VoodooHDA

cinorhc

364 posts in this topic

I use an older Version of VoodooHDA on my EeePC 901 because I get noises (sounds like fan is spinning fast). This appears on bootup when the device gets initialized.

After boot I have to set imix in voodoo pref pane to 0 to stop the noise. But imix won't get with newest driver version. In the old version imix is set to 0 but the noise is still there just very very silent. If I set it to a higher value and then back to zero the noise disappears till the next restart.

Is there a script that will set the value on bootup?

• 2 weeks later...

After months of using iPC MacOS 10.5.6 without any Sounds, I was really impressed after installing VoodooHDA 0.2.2 . Because suddenly MacOS wasn't soundless any longer. But unfortunately my enthusiasm didn't last too long because after using the driver for a several time I mentioned that the sound starts to stutter if you hear music for more than only a few minutes. Once started, the stuttering gets worse and even stopping and restarting the sound playback doesn't solve the problem. The only way to clear this effect, is to change the "Audio-Output-Format" in the program Audio-Midi-Setup, which can be found in the "Utilities" folder. But even this solution does only work for a short time until stuttering begins again. So does anybody got an idea how solve this problem permanently?

The Audio Chipset I'm using is a: Realtek ALC 269

But the Laptop is NOT a MSI or ASUS Netbook. Instead it's a largely unknown Fujitsu-Siemens Computer called "Esprimo Mobile V6505".

I would be very appreciative to everbody who may help me.

Greetings

DarkDriver

Using VoodooHDA 0.2.2_Thireus_patched_extreme with my Conexant CX20549 (IBM R61i), speakers, headphone works great, the only problem is the mic, can't get it work correctly, mic works somehow, but the sound is too quiet, other users can't hear what I'm saying, tested on Skype and Teamspeak, same problem, mic is too quiet. :S

Any solution for this?

Thx in advance!

Using VoodooHDA 0.2.2_Thireus_patched_extreme with my Conexant CX20549 (IBM R61i), speakers, headphone works great, the only problem is the mic, can't get it work correctly, mic works somehow, but the sound is too quiet, other users can't hear what I'm saying, tested on Skype and Teamspeak, same problem, mic is too quiet. :S

Any solution for this?

Thx in advance!

hi... i use CX20561 (Compaq CQ60-218TX) i have a same problem too.

speakers, headphone work, but not auto switch and internal Mic/ external Mic not work.

i have a solution for fix that problem by sleep one time after turn on laptop ,and use the way of sleep watcher

from this topic.

when my laptop wake up from sleep auto detect output/input and internal microphone is working grate.

maybe this way can help you.

ok... first: my english is´nt so good... if you can, please answer in simple english or german language. thanks.

i have a asus m2a-vm with alc883. in the bios stays for audio hda-audio. (the second is ac97)

i have installed on my amd-pc the snow osx v3.6a. all works fine (hard work for this...), but the sound... especially the output. mic is testet. both on rear. on front nothing goes.

i have testet the voodoohda 0.21, from the projectx-board an alc883 with vcad or so (fixed plist) and the new kext too.

in early versions no sound. with .41 was sound, but whah whah-like. (like here in the attachment http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...638&st=60#)

tested too the voodoohdapfepane.

what can i do now ??? which kextst must be installed ???

can me anybody help ???

greetings idefix

1. Download and install Xcode 3.1.2 if not already installed and download the VoodooHDA read-only source using Terminal:

sudo svn checkout http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ voodoohda-read-only

which will generate a file list:

and the "voodoohda-read-only" folder in /Users/"Logged-In User"/.....

2. In Terminal type

cd /Users/"Logged-In User"/voodoohda-read-only
sudo su

3. At sh-3.2# prompt, type

./helper.sh build

In the "voodoohda-read-only" folder, there will now be a "build" folder containing a "Debug" and "VoodooHDA.build" folder.......inside the"Debug" folder is the compiled VoodooHDA.kext.....

4. In Terminal, rename AppleHDA......and AppleAzaliaAudio.kext too if present.....

cd /System/Library/Extensions/
  sudo mv AppleHDA.kext AppleHDA.kext.back
  exit

5. Use Kext Helper b7 to install the now compiled VoodooHDA.kext OR my already compiled VoodooHDA.kext....

6. Reboot with -v -f......You should hopefully hear an audio "crackle" during booting...... :)

UPDATE: Download VoodooHDA v0.2.2......

[/font][/size]

After typing sudo ./helper.sh build, I get this:

/Users/toohinc/voodoohda-read-only/Parser.cpp:3014: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’

/Users/toohinc/voodoohda-read-only/Parser.cpp:3014: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:

VoodooHDA:

CompileC build/VoodooHDA.build/Debug/VoodooHDA.build/Objects-normal/i386/Parser.o /Users/toohinc/voodoohda-read-only/Parser.cpp normal i386 c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2

(1 failure)

+ gcc getdump.c -o getdump -framework IOKit -framework CoreFoundation -Wall -Wextra -Werror

cc1: warnings being treated as errors

getdump.c: In function ‘printMsgBuffer’:

getdump.c:24: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘IOConnectMapMemory’ from incompatible pointer type

getdump.c:24: warning: passing argument 5 of ‘IOConnectMapMemory’ from incompatible pointer type

/quote]

Why im I getting this? Any help?

I do have the same problem Building VoodooHDA

warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'

in line

void VoodooHDADevice::dumpNodes(FunctionGroup *funcGroup)
{
static char *ossname[] = SOUND_DEVICE_NAMES;

Same error here with ALC861

/voodoohda-read-only/Parser.cpp:3014: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:

VoodooHDA:

CompileC build/VoodooHDA.build/Debug/VoodooHDA.build/Objects-normal/i386/Parser.o /voodoohda-read-only/Parser.cpp normal i386 c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2

(1 failure)

+ gcc getdump.c -o getdump -framework IOKit -framework CoreFoundation -Wall -Wextra -Werror

cc1: warnings being treated as errors

getdump.c: In function ‘printMsgBuffer’:

getdump.c:24: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘IOConnectMapMemory’ from incompatible pointer type

getdump.c:24: warning: passing argument 5 of ‘IOConnectMapMemory’ from incompatible pointer type

Tired to get this bloody ALC861 working!!!

Trying to get my SigmaTel 9200 working, I've tired just about every VoodooHDA for 10.6 I can find, including 252 from Slice.

All report the following during boot:

Kext org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily not found.

Can't load kext org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA - failed to resolve library dependencies.

Kext org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA failed to load (0xdc00800e).

Failed to load kext org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA (error 0xdc00800e).

Couldn't alloc class "VoodooHDADevice"

Even tried building my own from the 252 source, and still end up with the same results as above.

Details on my configuration here.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Trying to get my SigmaTel 9200 working, I've tired just about every VoodooHDA for 10.6 I can find, including 252 from Slice.

All report the following during boot:

Kext org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily not found.

Can't load kext org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA - failed to resolve library dependencies.

Kext org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA failed to load (0xdc00800e).

Failed to load kext org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA (error 0xdc00800e).

Couldn't alloc class "VoodooHDADevice"

Even tried building my own from the 252 source, and still end up with the same results as above.

Details on my configuration here.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Figured it out. If loading VoodooHDA from /Extra/Extensions, it needs IOAudioFamily.kext and OSvKernDSPLib.kext copied from /System/Library/Extensions -- or just put VoodooHDA in /System/Library/Extensions.

Now onto sorting out speedstep..

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get ALC268 internal microphone working on 10.6 Snow Leo? I have Acer Aspire One ZG5 (110) and I get sound from speakers and external mic but no luck with internal microphone. If someone knows solution for this please let me know!

grippa:

1. download voodoohda source

1.install xcode

2. in terminal, change directory where voodoohda files are located.

3. type: sudo helper.sh

I got the following:

_CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

sudo: helper.sh: command not found

OK guys! Finally after a day of attempts it starts working for me with X-Fi Extreme Audio and all analog output.

I've checked all connectors - green, orange, black and grey and all outputs sound simultaneously.

And this was a good news!

<key>NodesToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Codec</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>[color="#FF0000"]0x01014010[/color]</string>
				<key>Description</key>
				<string>Green	Line Out  1/8" stereo/mono	Jack  External  Rear</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>11</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Codec</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>[color="#FF0000"]0x01016070[/color]</string>
				<key>Description</key>
				<string>Orange	Line Out  1/8" stereo/mono	Jack  External  Rear</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>12</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Codec</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>[color="#FF0000"]0x01011080[/color]</string>
				<key>Description</key>
				<string>Black	Line Out  1/8" stereo/mono	Jack  External  Rear</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>13</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Codec</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>[color="#FF0000"]0x01014090[/color]</string>
				<key>Description</key>
				<string>Grey	Line Out  1/8" stereo/mono	Jack  External  Rear</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>14</integer>
			</dict>
		</array>

After that I've try to figure out how to make 5.1 configuration. Goggling said me about Aggregation Device. I've try tom do 5.1 output with it. All my outs works with 16bit 44khz settings, when I add it to Aggregation Device configure 5.1 and select device for sound output sound stops playing. Only changing first Green out to different sample rate enables sound, but I'm loosing ability to control sound levels from top bar and system preferences. I also played few videos with 5.1 sound and I think all speakers outs the same front channel stereo but in clone version=)

Don't know what to do with 5.1/7.1 config.

By the way when I've patched plist new devices appeared in sound config panel

for output

post-120553-1265489187_thumb.pngpost-120553-1265489200_thumb.png

for input all the same

post-120553-1265489194_thumb.png

After this attempts I also tried to remap my Mic (as voodoo detects Pink Front Mic) and Line-In(Blue Rear) with simply replacing Config strings mic to line-in / line-in to mic. Reboot and Mic still not working. Switching between line-in and mic as input had no result.

<dict>
				<key>Codec</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>0x02a19040</string>
				<key>Description</key>
				<string>Line in</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>16</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Codec</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>0x01813030</string>
				<key>Description</key>
				<string>Mic</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>17</integer>
			</dict>

Strange strange sound card is X-Fi extreme audio, it has 4 analog outputs on back, one analog input combined with mic input on back too, two optical SPDIFs i/o on back and on card inside PC as manual said has front panel connectors with headphones and mic.

Any help required. Plaese=)

I am using VoodooHDA for my on-board Realtek ALC883 sound card (it's on a nforce 650i sli chipset, Asus P5N-E SLI main board). It's working, but the sound quality is quite poor. If I only listen to music, it works fine, but if I do other things at the same time, I get sound interruptions and under-runs. Also, in audio software, the feedback is bad, with occasional sound interruptions, clicks and cracks, etc. Not to mention that I don't have 5.1, only stereo, and the microphone is not working at all. Strangely, if I play videos, everything's ok. So I was wondering, is there any other kext better than VoodooHDA that I can use? I already tried with a ALC883 kext I found somewhere, it doesn't work at all, the sound card is not detected.

Thanks. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
When i install voodooHDA i get this annoying hard noise out of my speakers what can bet stopped (only by muting the speakers) I have it on evry port on my laptop (build in and jack). i also made a video:

Disable Mic? In VoodooHDA PerfPane.

• 5 weeks later...

i am having gigabyte ud3lr mobo with alc888 sound. i can say have a good hearing, and all the drivers i tried sound {censored}. AppleHDA.kext with DSDT patch, very low sound. internal speaker output- creeping low sound. line out -somewhat higher, still very low on maximum settings. headphone output - somewhat higher again, but distorted and fcked up sound (stupid apple added eq, dsp, stereo fx and there is no way to turn off) unusable for my powered speakers. now i did try voodoohda. line out - i would say about 5% higher volume compared, {censored} low again, unusable. headphone output a bit higher, but still NOT ENOUGH. i set everything to max, and it has a distorted sound, and sounds in volume about 30% of the windows driver. this is so dissapointing to me :(

there must be an amplifier which is turned off, thats the only explanation. my small ipod gives more volume to my powered speakers ! :(

update:

problem solved meantime. it was not the driver. the cause was a paralell connection in the speakers which sucked down amplifying power :|

Ein Hallo an Alle.

Ist mein erstes Posting hier, und gleich mal ne Frage:

Hab ein Belinea o.book3 auch mit dem leckeren Apfel.

Geht auch Alles (Sound Realtek 883) bis aufs Micro - trotz VoodooHDA.

Könntet ihr mir bitte helfen das MIC in Gang zu bringen ?

Hab schon viele .kexte durch , aber obriges läuft am besten.

Im Input-Mix kann ich auch ins Micro sprechen, hör mich in den integrierten Lautsprecher - aber kein Pegelausschlag - uvA kein Skype.thumbdown.gif

Kann mit jemand helfen ?

O.K.

Now for all in a langeuage, that i called english ;)

A Hello to All.

Is my first post here, and the same time one question:

Have a Belinea o.book3 tasty with the apple 10.5.8 .

Everything goes well (Sound Realtek 883), still the micro not working - Driver = VoodooHDA.

Could you please help me, to bring the MIC into play?

Have been many kext. Through, but magistrate works best.

The input-mix, I can also speak into the micro, listen to me in the integrated speakers - but no rash level.

I want to use Skype, but no chance.

Can enyone help me ?

Please

Chipset

Model : ECS Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 Express Processor to DRAM Controller

-

Audio Device : ECS 82801H (ICH8) HD Audio Controller

Audio Codec : Realtek Semiconductor 883 High Definition Audio

bild2am.png

Hello,

I recently installed VoodooHDA kext and now my machine kernel panics on boot - I have no idea how to fix this or to reverse the installation without getting past the boot screen.

I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P with Intel processor. If someone could please help me at least just reverse the VoodooHDA install so that I can use my machine again I will be greatly appreciative.

If someone could please give me a hand with this, I need to be able to access this computer all of my work projects are on it - I was only trying to get my microphone to work properly with my hackintosh installation.

I appreciate any help, if someone could go on AIM my SN is "gmh" or skype "iamprod" - Thanks this is very urgent please!

Hello,

I recently installed VoodooHDA kext and now my machine kernel panics on boot - I have no idea how to fix this or to reverse the installation without getting past the boot screen.

I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P with Intel processor. If someone could please help me at least just reverse the VoodooHDA install so that I can use my machine again I will be greatly appreciative.

If someone could please give me a hand with this, I need to be able to access this computer all of my work projects are on it - I was only trying to get my microphone to work properly with my hackintosh installation.

I appreciate any help, if someone could go on AIM my SN is "gmh" or skype "iamprod" - Thanks this is very urgent please!

I was actually able to get this fixed - Am still curious on how I can get my microphone input to work - also with my replacement AppleHDA.kext - only my USB logitech headphones are working. Anyone got any ideas on that?