boot-i386-folder, it will find boot1h. But search in this EFI-Boot-i386-folder. If boot1 is present, it may depend on the bootsector of your HD (rdiskX). Is it GUID-formated? Did you check if it is

The official GUI Installer won't let you install your custom kext and gives no choice to update them. That's all. Maybe these guys will implemet this functionality in the final release ...

Ah I see, we are talking about your script, CoolEdit, not mine :(

It's getting complicated with so many scripts floating around in the same thread...

Works perfectly!!! I only have 1 question, how do I choose a different HDD to boot?? I have a USB Chameleon 2 bootstick and I can choose Which os I want to boot... But now I only get my main os, the one I installed this script into... how can I boot the others??

• 2 weeks later...
Works perfectly!!! I only have 1 question, how do I choose a different HDD to boot?? I have a USB Chameleon 2 bootstick and I can choose Which os I want to boot... But now I only get my main os, the one I installed this script into... how can I boot the others??

Hi IMHERETOSTAY,

this may depend on that you 're using chameleon on EFI-Partition. I did not spend so much time in this issue yet , so I got no clue how to get it to work so far. Sorry

CoolEdit

CoolEdit,

Awesome script! It was such a help in getting this EEEPC to dual boot Os X and Windows 7. However, I've ran into one issue. My EEEPC requires a DSDT patch, and I use to put the DSDT in with the Extra folder on my original install. But, now I can't do that. I've manually put it in my EFI partition but for whatever reason I can't seem to get it to boot. Any ideas as to what's causing this? Also, would it be possible for you to put a part in the script to search for a DSDT.aml and have it copy over as well?

-LonelyTV

CoolEdit,

Awesome script! It was such a help in getting this EEEPC to dual boot Os X and Windows 7. However, I've ran into one issue. My EEEPC requires a DSDT patch, and I use to put the DSDT in with the Extra folder on my original install. But, now I can't do that. I've manually put it in my EFI partition but for whatever reason I can't seem to get it to boot. Any ideas as to what's causing this? Also, would it be possible for you to put a part in the script to search for a DSDT.aml and have it copy over as well?

-LonelyTV

• 2 weeks later...
Very cool. Why don`t make a script for Chameleon RC2. I`m excited about that.

+1

I would also use an updated EFI-Boot-i386 script with Chameleon RC2, but I'm quite content with the current version based on RC1. Could we just replace the boot, boot0 and boot1h files with those from RC2?

+1

I would also use an updated EFI-Boot-i386 script with Chameleon RC2, but I'm quite content with the current version based on RC1. Could we just replace the boot, boot0 and boot1h files with those from RC2?

That's what I did and it worked flawlessly. Typing this from RC2 :)