VoodooHDA

cinorhc

364 posts in this topic

in c.a.b.p delete the arch=i386 and then see if it works in 64BIT

to check if you are in 64BIT type this in terminal:

uname -a

if it is 32bit the output will look similar to this:

Darwin iMac.local 10.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.0.0: Fri Jul 31 22:47:34 PDT 2009; root:xnu-1456.1.25~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

note the:_I386 i386

if it is 64bit the output will look similar to this:

Darwin iMac.local 10.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.0.0: Fri Jul 31 22:47:34 PDT 2009; root:xnu-1456.1.25~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

note the:_X86_64 x86_64

In order to delete the Kernel Flag "arch=i386" should I just remove that literal part? Or the entire thing? Example:

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

To be replaced with:

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Thank you for specifying... I seem to be running into some more errors. I believe this stems from something else, (I've been attempting to get the Atheros 9285 WiFi card working) and I now have kernel panics talking about a kext called "AppleHDAController". I didn't realize that this was happening... so I'm still in the debugging stage.

How would I restore my internal HDD's install from the External one? (Keep in mind the external is GUID and the internal is MBR.)

I used Nawcom's modified bootCD to enable me to install on MBR... This is preferable because all of my backups (Windows, Linux, ETC.) are on MBR and previously problems were caused by trying to install on GUID....

Wow... lol... I feel like a big dummy to be honest. I should have realized that for one HDAController to work, the other would have to NOT be there....

Alright, I'm going to debug my internal installation and try this all again... I may have to reinstall completely in order to do it right, but at this point I just want it to be done correctly...

yea :D , gotta learn some how :D

lol I agree 100%. I'm pretty witty when it comes to Windows problem solving, but as soon as I decided to get into Mac OS X it's a whole different ball game!

By the way, I figured out how to restore my internal HDD using Disk Utility and am currently configuring the installation. I appreciate all your help and I'll let you know how things go :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried VoodooHDA 2.7.2?

I installed with the package downloaded from the website of Voodoo, but does not operate to modify info.plis as above.

I currently use SL version 0.2.6.2 to 10.6.4, and a sound card ALC888/1200, and working properly.

If someone could help me appreciate it.

PD.: I apologize if the message is well understood, do not know English and I use the Google translator

I have a small problem. My brother's computer is a Gateway P-6860fx. My sound device is a SigmaTel 92HD71B Dual SPDF. If I install a Mac OS X retail disk and a bootcd (I forgot where I got the bootcd.iso but I think it special for my computer) I have working:

Bluetooth

USB

SD card reader

NO SOUND

NO WIRELESS INTERNET

When I try to install VoodooHDA I get kernel panics.

If I install iATKOS S3 I have:

NO USB

NO CARD READER

NO SOUND (But VoodooHDA install makes internal speakers work but not mic or headphones)

NO WIRELESS INTERNET

Is there anyway I can be somewhere in the middle?

With Bluetooth, USB, SD Reader, Sound?

I can upload the bootcd.iso if someone can customize it more for sound. PLEASE AND THANK YOU :)

BOOTCD.zip

i kinda have it working on my SupremeFX X-Fi PCIe 1x card with 2.7.2 package installer.

but i have to turn my amp full blast and i can hear some of it playing. have to figure out whats going on. I think i read somewhere you need to boot windows and play with the settings... i guess it saves it...