363 replies to this topic

Thireus

Thireus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Security

Thank you, Thireus! Your modified VoodooHDA.kext work fine with AD1988 (Asus P5B-E Plus). Only one thing does not work. Output allows only streo. Is any way add multichannel support for output?

I have contacted the dev team, but still waiting for a reply.

XCODE
Do I need to keep XCODE installed in order for this to continue working? I would like to free up the GB if I can

No, you don't.

LOW VOLUME
The volume from the computer speaker is really low - even when it is turned up - when I plug the headphones in its crystal clear loud. I think I can fix it in the preference pane - but thats not working

You cant increase the volume directly into the table.h source code, at the end of this file, then build your kext again (don't forget to delete the kext folder before doing this again). Check out my post here to see what I mean to increase the volume, or you can directly download my build.

PREFERENCE PANE
When I click the VOODOO HDA icon in the preference pane I get the following error:
ERROR Can't Map Memory.
When I try to move the sliders it gives the following error:
ERROR Can't connect to StructMethod to send commands

That mean you didn't installed the provided kext given with the pref pane. Actually the voodoohda source code they give on their dev website is not the one compatible with the pref pane tool they provide. So don't try to use the pref pane. But you can if you want download the right kext here: http://forum.voodoop...opic,139.0.html (download the second file)... but for me my build is better.

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
hy. i'd like to give my info about 3 motherboard
on the laptop acer 5930g (alc888 s/t) no mic internal works and only frontal speakers work. the HP also works.
on both mcp79a zotac geforce9300 i730 and asus p5n7a-vm geforce9300 i730 the output is a 'craacraa' and no input works.
in both mcp79a I think is an alc662 but the voodoo report alc888. boh

the last checkout version is .8

thanks

Thireus

Thireus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

hy. i'd like to give my info about 3 motherboard
on the laptop acer 5930g (alc888 s/t) no mic internal works and only frontal speakers work. the HP also works.
on both mcp79a zotac geforce9300 i730 and asus p5n7a-vm geforce9300 i730 the output is a 'craacraa' and no input works.
in both mcp79a I think is an alc662 but the voodoo report alc888. boh

the last checkout version is .8

thanks

Try mine, to see if that works better.

AlexClark

AlexClark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thank you - your new version fixed the sound level problem. still have a few questions/issues

PREFERENCE PANE
Im a little confused about what you are talking about with this. Sorry! Are you saying if I used your ktext file that the preference pane won't work? (I did use your file). As for the preference pane - I was about to install the included ktext in the preference pane folder - but it has the same file name as your audio ktext I installed to increase the volume - isn't this an issue?

APPLE VOLUME CONTROL
My volume slider in the top icon tray does not work. is it suppose to? if it is - how can I fix it?

thanks - and as an added bonus check out my youtube channel as a thank you- (some fun vids of life on the road)

http://www.youtube.com/projectdynamite

live.fx

live.fx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi and thanks!
My Asus P5B motherboard ( AD1988A ) now have the line in and mic in worked ! :( ( with Voodoo HDA-0.2.2 beta )

Some glitches with preferences pane ( it don`t save values after reboot ) - but now this is not a big problem. Thanks you for your work :D

God save yours hands and brains ! :D

Thireus

Thireus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

PREFERENCE PANE
Im a little confused about what you are talking about with this. Sorry! Are you saying if I used your ktext file that the preference pane won't work? (I did use your file). As for the preference pane - I was about to install the included ktext in the preference pane folder - but it has the same file name as your audio ktext I installed to increase the volume - isn't this an issue?

The pref pane DOES NOT WORK with any kext. ONLY THE KEXT PROVIDED INTO THE SECOND ARCHIVE HERE: http://forum.voodoop...opic,139.0.html named "VoodooHDA-0.2.2_prefPane.tar.bz2" WORKS WITH IT

But if you install this one, you have to remove my kext and thus my volume modifications. And THIS PREF PANE IS NOT NEEDED IF YOU DO MY MODIFICATION, SO UNINSTALL IT (THE PREF PANE)!

Is it ok now to understand?

APPLE VOLUME CONTROL
My volume slider in the top icon tray does not work. is it suppose to? if it is - how can I fix it?

Maybe you've got another hda kext for example applehda.kext (I don't know) that you should delete...
But I don't know about this issue, you should contact the dev team.

thanks - and as an added bonus check out my youtube channel as a thank you- (some fun vids of life on the road)
http://www.youtube.com/projectdynamite

XD

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
thanks Thireus. I used to get voodoo project only in svn method.. I didn't know that there was newer code.. 0.2.2 and your!

ok
in syslog your kext (removed ll injector and applehda) and put hdaenabler.. and your
ay 3 17:35:25 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDACodecHints: not present in plist
May 3 17:35:25 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDAHints: not present in plist
May 3 17:35:25 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDADevice[0x58cbc00]::probe
May 3 17:35:25 Mackye kernel[0]: error: couldn't open PCI device
May 3 17:35:25 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDADevice[0x58cbc00]::free
May 3 17:35:25 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDADevice[0x58cbc00]::deactivateAllAudioEngines

and no sound .. all in prefpane is gray

i'd like to test also the 0.2.2 voodoohda

the result is strange.. in the log I see 0.2.1 !!!
then.. all is grey.. no sound and..
May 3 17:41:13 Mackye kernel[0]: Loading VoodooHDA 0.2.1 (based on hdac version 20090401_0132)
May 3 17:41:13 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDADevice[0x5c07400]::init
May 3 17:41:13 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDADevice[0x5c07400]::probe
May 3 17:41:13 Mackye kernel[0]: error: couldn't open PCI device
May 3 17:41:13 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDADevice[0x5c07400]::free
May 3 17:41:13 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDADevice[0x5c07400]::deactivateAllAudioEngines

this is on MCP79a invidia Geforce9300/i730

now I try on acer5930g

bye

Thireus

Thireus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
In fact there is something weird with their version names.

My kext is just a modification of the version you can find using svn. And it's named 0.2.1 r8.

But! Don't know why, the real 0.2.2 you can find on this thread: http://redirectingat.....ic,139.0.html is constantly updated without new version names.

And there was a state when the svn version was the same as the 0.2.2. So I decided to name my own modification 0.2.2 r8.

But I agree this is not the provided version name.

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
yes is here that i took that
then.. in the log.. if you put 1 kext or other kext (the zip with prefpane also contain a kext)
you see scrolling the syslog with 0.2.1 version!!

that's because of my 'expression' :)

Thireus

Thireus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

yes is here that i took that
then.. in the log.. if you put 1 kext or other kext (the zip with prefpane also contain a kext)
you see scrolling the syslog with 0.2.1 version!!

that's because of my 'expression' :D

Ok right, :)

Don't be in trouble with the version names :P

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
sure.. i see worst things in my life ;O

but.. i'm of 'older style' team method.. as the king docet
then.. with a good svg diagram, a perfect pinmap, verbs, and other.. I still haven't resolved the mystic problem of having the subwoofer, the rear and frontal audio, and mike working of my laptop

heh

lupocos

lupocos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hey, do any of you experience problems with waking from sleep after installing VoodooHDA.kext?
thanks.

mehdymehdy

mehdymehdy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
hi guys . is there any "how to" for modifying the voodoohda. i got conexant CX20561. and i get headphone and speakers and mute working with voodoohda version 2.2. and the internal mic is configured and working . but when i record it records screeching noise.

i already have a modified applehda.kext which gets me the speakers and headphone to work and they switch automatically. but mute don't work and mic works fine. i tried a lot but i couldn't get mute to work on applehda.

so now i'm trying voodoohda. and i need to learn about on wat to change to make speakers and headphone to switch automatically. and to correct the mic so it records voice correctly.

please any information is useful. thank you .

lavender.t

lavender.t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
this is purely awesome !! my Intel HDA (STAC 9205) in Dell Latitude D830 now worked like a charm.
thank you !

johnbhoy

johnbhoy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
These were appleAC97audio and anything else that had audio in the title. Once i removed these extra files it worked fine. chuffin delighted so am i..

thanks again

lavender.t

lavender.t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hmm ... is there a new version available now ? the current readonly svn revision seems to have a bug ... that after my lappy wake up from sleep, there will be no sounds or flaky (the sound devices are still available).

thanks !

- lt

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.
version 0.2.2 adds 15sec to my boot time.

mehdymehdy

mehdymehdy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
hello.

i have Conexant CX20561 (Hermosa) and with voodoohda ver 2.2 i'm getting speakers and headphone and mute working . internal mic is recognized and working but when recording it records screeching noise.

when i use the applehda which i edited the mic works great and headphone and speakers switch automatically , i only don't have mute.

so i want to use voodoohda. and i need someone to tell me which files to look at to change nodes . so i can make speakers and headphone switch automatically. and maybe i can get the mic record correctly. by changing some values.

i just need to know where to look at inside the source folder. thank you.

Sereno

Sereno

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
work fine in my P5W DH 10.5.7. tanks.

ostaryus1

ostaryus1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

svn checkout http://voodoohda.goo....com/svn/trunk/ voodoohda-read-only

Right on the page...

Very nice HDA kext, it now automatically switches between headphones and speakers ^_^

My soundcard is Conexant HD 221 and voodoo is working correctly but only issue is it doesn not automatically switch headphone and speakers. Did you do different installation and what is your soundcard model?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy