363 replies to this topic

MaDDoGo

MaDDoGo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

work fine in my P5W DH 10.5.7. tanks.

Sereno, in this mobo (ALC882 I think) do you have 2.1 or 5.1?

Thanks

kaedekai

kaedekai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi all,

I need some help with get ALC888s/t working. I am on a ASUS IPIBL-LB mobo (Intel ICH9 chipset).

I have tried alc888 kext on this forum and nothing seems to work.
I have a codec dump from Linux (that works), but then after using HDAPatcher, there is still no sound.
The above two cases will not show the sound icon on the menu bar.

I have just tried the voodoo precompile 0.2.1 kext, and the 0.2.2 kext and the one provided by Viera. Still sound does not work. However, I get the sound icon on the menu bar. I tried all output method. None have sounds. Interestingly, the screen will flash if I click on the sound pref pane system sound file a couple of time.

I then tried the 0.2.2 with pref.pane kext. That one does work. I am able to get sound. However, the output is shown as unknown. But If I go to youTube and watch a video, after a while (time varies, but usually with2-3 mins), the sound will start degrading. I have to restart the computer, to get the sound level back.

Any idea? I have been trying to get this sound working for 2 days. but No luck so far.

Attach is the voodoo codec dump and my linux codec dump.

Please, any help is appreciated.. THanks =)

Attached Files

epborden

epborden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:ARRR
Tried to compile the latest version from SVN with no luck. Tried two previous versions as well with no luck. All had errors during compilation. Removed float and another part to get to compile. Just could no get this driver to work with latest from SVN :D

ktfn

ktfn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Got sound to work (MSI x58 Pro, ALC888S) with VoodooHDA 0.2.2 - have three sound output sources in system preferences, but the one that's called "Unknown" works great! Big thanks to the developers! This is the only method that worked on my pc! I'll continue testing.

drougnor

drougnor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I am happy to report that 2.2 and the prefpane work fantastically on my HP/Compaq 6710b (AD1981) and that I finally have my fully functional headphones without the use of an external USB Dongle. Thanks for the hard work!

d

JuanSNM

JuanSNM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hi!!, Im so happy I can finally use Skype!
Does someone have Line In working?. In Logic Pro I can use Mic In as an input (using MIDI configuration "Aggregate Device") but not able to set Line In as one.
I have ALC681-VD on a desktop machine.

r4idei

r4idei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Wonderful! I have an alc883 on a gigabyte945 and with previous drivers the front jacks didnt work!
Now they work :(

Thanks!

CernicMilano

CernicMilano

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
I noticed that after about two hours of activity the sound becomes noise . I don' konw why , but it starts to make a very bad sound. some ideas ?

adamsweeting

adamsweeting

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
Ah! - Just plugged my headphones into the front jack, and that is now working! (wasn't working with older release)

The sound coming out of the front jack seems to be a hell of a lot better than the output from the rear jacks.
I'm not complaining though... I was getting annoyed at the lack of bass on the rear jacks, so much so that last night I started to edit the Tables.c values to see if I could boost up the bass, which did work to an extent.

Bottom line is I can plug my Bose headphones in the front jack and get a perfect sound now. Good work Voodoo labs as this was the only avenue for the sound codec on my mainboard!

Jamesisnotonfire

Jamesisnotonfire

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Got My Hp 6710b Headphone Jack working, very nice. :(
Thanks alot

Farkonian

Farkonian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
If you have problems with noise/distorted audio after resuming from sleep mode, you can try the trick I posted in the Voodoo forums:

http://forum.voodoop...msg1718#msg1718

The only downside is the volume icon gets dropped from the taskbar.

bwm1974

bwm1974

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Just figured I'd add my experience to the list:

Realtek ALC883 (address 2)

Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L motherboard

Compiled voodoohda-read-only rev8 from source

Output works fine... keyboard, mute volume slider are all perfect

Sound in doesn't work at all. Shows external mic/line-in and external mic in system preferences sound, but nothing coming in to either. slider works okay, but no incoming signal.

General11

General11

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I haven't got mic on ALC 883 Motherboard Asus P5B-VM SE
I use Voodoo HDA 0.2.1 and 0.2.2 but no mic at all
BUT I HAVE A LOT OF NOISES :(
( Speaker Works Great ) HELP!!!
:( :(

adamsweeting

adamsweeting

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Just figured I'd add my experience to the list:

Realtek ALC883 (address 2)

Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L motherboard

Compiled voodoohda-read-only rev8 from source

Output works fine... keyboard, mute volume slider are all perfect

Sound in doesn't work at all. Shows external mic/line-in and external mic in system preferences sound, but nothing coming in to either. slider works okay, but no incoming signal.

Same here... I can see the Line In in the Sound PrefPane, but when I look in Audio / MIDI set up in Utilities, it says "Audio in is not supported". Not a biggie for me as I use an M-Audio Firewire Audiophile for recording.

I also compiled my own VoodooHDA.kext from the latest source code from Google Code.

General11

General11

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I haven't got mic on ALC 883 Motherboard Asus P5B-VM SE
I use Voodoo HDA 0.2.1 and 0.2.2 but no mic at all
BUT I HAVE A LOT OF NOISES ;)
( Speaker Works Great ) HELP!!!
:) :(

anybody help me?!
:( :( :)

digitallysick

digitallysick

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I have ALC262 on a lenovo 3000 Y410 , i have this kext installed, but no audio, no matter what settings i try, i deleted applehda kext, but could not find the other? what can I do to check my settings? =(

slipttees

slipttees

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
i have mobo intel DG35EC ALC888S Codec with voodooHDA Work, mic don't test yet, aboout System profile don't have any information! howto fix this ?

osx psychodude

osx psychodude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
sorry if this has been asked
does the conexant hda work?
as in input
output works due to azalia
thanks

sorry for the noob ques
I LOVE YOU MAN
IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM

mehdymehdy

mehdymehdy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
i have Conexant CX20561 (Hermosa), i have a fully working applehda except for mute. and i did a lot of things couldn't get the mute to work . but along the way i made a very good applehda. it switches between headphone and interspeakers. mic works line-in. so i only need mute to work. i installed ur voodoohda version. it works but it doesn't switch automatically between HP and spkers . and works but records screaching noise. mute works and i'm glad to see that.

so can u fix the auto switch between hd and inspkers. and the mic. or tell me where i can put or correct nids.

also do u know why mute doesn't work in applehda? thank you

Thireus

Thireus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Security

i have Conexant CX20561 (Hermosa), i have a fully working applehda except for mute. and i did a lot of things couldn't get the mute to work . but along the way i made a very good applehda. it switches between headphone and interspeakers. mic works line-in. so i only need mute to work. i installed ur voodoohda version. it works but it doesn't switch automatically between HP and spkers . and works but records screaching noise. mute works and i'm glad to see that.

so can u fix the auto switch between hd and inspkers. and the mic. or tell me where i can put or correct nids.

also do u know why mute doesn't work in applehda? thank you

Hi,

My modified version only concern microphone volume to make it work with my eeepc. I did not changed anything, so you might have your issues with all voodoohda versions released. Actually I can't do anything regarding the mute system for your computer. Mine works very well, maybe your issues have already been reported here: http://code.google.c...hda/issues/list

Regards,
Thi.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy