Microsoft Life Cam Vx-1000 Working Now

MrG11

38 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had given up all hope, but something inside told me to search again.. success!!

The macam driver that Elm posted seems to work on Snow Leopard, even with Skype.

Probably need to remove the Sonix one first (from both user Library/Quicktime and main Library/Quicktime)

It's a bit of a shame because the Sonix one had more options. i have sent them an email to request their driver be updated, but who knows if they'll bother :rolleyes:

Thanks so much, Elm!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Function audio and does video 100% in the Mac the 10.6.4?

Valeu!

Thank's!

No. Even I would like help from this thread to make work it...

I have a fully awesome MACOSX Snow Leopard 10.6.4 installed in my PC. But I could not run my VX-1000 webcam (neither audio and video).

Macam identifies VX-1000 but or giveme "USB error" or image appears a few seconds then freezes.

Following the steps wrote previously written in this thread the driver didn't work on Snow Leopard 10.6.4 :( I`m very sad trying to find a solution... (SKYPE freezing, Photobooth says no camera etc)...

Anyone who can help me please?

I can help in other things...

I have some results, far from 100% (video). I need a help to continue the process...

AUDIO (100% ok):

I made audio works on my VX-1000 for all programs in snow leopard 10.6.4

1) Downloading and installing the following driver http://www.sonix.com.tw/sonix/download.do?d=4838,2

2) After installing run this fix http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=38727 deflating in /Library/QuickTime

3) Change the /Library/QuickTime/Contents/Info.plist searching for idproduct and setting 247000 value and idvendor to 1118.

4) Change all entries in <asicPSnsrPwrDnInv> to 0.

5) Save, your audio it`s done.

VIDEO:

The same thing above but the webcam video only works with monitor CAM software built in SONIX driver. Programs like Skype, iChat, photobooth give crash and do not run.

Anyone can help me? "Bad tongues" talk that this is a UVC trouble.

• 5 weeks later...
3) Change the /Library/QuickTime/Contents/Info.plist searching for idproduct and setting 247000 value and idvendor to 1118.

I have a VX-5000 (not VX-500) and none of the above work. I am under SL 10.6.5.

I don't understand how you get to know which product ID to change. I now the decimal code for my product ID (I translated it from the system information), but how do you know which product ID to replace ?

How did you know you had to change the id product 247000 and not another one ? Did you find some knowledge base somewhere ?

From macam : http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/cameras/camera.php?id=802

I cannot see the controller for the vx-5000, while for the vx-1000,3000,6000, we can, which I believe helped you find your ways. How can I get my vx-5000 driver fixed then ?

BTW, the audio of the vx-5000 works out of the box...

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...