VoodooHDA

cinorhc

364 posts in this topic

Does this work for SPDIF output on ALC888? I have the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L rev2, with ALC888 onboard. I just installed iATKOS V7 and it works excellently, but I hear no sound through SPDIF output. If I connect my Logitech Z680 using the analog cables it works and sounds fine. But I really need to get this working under SPDIF.

Also, will bass/treble work? I would love to have global EQ settings if possible.

I installed iAtkos v7 with voodooHDA and it works beautifully, but the sound is kind of crackling. It doesn't always do that, in itunes it is only occasional, but when watching youtube it is constantly crackling. It's not like when the volume is all the way turned up that you can hear interference from the cpu, it's really distorting.

Edit: It is even worse with sounds like adium makes when contacts come online.

hi everyone. though this is not really voodoohda related (but of course audio-related), kindly share your knowledge.

would anyone know to what kexts are the AppleHDA.kext & HDAEnabler.kext are dependent to?

hope someone can help. tia.

[EDIT]

found the answer already. tnx to lebidou. :)

Hi all

I have followed the previous posts but no success with sound from my internal speakers.

1. Installed fresh iAtkos v7

2. Installed Xcode 3.1.2

3. Loaded voodoohda source

4. Loaded codec

5. Accessed voodoohda-read-only file

6. executed ./helper.sh build command

7. Moved the AppleHDA to backup

8. Rebooted.

I have dell xps m2010 laptop with Sigmatel 9220 audio.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Armi

1. Download and install Xcode 3.1.2 if not already installed and download the VoodooHDA read-only source using Terminal:

sudo svn checkout http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ voodoohda-read-only

which will generate a file list:

and the "voodoohda-read-only" folder in /Users/"Logged-In User"/.....

2. In Terminal type

cd /Users/"Logged-In User"/voodoohda-read-only
sudo su

3. At sh-3.2# prompt, type

./helper.sh build

In the "voodoohda-read-only" folder, there will now be a "build" folder containing a "Debug" and "VoodooHDA.build" folder.......inside the"Debug" folder is the compiled VoodooHDA.kext.....

4. In Terminal, rename AppleHDA......and AppleAzaliaAudio.kext too if present.....

cd /System/Library/Extensions/
  sudo mv AppleHDA.kext AppleHDA.kext.back
  exit

5. Use Kext Helper b7 to install the now compiled VoodooHDA.kext OR my already compiled VoodooHDA.kext....

6. Reboot with -v -f......You should hopefully hear an audio "crackle" during booting...... :)

UPDATE: Download VoodooHDA v0.2.2......

[/font][/size]

it's working for me!!...

My system: HP 6720s, Celeron, Kalyway 10.5.1, updated to 10.5.2 through apple combo update.

no chance to check mic yet, but I'll tell you when I do. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I sure wish I would've ticked the box to use Voodoo when I did my install of 10.5.7. Instead, I ended up wasting a lot of time trying to get my Realtek ALC888 to work by fooling around with far too many AppleHDA kext files. None of them or the other solutions worked until I installed the Voodoo drivers. Now, I finally have audio.

Thanks to who ever developed them. Cheers.

Works great on my DP35DP motherboard. Input/Output everything, finally i can use my mic -) Thank you VoodooTeam!

*BUT*

I have very low volume... Volume bar is full and i am hardly hearing? I was using AppleHDA and sound (output) was perfect but mic isnt work...

Feel i am lucky or is there a solution? -)

Thanks again...

ps. English isnt my native lang. Sorry...

EDIT-- I installed HDAEnabler.kext and sound works fine now... I think i missed something cause i figure out System Preferences -> Sound -> Output -> Analog PCM #0: PCM work great now...

I installed VoodooHDA 0.2.2 on an ASUS K70IO with an ALC269 sound works but only with really bad quality.

If I get a sound only with a strange noise too.

Tried installing it within the installation and also installing the kext with kexthelper, always the same result.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Help would be great because this is the only thing thats missing to get a fully working os x.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I wanted to share my experience on my MSI GX600 laptop running on iDeneb 1.5.7.

The VoodooHDA works but like others said that the mic isn't working. I have come to accept that in order for the mic and the built in speaker to work, I have to download a file on this thread. I use ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip to enable my mic and headphone out, if I want to use the speaker, I just install VoodooHDA.kext. Then delete it again. It's tedious but I can live with that.

Also, FYI, sleep, shutdown, wifi don't work. Installed iDeneb and unable too boot from vista. Had to enable the vista partition using partition software. It's included in the Hiren Boot CD.

If there's an easy way of removing a Kext without having to use terminal, I'd appreciate if you share your experience with it. Thanks in advance

Hi, AD1988b Works Fine With your Extreme Patched Version, but it is necessary to configure the "monitor" to at least 10% at the VoodooHDA.prefPane to have Mic work fine, if not it takes a while to the sound to be recognized, software like Rosetta Stone needs that.

Hi,

where do I get the patched version? I have an Asus P5B-E Plus, which uses the same sound chip.

Thanks!

Hi,

where do I get the patched version? I have an Asus P5B-E Plus, which uses the same sound chip.

Thanks!

I have a P5B and VoodooHDA doesn't load into the 64bit SL kernel. The kext is located in /S/L/E. Is VoodooHDA 32bit only? Do I have to delete AppleHDA in order to get it to work? Thanks.

hi, i have tried many voodooHDA (currently on VoodooHDA-0.2.2-042109 )

most of them work but all give me distorted sound after sleep,

if i unload the kext then reload it, OSX see's on audio device

is there any way around me having to reboot to get sound back to normal after sleep?

searching google i found a post about the distorted sound after sleep fix in voodooHDA.kext but could not find the kext

any tips? links? please!

;)

EDIT: Voodoo 0.5.7 kernel OSX 10.5.8 Toshiba Equium A100

Thanks

hi, i have tried many voodooHDA (currently on VoodooHDA-0.2.2-042109 )

most of them work but all give me distorted sound after sleep,

if i unload the kext then reload it, OSX see's on audio device

is there any way around me having to reboot to get sound back to normal after sleep?

searching google i found a post about the distorted sound after sleep fix in voodooHDA.kext but could not find the kext

any tips? links? please!

:(

EDIT: Voodoo 0.5.7 kernel OSX 10.5.8 Toshiba Equium A100

Thanks

Same issue with voodoohda alc268

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i'm sorry, this might be a stupid question but how can i use getdump application to get my codec dump? I've just put it in a terminal and all i've got is:

$ /Users/intrepid/Downloads/VoodooHDA-0.2.2/getdump

Found a device of class VoodooHDADevice: IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/AZAL@1B/VoodooHDADevice

$

so where is my dump.txt?

i'm sorry if this is "so obvious" but not for me.

please help.