Advice on Bootloader Setup

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I currently have Windows Vista on my first partition (0 - 400GiB / 468 GiB), Mac on my second (401 - 458), and a Mac Restore on my third (458 - 468). The active partition is Vista, I want to boot off of the Mac partition, as Chameleon offers a nicer interface. Vista recognizes Mac with the chain0, ntldr, and boot.ini method. How would I set my PC to boot from mac, and is it true that I can't boot from the Mac partition because it's not in the first 1024 cylinders? Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone. I currently have Windows Vista on my first partition (0 - 400GiB / 468 GiB), Mac on my second (401 - 458), and a Mac Restore on my third (458 - 468). The active partition is Vista, I want to boot off of the Mac partition, as Chameleon offers a nicer interface. Vista recognizes Mac with the chain0, ntldr, and boot.ini method. How would I set my PC to boot from mac, and is it true that I can't boot from the Mac partition because it's not in the first 1024 cylinders? Thanks in advance.

Set your Mac partition to active and install Chameleon to Mac Partition.