• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

Murrfk

Murrfk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
For the MSI wind owners, there has been a new kext based on the 0.2.2 but the microphone does work. For what was done and to download it, see this thread:

http://forums.msiwin...581.html#p98581

I would have thought these threads would have more action!

drewkie

drewkie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Does the 2.2 release work for anyone that has an HP Mini 1000? I tried it and got no audio. First release I had audio but no controls unless through PCM on pref pane, and no microphone.

Thanks,

DriveTheOne

DriveTheOne

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
on my laptop workin good in stereo...but the internal mic and 5.1 (internal) dolby don't work ! :D

anyone help me?!?!

razorpod

razorpod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Thireus, thanks! Your new version is working on a 1000HE (internal mic). I haven't yet tested the mic port.

Thireus

Thireus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Security

Thireus, thanks! Your new version is working on a 1000HE (internal mic). I haven't yet tested the mic port.

Great :)

You can test the mic port with your earphones, it's just working as a mic when you speak into the little speakers :)

Actually it's mono, so only the left (or right, don't remember) of your mic will work (I don't know why the dev team missed that point :/)

razorpod

razorpod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Great :hysterical:

You can test the mic port with your earphones, it's just working as a mic when you speak into the little speakers :hysterical:

Actually it's mono, so only the left (or right, don't remember) of your mic will work (I don't know why the dev team missed that point :/)

Cool. Yes, mic port is working. :hysterical:

(on 1000HE)

razorpod

razorpod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Thireus, you rock.

This version is it, I think. Tested all functions on 1000HE. All inputs and outputs working, including microphone in.

Better labels in the sound pref pane-thank you for that. Now it says Internal Microphone and External Microphone where before it just had generic "Mic" and you had to guess which was which. In the Output tab, it now says "Speaker/Headphones" and autoswitches when you plug in headphones in the jack.

Sound is very clean-both recorded and digital sound from Itunes. I played Itunes through the external speakers, plugged in headphones during the song and it picked it up no problem. Recorded myself in audacity using both external mic and internal.

FWIW, I just installed it using Kext Helper, without taking the old kext out of the Extensions folder. Please read the whole post if you are an EEE user doing this for the first time since you do have to delete appleazaliaaudio.kext and remove audiee from your login items for this to work.

Thireus

Thireus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Thanks goes to the voodoohda dev team ;)

FWIW, I just installed it using Kext Helper, without taking the old kext out of the Extensions folder. Please read the whole post if you are an EEE user doing this for the first time since you do have to delete appleazaliaaudio.kext and remove audiee from your login items for this to work.

Thank you about this detail, I have updated my post.

chris7519

chris7519

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Is there a known issue with not being able to control the volume with the keyboard/System Prefs? I can adjust the PCM volume though the VoodooHDA Prefs, but that is the only way to do so. It is a minor inconvenience, as otherwise it works great!

HDX16t
Sound: Intel IDT HDA (111D:76B2, 8086:293E)

cororok

cororok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks Voodoo team & Thireus

when I used 0.2.1 before

I turn off CD volume as 0

because even if I listen CD music, I thought I can play CD without CD volume

Thireus

Thireus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
http://ipis-osx.wiki...udio-in-working

Direct download: http://thireus.darey..._By_Thireus.zip

Changelog:

30/04/09: v.3.1

A bit more bass and tremble :-) but nothing else changed

darcio77

darcio77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Does not work on Toshiba Qosmio G50 - 12k Realtek 262. Realtek High definition :angel:

Parents' Please?

thanks

TRJS

TRJS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Is there a chance for a fix of the problem that sound is on full volume after wake from sleep? I'm working in an office and of course I always forget to set the volume lower, so everyone hears a loud sound coming from my EeePC every few hours...
Oh, and automatic switching from speakers to headphones doesn't work on the EeePC 900A.

zwaldowski

zwaldowski

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hey, VoodooHDA works flawlessly on my ALC268!!! You're a saint!

... I just have thee problems. Hope they can be fixed, eventually.
- My microphone doesn't work.
- My speaker doesn't turn off when I plug in headphones, nor does it switch to the headphones automatically.
- After sleep, all sound is corrupted and staticky. It's easily reproducible... all I need to do is press up and down on my keyboard's buttons to get OS X to play the little "clack" sound.

EDIT: After sleep, when I plug in headphones and manually switch to it for output in System Preferences, sound is also corrupted over headphones.

EDIT: Version 0.22r96

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
You need tu unload and load the kext again.

voodooHDA does not have powerManagement yet, or at least it does not have it right.

dkimxd

dkimxd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i get sound with headphones plugged in using the latest voodooHDA but on speakers nothing comes out. also, when i am using the headphones, the sound is barely audible with volume turned all the way up. I am using a gateway laptop with a intel high definition audio device.

Reg_one

Reg_one

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I got it working on a IDT 92HD202 6-channel High Definition Audio Codec on a ECS 945GCT-M/1333. No mic support here. I been playing audio for the past 4 hours. Not problems yet. Thanks Voodoo devs.

Murrfk

Murrfk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
easy.....read the post at page 4. about #65. Do what it says in note 4, but use one of the precompiled kexts. and you are done.

Basically, delete the existing audio kexts and install this .2.2 kext with kext helper, and reboot.

AlexClark

AlexClark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

easy.....read the post at page 4. about #65. Do what it says in note 4, but use one of the precompiled kexts. and you are done.

Basically, delete the existing audio kexts and install this .2.2 kext with kext helper, and reboot.

Thank you - this worked out fantastically.

A few questions:

XCODE
Do I need to keep XCODE installed in order for this to continue working? I would like to free up the GB if I can

LOW VOLUME
The volume from the computer speaker is really low - even when it is turned up - when I plug the headphones in its crystal clear loud. I think I can fix it in the preference pane - but thats not working

PREFERENCE PANE
When I click the VOODOO HDA icon in the preference pane I get the following error:
ERROR Can't Map Memory.
When I try to move the sliders it gives the following error:
ERROR Can't connect to StructMethod to send commands

Thanks for getting back to me so quick on these - I really appreciate the help.

serge_dv

serge_dv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you, Thireus! Your modified VoodooHDA.kext work fine with AD1988A (Asus P5B-E Plus). Only one thing does not work. Output allows only stereo. Is any way add multichannel support for output?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy