VoodooHDA

cinorhc

364 posts in this topic

This works great with the onboard audio for the Intel DG35EC motherboard! Thanks a million!

ITunes makes the mouse jump around a bit though, any thoughts?

[Edit]

Almost everything works like a champ.

The only issue is doesn't auto detect the headphones and switch outputs. anyway to fix this?

[/Edit]

I wonder if anyone knows how to get the volume slider from the finder bar to actually control the volume.

I'm using an HP mini 1000 running SL. It's a retail install with a vanilla kernel. I'm using VoodooHDA v2.2 downloaded from voodooprojects.org

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Hi to all.

I use Voodoohda for audio in my Snow 10.6.1

I have ADI AD2000B

Audio Works, and PrefPanels Works too.

I can Change volume from the controls, but in the System Preferences--->SOUND--->INPUT, i don't have MIC IN.

So I can't record Audio with ISHOWU HD, because I can't choose the Input for Audio.

I can't use ScreenFlow because it doesn't start.

Anyone can Help me?

Thank you very very much for your time.

Bye.

THank you! Got audio on my HP 2510p now. It uses SoundMAX AD1981HD.

Used the kext and prefpane here: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,234.0.html

The volume control and mute media buttons also work. Nice one!

Hey that's the exact card I have, whenever I try voodoohda I have no sound outputs or inputs once I boot. I see mention of codec dumps, are we supposed to 'inject' into voodoohda at all? Did you add an IOPCI match line at least? As it currently stands I don't see how our 1981 would ever get picked up by the voodoo, the class match doesn't match and there's no vendor or IOPCI. When I try forcing one it still does not load, though I'm unsure why.

Also is your sound input (microphone) working as well?

So using the latest, 2.2 with no hacking it does recognize and add some sound lines. It gives me Line-Out and SPDIF-out, Line-Out works fine with my headphones and all L-R, volume slider work great in OSX 10.6.1.

BUT, this disables my built in laptop speakers which were working fine with AppleHDA.

Also I know have a Line Input called 'CD'. It will not use my internal microphone and I do not have an external available to plug in and test.

Has anyone got internal microphone and speakers to work? This is all I really want so I can Skype.

hi,

can some one help me with this

i cannot get voodoohda to work properly

the first time i installed snowy leopard the sound was working out of the box

and the system was very stable

but i made one mistake with something

and had to install snowy again

now my sound wont work any more

i installed snowy again and a again with the same guide that i used with the first time installed snow leopard

this error message get constantly:

d: 3a3e8086, subDeviceId: 82fe1043

TCSEL: 07 -> 00

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800825d000]::getCapabilities

CORB size: 256

RIRB size: 256

Streams: ISS=4 OSS=4 BSS=0

Resetting controller...

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800825d000]::resetController(1)

error: unable to put controller in reset

error: resetController failed

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800825d000]::stop

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800825d000]::disableEventSources

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800825d000]::resetController(0)

warning: resetController failed

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800825d000]::deactivateAllAudioEngines

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800825d000]::free

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800825d000]::deactivateAllAudioEngines

Loading VoodooHDA 0.2.1 (based on hdac version 20090401_0132)

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008476400]::init

VoodooHDACodecHints: not present in plist

VoodooHDAHints: not present in plist

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008476400]::probe

Controller: Intel 82801J (vendor ID: 8086, device ID: 3a3e)

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008476400]::initHardware

deviceId: 3a3e8086, subDeviceId: 82fe1043

TCSEL: 00 -> 00

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008476400]::getCapabilities

Resetting controller...

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008476400]::resetController(1)

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008476400]::stop

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008476400]::disableEventSources

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008476400]::resetController(0)

DSMOS has arrived

AttansicL1eEthernet: Ethernet address 00:26:18:3a:b9:68

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008476400]::deactivateAllAudioEngines

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008476400]::free

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008476400]::deactivateAllAudioEngines

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008a88400]::init

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008a88400]::probe

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008a88400]::initHardware

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008a88400]::getCapabilities

Resetting controller...

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008a88400]::resetController(1)

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008a88400]::stop

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008a88400]::disableEventSources

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008a88400]::resetController(0)

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008a88400]::deactivateAllAudioEngines

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008a88400]::free

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff8008a88400]::deactivateAllAudioEngines

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800845f800]::init

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800845f800]::probe

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800845f800]::initHardware

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800845f800]::getCapabilities

Resetting controller...

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800845f800]::resetController(1)

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800845f800]::stop

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800845f800]::disableEventSources

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800845f800]::resetController(0)

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800845f800]::deactivateAllAudioEngines

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800845f800]::free

VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff800845f800]::deactivateAllAudioEngines

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

hope some one could help me

gr,Hopihomber

I get those errors constantly too in my syslog, but my sound does work the whole time.

For some reason my built in speakers are not functioning, but try plugging in headphones, I bet there's sound. I'm not sure why it's like this.

As for as your reinstalling, you completely deleted and formatted the partition before the reinstall right? And you used the same exactly disc/OSX version? Just making sure because just attempt to reinstall without formatting would not help your issue.

So using the latest, 2.2 with no hacking it does recognize and add some sound lines. It gives me Line-Out and SPDIF-out, Line-Out works fine with my headphones and all L-R, volume slider work great in OSX 10.6.1.

BUT, this disables my built in laptop speakers which were working fine with AppleHDA.

Also I know have a Line Input called 'CD'. It will not use my internal microphone and I do not have an external available to plug in and test.

Has anyone got internal microphone and speakers to work? This is all I really want so I can Skype.

I take it back, after a reboot my internal speakers are working fine and if I plug in headphones it disables the internals and the headphones work fine. I had just rebooted from Windows though, so I hope that's not the reason.

I did find a microphone and cannot record at all, either with internal mic, plugging in a mic or putting a CD rom in the drive and recording while it's playing even though I do have a line input called 'CD'.

I have a codec dump from linux I was going to try with AppleHDA inject before I found VoodooHDA, is there a way I can inject just the microphone options into Voodoo? The only reason I'm not using OSX is because I need the microphone for Skype. I'd really like to continue with OSX.

I have a P5B and VoodooHDA doesn't load into the 64bit SL kernel. The kext is located in /S/L/E. Is VoodooHDA 32bit only? Do I have to delete AppleHDA in order to get it to work? Thanks.

I seem to be having the same problem--I have a P5E (ad1988b) with 10.6.1 and this is what I get in my logs when I drop the 2.2 kext into /s/l/e and touch the directory:

10/14/09 11:17:02 PM com.apple.kextd[10] Can't load VoodooHDA.kext - no code for running kernel's architecture.

10/14/09 11:17:02 PM com.apple.kextd[10] Failed to load VoodooHDA.kext - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found.

10/14/09 11:17:02 PM com.apple.kextd[10] Load org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA failed; removing personalities.

quo?

I seem to be having the same problem--I have a P5E (ad1988b) with 10.6.1 and this is what I get in my logs when I drop the 2.2 kext into /s/l/e and touch the directory:

10/14/09 11:17:02 PM com.apple.kextd[10] Can't load VoodooHDA.kext - no code for running kernel's architecture.

10/14/09 11:17:02 PM com.apple.kextd[10] Failed to load VoodooHDA.kext - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found.

10/14/09 11:17:02 PM com.apple.kextd[10] Load org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA failed; removing personalities.

quo?

Did you try the snow leo kext here : http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

Hi,

I'm trying to make work VoodooHDA.kext with my on-board audio card. I have a Asus M3A78-CM with comes with the following specs:

Codec: VIA VT1708B 8-Ch

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x1106e721

Subsystem Id: 0x104382ea

I have sound with AppleAzalia, but only 2 channels output. I'll love to get at least Headphones from the front panel. With VoodooHDA 0.2.1 or 0.2.2 I got everything detected (even if output is listed as Unknown) but the sound is awful: repeated echo & crackling & stuttering sound. The only way, as others around noticed, to get "smoother" sound is to move the mouse around. I've also compiled VoodooHDA from source (rv 8). Now devices are detected properly and not listed as Unknown, but I have the same issue.

I've tried to boot with idlehalt=0 as kernel flag and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext is disabled via Disabler.kext. I'm on a AMD Quad Core Phenom.

I've attached my Linux codec dump and the voodoohda dump from my card. I don't know if my codec is not supported by the Voodoohda extension, but apparently it's HDA compliant.

Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks!

codec_dump.txt

getdump_voodoohda.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi... am use VoodooHDA on CX20561 and it work all... except Microphone internal and auto switch output

and when computer sleep sound is not comeback.

but now i use a sleepwatcher to get a sound back from wakeup and it work very well...

because Microphone internal and auto switch output is work too.... :):lol:

Q: 1. why sleepwatcher make it work all ?

2. or some kext unload when computer sleep and sleepwatcher load kext only voodoohda ?

3. So may be i must delete some kext before install VoodooHDA.kext or not? because i didn't delected anything

about audio....

thankyou...

Hi,

I'm trying to make work VoodooHDA.kext with my on-board audio card. I have a Asus M3A78-CM with comes with the following specs:

Codec: VIA VT1708B 8-Ch

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x1106e721

Subsystem Id: 0x104382ea

I have sound with AppleAzalia, but only 2 channels output. I'll love to get at least Headphones from the front panel. With VoodooHDA 0.2.1 or 0.2.2 I got everything detected (even if output is listed as Unknown) but the sound is awful: repeated echo & crackling & stuttering sound. The only way, as others around noticed, to get "smoother" sound is to move the mouse around. I've also compiled VoodooHDA from source (rv 8). Now devices are detected properly and not listed as Unknown, but I have the same issue.

I've tried to boot with idlehalt=0 as kernel flag and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext is disabled via Disabler.kext. I'm on a AMD Quad Core Phenom.

I've attached my Linux codec dump and the voodoohda dump from my card. I don't know if my codec is not supported by the Voodoohda extension, but apparently it's HDA compliant.

Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks!

i have the same problem of you

i think it is kernel problem

it is the same problem on snow too

and the same problem on vmware <_<

i have

phenoem ii x4 955

asus m4a78t-e

if you want to have aclear sound use azaila kext but its problem is that you have one output and the mic will not work

waiting for solve for this problem

sorry for my english

• 2 weeks later...
VoodooHDA is an open source audio driver for devices compliant with the Intel High Definition Audio (HDA) specification, based primarily on code from the FreeBSD hdac driver. It is intended as an Intel-only replacement for AppleHDA on Mac OS X with support for a wide range of audio controllers and codecs.

http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/

feedback, download & discussion:

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php#5

Several members of the Voodoo team are now actively working on the project - if you would like to help feel free to visit the above links and contact the developers. For any announcements and new releases or to report bugs check out the Voodoo Projects forums. Sources are available from the Subversion repository at Google Code (for instructions click the "Source" tab on the project site).

thank you very much guys, it's very goooooooooooooooood

I would like to say thanks to the voodoo team for voodoohda.kext. I have not been able to figure out how to get sound working for over a year and gave up. Saturday night was my first night off from djing, I spent time with some family and when I got home and powered up the hacintosh, i thought what the hell mabey a solution has come up. I removed applehda.kext, dropped this in, messed with the internal sound mixer and boom! Sound!

I would like to donate to the project. Please post a link for donation, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
VoodooHDA 0.2.52 for Leopard and Snow Leopard:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...ic=355&st=0

Hi,

Can someone please please provide me a link for HDAEnabler.kext to be used with VoodooHDA on Snow Leopard.

I did download the HDAEnabler.kext but it doesnt seem to display the sound info correctly in System Profiler.

Thanks in advance.