VoodooHDA

cinorhc

364 posts in this topic

PREFERENCE PANE

Im a little confused about what you are talking about with this. Sorry! Are you saying if I used your ktext file that the preference pane won't work? (I did use your file). As for the preference pane - I was about to install the included ktext in the preference pane folder - but it has the same file name as your audio ktext I installed to increase the volume - isn't this an issue?

The pref pane DOES NOT WORK with any kext. ONLY THE KEXT PROVIDED INTO THE SECOND ARCHIVE HERE: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,139.0.html named "VoodooHDA-0.2.2_prefPane.tar.bz2" WORKS WITH IT

But if you install this one, you have to remove my kext and thus my volume modifications. And THIS PREF PANE IS NOT NEEDED IF YOU DO MY MODIFICATION, SO UNINSTALL IT (THE PREF PANE)!

Is it ok now to understand?

APPLE VOLUME CONTROL

My volume slider in the top icon tray does not work. is it suppose to? if it is - how can I fix it?

Maybe you've got another hda kext for example applehda.kext (I don't know) that you should delete...

But I don't know about this issue, you should contact the dev team.

thanks - and as an added bonus check out my youtube channel as a thank you- (some fun vids of life on the road)

http://www.youtube.com/projectdynamite

XD

thanks Thireus. I used to get voodoo project only in svn method.. I didn't know that there was newer code.. 0.2.2 and your!

ok

in syslog your kext (removed ll injector and applehda) and put hdaenabler.. and your

ay 3 17:35:25 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDACodecHints: not present in plist

May 3 17:35:25 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDAHints: not present in plist

May 3 17:35:25 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDADevice[0x58cbc00]::probe

May 3 17:35:25 Mackye kernel[0]: error: couldn't open PCI device

May 3 17:35:25 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDADevice[0x58cbc00]::free

May 3 17:35:25 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDADevice[0x58cbc00]::deactivateAllAudioEngines

and no sound .. all in prefpane is gray

i'd like to test also the 0.2.2 voodoohda

the result is strange.. in the log I see 0.2.1 !!!

then.. all is grey.. no sound and..

May 3 17:41:13 Mackye kernel[0]: Loading VoodooHDA 0.2.1 (based on hdac version 20090401_0132)

May 3 17:41:13 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDADevice[0x5c07400]::init

May 3 17:41:13 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDADevice[0x5c07400]::probe

May 3 17:41:13 Mackye kernel[0]: error: couldn't open PCI device

May 3 17:41:13 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDADevice[0x5c07400]::free

May 3 17:41:13 Mackye kernel[0]: VoodooHDADevice[0x5c07400]::deactivateAllAudioEngines

this is on MCP79a invidia Geforce9300/i730

now I try on acer5930g

bye

In fact there is something weird with their version names.

My kext is just a modification of the version you can find using svn. And it's named 0.2.1 r8.

But! Don't know why, the real 0.2.2 you can find on this thread: http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&u...ic%2C139.0.html is constantly updated without new version names.

And there was a state when the svn version was the same as the 0.2.2. So I decided to name my own modification 0.2.2 r8.

But I agree this is not the provided version name.

yes is here that i took that

then.. in the log.. if you put 1 kext or other kext (the zip with prefpane also contain a kext)

you see scrolling the syslog with 0.2.1 version!!

that's because of my 'expression' :)

yes is here that i took that

then.. in the log.. if you put 1 kext or other kext (the zip with prefpane also contain a kext)

you see scrolling the syslog with 0.2.1 version!!

that's because of my 'expression' :D

Ok right, :)

Don't be in trouble with the version names :P

sure.. i see worst things in my life ;O

but.. i'm of 'older style' team method.. as the king docet

then.. with a good svg diagram, a perfect pinmap, verbs, and other.. I still haven't resolved the mystic problem of having the subwoofer, the rear and frontal audio, and mike working of my laptop

heh

hi guys . is there any "how to" for modifying the voodoohda. i got conexant CX20561. and i get headphone and speakers and mute working with voodoohda version 2.2. and the internal mic is configured and working . but when i record it records screeching noise.

i already have a modified applehda.kext which gets me the speakers and headphone to work and they switch automatically. but mute don't work and mic works fine. i tried a lot but i couldn't get mute to work on applehda.

so now i'm trying voodoohda. and i need to learn about on wat to change to make speakers and headphone to switch automatically. and to correct the mic so it records voice correctly.

please any information is useful. thank you .

hmm ... is there a new version available now ? the current readonly svn revision seems to have a bug ... that after my lappy wake up from sleep, there will be no sounds or flaky (the sound devices are still available).

thanks !

- lt

hello.

i have Conexant CX20561 (Hermosa) and with voodoohda ver 2.2 i'm getting speakers and headphone and mute working . internal mic is recognized and working but when recording it records screeching noise.

when i use the applehda which i edited the mic works great and headphone and speakers switch automatically , i only don't have mute.

so i want to use voodoohda. and i need someone to tell me which files to look at to change nodes . so i can make speakers and headphone switch automatically. and maybe i can get the mic record correctly. by changing some values.

i just need to know where to look at inside the source folder. thank you.

svn checkout http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ voodoohda-read-only

Right on the page...

Very nice HDA kext, it now automatically switches between headphones and speakers ^_^

My soundcard is Conexant HD 221 and voodoo is working correctly but only issue is it doesn not automatically switch headphone and speakers. Did you do different installation and what is your soundcard model?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I need some help with get ALC888s/t working. I am on a ASUS IPIBL-LB mobo (Intel ICH9 chipset).

I have tried alc888 kext on this forum and nothing seems to work.

I have a codec dump from Linux (that works), but then after using HDAPatcher, there is still no sound.

The above two cases will not show the sound icon on the menu bar.

I have just tried the voodoo precompile 0.2.1 kext, and the 0.2.2 kext and the one provided by Viera. Still sound does not work. However, I get the sound icon on the menu bar. I tried all output method. None have sounds. Interestingly, the screen will flash if I click on the sound pref pane system sound file a couple of time.

I then tried the 0.2.2 with pref.pane kext. That one does work. I am able to get sound. However, the output is shown as unknown. But If I go to youTube and watch a video, after a while (time varies, but usually with2-3 mins), the sound will start degrading. I have to restart the computer, to get the sound level back.

Any idea? I have been trying to get this sound working for 2 days. but No luck so far.

Attach is the voodoo codec dump and my linux codec dump.

Please, any help is appreciated.. THanks =)

alc888LinuxCodecDump.txt

alc888voodooHDACodecDump.txt

Tried to compile the latest version from SVN with no luck. Tried two previous versions as well with no luck. All had errors during compilation. Removed float and another part to get to compile. Just could no get this driver to work with latest from SVN :D

Got sound to work (MSI x58 Pro, ALC888S) with VoodooHDA 0.2.2 - have three sound output sources in system preferences, but the one that's called "Unknown" works great! Big thanks to the developers! This is the only method that worked on my pc! I'll continue testing.

I am happy to report that 2.2 and the prefpane work fantastically on my HP/Compaq 6710b (AD1981) and that I finally have my fully functional headphones without the use of an external USB Dongle. Thanks for the hard work!

d

Hi!!, I´m so happy I can finally use Skype!

Does someone have Line In working?. In Logic Pro I can use Mic In as an input (using MIDI configuration "Aggregate Device") but not able to set Line In as one.

I have ALC681-VD on a desktop machine.

Ah! - Just plugged my headphones into the front jack, and that is now working! (wasn't working with older release)

The sound coming out of the front jack seems to be a hell of a lot better than the output from the rear jacks.

I'm not complaining though... I was getting annoyed at the lack of bass on the rear jacks, so much so that last night I started to edit the Tables.c values to see if I could boost up the bass, which did work to an extent.

Bottom line is I can plug my Bose headphones in the front jack and get a perfect sound now. Good work Voodoo labs as this was the only avenue for the sound codec on my mainboard!