VoodooHDA

cinorhc

364 posts in this topic

Guys, I need your help!

After installing this kexts I got Voodoo HDA panel in my Settings, BUT!

1. There is no sound, even though I am able to change volume now

2. My USB ports are not working anymore

Can anybody provide me with a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I have problems with sound, fisrt i have no sound, then i tried with azalia (i don´t remember the exact name, i´m writting from windows) and the audio is choppy. I don´t know what kext i should use to fix it. Here is my audio hardware, i´ll be very gratefull if someone can help me fixing the sound.

Thanks

post-634282-1289894024_thumb.jpg

post-634282-1289894036_thumb.jpg

With the latest voodoohda pkg installer my volume control doesn't work anymore.

I have an ALC268 module in my HPDV6700.

When I use the volume slider or systemvolume slider, the volume doesn't change. Mute is working.

Also there is some crackling noise.

Anyone has this problem also?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the voodoohda.kext on my Gigabyte P965 DS4 and i got it installed. It shows up in System Preferences. When playing on my e-piano (connected via line-in) i do hear the sound comming from the speakers correctly.

When i do play mp3´s or e.g. samples of garage band i do see the volume-meter going up and down but no sound comming out of the speakers.

Do you have any idea how to get the sound out of mp3´s work?

In System Preferences - Audio i do have 4x Digital Output listed. I selected each on its own but none working. As i am using a Logitech 5.1 X540 sound system i guess i don´t need digital output. Am i right with that?

Cyber

Hi,

i got the latest kext installed. Sound is working via HDMI Digital output but my internal speakers aren't. I got an Asus N61vn Notebook with ALC269 Soundchip.

The ALC269 doesn't show up anywhere. I just see the HDMI Output in the audio preferences.

Can any1 help me fixing this issue?

btw: sorry for my bad english

greetings,

Tim

Hi,

i got the latest kext installed. Sound is working via HDMI Digital output but my internal speakers aren't. I got an Asus N61vn Notebook with ALC269 Soundchip.

The ALC269 doesn't show up anywhere. I just see the HDMI Output in the audio preferences.

Can any1 help me fixing this issue?

btw: sorry for my bad english

greetings,

Tim

Hiya!

Try: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=220707

Skipping HDMI is the solution which worked for me (kext of 1st and tool lspci of 2nd post)

Cyber

Hi, All,

I installed voodoo 2.7.2 via a third-party installer ([url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]), and it works magnificently except for one problem.

There is a new prefpane in system preferences for voodoohda, and every time I reboot, all my changes get set back to default.

This wouldn't be a problem except that the input gain is set to the max and so there is a loud FUZZZZZZZZZZZZ until I turn it all the way down.

I searched the forum and someone mentioned a VoodooHelper.app which I can run on startup to ensure that the settings are saved, but I can't find it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

I installed the latest Voodoohda.kext and it shows three devices, but those devices don't work except for my 1.8mm out plug on the laptop.

Still have the speakers, hdmi, and input to start working.

My Dumps are attached in http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=239488.

I am not sure how to edit the voodoohda.kext info.plist to get the speakers working.

Speakers did work with appleazaliaaudio.pkg, but very choppy and nothing else worked.

Whoa. I just plugged in my spdif again, and I'm getting audio. However it is extremely distorted. And I only get audio thru itunes, quicktime and imovie. Dont get any thru Safari or Firefox when on youtube or something. Also the sound effects in Sound Preferences dont play. They play fine when Im using analog connection, but for some reason I'm only getting the center speaker.

edit:

IT WORKS!

HAHAHA, glorious sound again! Ok, the sound cracking/distortion was absoutely terrible. But on a hunch I went to Audio MIDI setup in Apps/Utils and played around with some settings. I had it set on 2-CH 32bit. I keep the frequency to 48khz, and changed the 2-CH 32bit to 2-CH 16bit. Et Voila, beautiful sound thru Itunes, Imovie, Quicktime, basically all audio.

So if you're getting horrid cracking/distortion make SURE you set the output to a frequency/bitrate your ALC allows.

I have spend many days trying to get voodooHDA to load normally, but am still experiencing semi-random KP at boot time.

This problem only came up after upgrading to 10.6.5 (combo update). On 10.6.4 voodooHDA 2.7.2 had no issues loading.

My main board is x58a-UD5 which has the ALC899 audio chip.

I have tried almost everything I could think of by now:

- removed HDEF injection from dsdt

- flashed bios to latest version

- tried 32 bit booting

- used different chameleon versions

- tried different fakeSMC's

Some observations:

1) I am also getting KP at boot time when trying to get sound with a patched appleHDA kext - so it doesn't seem specifically voodoo related.

2) there is no KP at boot time if no audio kext is loaded

3) the problem did not exist in 10.6.4

4) I can mostly boot normally when I use either 'ignore caches' or 'verbose boot'

Hoping somebody knows what the problem might be.

I would very apreciate if someone will help me to resolve my ALC268 headphones problem.

You can read description of my problem here - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...241664&st=0 (I'm a new user, sorry).

Thanks in advance!

Hope you will find some time to look into it!

Guys, I've installed VooDooHDA 2.7 ( the latest ) and I have some noise and crackling on certain tones and songs. Anyways, I know I can fix that through the prefpane, but when I go there, the prefpane recognizes my sound as " Digital OUT HDMI ", which I don't use. I use my Green Line Out, the other one is something from the graphics card. How can I make it use the Green Out, and not the HDMI ?

Plus I got a kernel panic when I restarted ( After installing the latest voodoohda )

THANKS.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to fix the problem with the volume slide?

I am running iAtkos S3 v2 on HP HDX 18 with IDT audio, with voodooHDA i can hear sounds perfectly but the volume slide on the desktop don't work. Can anyone help me please?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
VoodooHDA is an open source audio driver for devices compliant with the Intel High Definition Audio (HDA) specification, based primarily on code from the FreeBSD hdac driver. It is intended as an Intel-only replacement for AppleHDA on Mac OS X with support for a wide range of audio controllers and codecs.

http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/

feedback, download & discussion:

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php#5

Several members of the Voodoo team are now actively working on the project - if you would like to help feel free to visit the above links and contact the developers. For any announcements and new releases or to report bugs check out the Voodoo Projects forums. Sources are available from the Subversion repository at Google Code (for instructions click the "Source" tab on the project site).

Does this driver work with idt hda audio devices?