VoodooHDA

cinorhc

364 posts in this topic

Just figured I'd add my experience to the list:

Realtek ALC883 (address 2)

Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L motherboard

Compiled voodoohda-read-only rev8 from source

Output works fine... keyboard, mute volume slider are all perfect

Sound in doesn't work at all. Shows external mic/line-in and external mic in system preferences sound, but nothing coming in to either. slider works okay, but no incoming signal.

Just figured I'd add my experience to the list:

Realtek ALC883 (address 2)

Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L motherboard

Compiled voodoohda-read-only rev8 from source

Output works fine... keyboard, mute volume slider are all perfect

Sound in doesn't work at all. Shows external mic/line-in and external mic in system preferences sound, but nothing coming in to either. slider works okay, but no incoming signal.

Same here... I can see the Line In in the Sound PrefPane, but when I look in Audio / MIDI set up in Utilities, it says "Audio in is not supported". Not a biggie for me as I use an M-Audio Firewire Audiophile for recording.

I also compiled my own VoodooHDA.kext from the latest source code from Google Code.

i have Conexant CX20561 (Hermosa), i have a fully working applehda except for mute. and i did a lot of things couldn't get the mute to work . but along the way i made a very good applehda. it switches between headphone and interspeakers. mic works line-in. so i only need mute to work. i installed ur voodoohda version. it works but it doesn't switch automatically between HP and spkers . and works but records screaching noise. mute works and i'm glad to see that.

so can u fix the auto switch between hd and inspkers. and the mic. or tell me where i can put or correct nids.

also do u know why mute doesn't work in applehda? thank you

i have Conexant CX20561 (Hermosa), i have a fully working applehda except for mute. and i did a lot of things couldn't get the mute to work . but along the way i made a very good applehda. it switches between headphone and interspeakers. mic works line-in. so i only need mute to work. i installed ur voodoohda version. it works but it doesn't switch automatically between HP and spkers . and works but records screaching noise. mute works and i'm glad to see that.

so can u fix the auto switch between hd and inspkers. and the mic. or tell me where i can put or correct nids.

also do u know why mute doesn't work in applehda? thank you

Hi,

My modified version only concern microphone volume to make it work with my eeepc. I did not changed anything, so you might have your issues with all voodoohda versions released. Actually I can't do anything regarding the mute system for your computer. Mine works very well, maybe your issues have already been reported here: http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/issues/list

Regards,

Thi.

anyone can send me a working copy for alc268 with Mic support.

I cannot get the mic working ..tried everything already

thanks..

This Driver works great on my Acer Extensa 5220 (ALC268) with 10.5.7

Delete Azalia.kext, then install new Driver with OSx86 Tools.

Reboot

Enjoy!

P.S. This Driver include HDA Enabler! Have you the Enabler in Extensions Folder, then delete it before install the new Driver!

ALC268_AppleHDA.zip

Thanks a lot for the link!!

The probelm of AppleHDA for me is that as long as I switch from power to battery or use battery only,

then there is this weird sound (happends every 5 seconds).

That's why I liked the voodoo one so much ..

<br /><i>VoodooHDA is an open source audio driver for devices compliant with the <a href="http://www.intel.com/standards/hdaudio/" target="_blank">Intel High Definition Audio (HDA)</a> specification, based primarily on code from the FreeBSD <a href="http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/sound/pci/hda/" target="_blank">hdac driver</a>. It is intended as an Intel-only replacement for AppleHDA on Mac OS X with support for a wide range of audio controllers and codecs.</i><br /><b><br /></b><font size="4"><a href="http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/" target="_blank"><b>http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/</b></a></font><br /><br /> feedback, download & discussion: <br /><font size="2"><b><a href="http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php#5" target="_blank">http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php#5</a></b></font><br /><br />Several members of the Voodoo team are now actively working on the project - if you would like to help feel free to visit the above links and contact the developers. For any announcements and new releases or to report bugs check out the Voodoo Projects forums. Sources are available from the Subversion repository at Google Code (for instructions click the "Source" tab on the project site).<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I love you!!!

I'm on a lenovo m57, soundmax integrated hda, kalyway 10.5.2, listening to classical music :o

1)Remove both applehda.kext and azaliaaudio.kext

2)Find, download and install kext helper

3)Download voodoohda.kext and drag it in your kext helper

4)click Easy install

5)When prompted reboot

Thanks again.

<br /><br /><br />

I love you!!!

I'm on a lenovo m57, soundmax integrated hda, kalyway 10.5.2, listening to classical music :)

1)Remove both applehda.kext and azaliaaudio.kext

2)Find, download and install kext helper

3)Download voodoohda.kext and drag it in your kext helper

4)click Easy install

5)When prompted reboot

Thanks again.

Thierus, any chance of something similar to your modified kexts for the HP Mini 1000? I tried yours, but no luck.

Not now. What are the problems you face on your HP Mini 1000 regarding the VoodooHDA kext?

Almost everything works, just no support for the internal microphone.... would be nice to use with skype, ichat, etc. I don't think the problem is the volume being too low, but at this point I'm not sure.

Thireus,

Are you able to display the sound config in System Profiler ?

aliasa_anderson,

AppleHDAController.kext (inside PlugIns folder of AppleHDA.kext) is the one responsible to display audio information in System Profiler. To achieve this, you need to inject your own "ConfigData" in the Info.plist file. It is one of the easiest thing to do in the process of patching AppleHDA.

This is what displayed in my System Profiler (Acer Aspire 3680 - ALC883):-

audioalc883laptop.jpg

Please go to THe KiNG's HowTo to learn how to patch AppleHDAController.kext. I don't know if you can use both AppleHDA & VoodooHDA without conflicting each other.

kizwan

aliasa_anderson,

AppleHDAController.kext (inside PlugIns folder of AppleHDA.kext) is the one responsible to display audio information in System Profiler. To achieve this, you need to inject your own "ConfigData" in the Info.plist file. It is one of the easiest thing to do in the process of patching AppleHDA.

This is what displayed in my System Profiler (Acer Aspire 3680 - ALC883):-

audioalc883laptop.jpg

Please go to THe KiNG's HowTo to learn how to patch AppleHDAController.kext. I don't know if you can use both AppleHDA & VoodooHDA without conflicting each other.

kizwan

Thanks for the help.

I'll delete the AppleHDA binary file from within the kext leaving the Plugins Directory and use it with VoodooHDA and report.

Hi all,

I have performed some modification on the VoodooHDA driver to provide the following capability to my AD1986A audio chipset on my M2NPV-VM Asus motherboard:

* External microphone on front panel (the rear input doesn't work!!!!)

* Audio 5.1 (using the Audio Midi Setup aggregate function). On audio property you will found 3 output device (Line Out / Headphone, Surround and C/LFE). With aggregation you will have 5.1 output.

* I have corrected the dump program to dump all the codec and not only the first one (in case you have a graphic card with HDMI sound exit)

* Added missing description for ATI Radeon RV670 vendor

I don't know if the front panel headphone work (may be yes, I don't have this connector). Let me know...

This codec should work in same way as original VoodooHDA for other motherbord, may be my implementation will work fine on other Asus mobo based od AD1986A audio codec.

If someone have some special request, can ask on the forum and add the codec dump, if possible I will help..

A didn't made a great job, I only changed some pin configuration and I made some esthetic correction to this fantastic codec.

Thank you to every one that develop it, and if I can help the development in any way, I'm here avalable.

VoodooHDA_0.2.2_r1_Ollo_v1.0.tar.bz2.zip

This is a cool driver! Congrats developer!

My HP laptop has working headphones + SPDIF + external MIC!

The only problem now is getting the internal built-in MIC (2 of them) and HD Modem (they both, HDA and HD Modem share same chip) OSX recognized it as Intel HDA but its conexant HDA+HD Modem with SmartCP

Hi, Ollo1969,

My laptop's dump file is as: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=48805. I have tested the original VoodooHDA v2.1 and v2.2 and I can get sound from Headphones. The issues are: 1. No sound from the Internal Speakers; 2. The sound from Headphones is not good enough, distorted and noise. I have not tested the Mics for I rarely use them.

Could you be kind to improve the VoodooHDA driver specific for me. THX a lot.

My laptop: Lenovo TIANYI F40, Intel Core Duo 1.75 GHz, SoundMAX Sound Audio ICH7-M, 1986a, device ID:0x14C00012, intel 945 chipset, Leopard 10.5.7.

OK! My mic is working all right (all of them) the only problem is that at MAX mic volume, system cannot detect my voice (my guess: in Windows, there is this option 20dB boost in advance button on standard mixer which is not here on OSX).

I have a question, Conexant uses same chip with modem (Conexant HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP) or check conexant site for details SO, is there any possibility that MODEM can be enabled on future versions of VooDoo??? Is this the right place to ask the question? I'm having feeling that official voodooHDA home is somewhere else....