[Guide] KDE on OSX86

axept

29 posts in this topic

I got the following error:

--->  Installing XFree86 4.5.0_2
Error: Target com.apple.install returned: can't create directory "/opt/local/var/db/dports/software/XFree86/4.5.0_2/usr/X11R6/bin/XDarwin.app/Contents": permission denied
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: kdelibs3 XFree86 Xft2 expat fontconfig freetype zlib pkgconfig xrender render aspell bzip2 cups-headers flex gettext libiconv hicolor-icon-theme jasper jpeg libart_lgpl libidn libpng libxml2 libxslt lua openssl pcre perl5.8 qt3 tiff libusb
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Status 1 encountered during processing.

any idea how to fix it?

I am running 10.4.7 on an iBook. It said at the start of this tutorial that it was .5 and .6 only or something, but I thought that was more in reference to the OSx86 side of things and not to the non hackintosh crowd, which could be my problem.

you prolly did something like make && make install ?

well the make install command must be performed as superuser if you have your binarys for x11 inside a directory that is below your home dir.

try "sudo make && sudo make install"

the dependencies that failed to build may have only failed due to the permisiion error stoppuing the process, however you can resolve them by using darwin ports and issueing the command "port install <packagename>" or perhaps you would like to delete the whole thing, and try "port install kde" <--- or whatever the packagename is.....

From http://kde.opendarwin.org/:

"They may not work. They may not even install. They may make your monitor explode in a shower of glass. EVEN LCDs, WHICH DON'T CONTAIN ANY GLASS! (ed. I've now been told LCDs are not plastic, but do, in fact contain glass, but the point remains!) They may make your children grow horns, and cause the people in your neighborhood to explode spontaneously while doing the Macarena. They will rip out your eyeballs, and eat your soul with a really dull spoon, laughing and cackling while forcing Cheerios up your nose. They will make your intestines explode in a rain of confetti, while evil clowns bite your feet."