• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

bluedevil_0207

bluedevil_0207

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The applehda.kext worked on my hp 6510b(ideneb v1.3 10.5.5). thanks a lot but I have 2 new problems:

1.)I don't have a battery icon.
2.)My wi-fi doesn't work.

Can somebody help me pls?

MMike.

MMike.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I installed the MAC OSx iATKOS 10.5.7 and voodooHDA then followed the instroductions but finally i can't hear any thing from my PC. Plz Help me :D

Piolo

Piolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

1. Download and install Xcode 3.1.2 if not already installed and download the VoodooHDA read-only source using Terminal:

sudo svn checkout http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ voodoohda-read-only

which will generate a file list:
and the "voodoohda-read-only" folder in /Users/"Logged-In User"/.....

2. In Terminal type

cd /Users/"Logged-In User"/voodoohda-read-only
 sudo su

3. At sh-3.2# prompt, type
./helper.sh build

In
the "voodoohda-read-only" folder, there will now be a "build" folder containing a "Debug" and "VoodooHDA.build" folder.......inside the"Debug" folder is the compiled VoodooHDA.kext.....

4. In Terminal, rename AppleHDA......and AppleAzaliaAudio.kext too if present.....

cd /System/Library/Extensions/
   sudo mv AppleHDA.kext AppleHDA.kext.back
   exit

5. Use Kext Helper b7 to install the now
compiled VoodooHDA.kext OR my already compiled VoodooHDA.kext....

6. Reboot with -v -f......You should hopefully hear an audio "crackle" during booting...... :)

UPDATE: Download VoodooHDA v0.2.2......
[/font][/size]

it's working for me!!...
My system: HP 6720s, Celeron, Kalyway 10.5.1, updated to 10.5.2 through apple combo update.
no chance to check mic yet, but I'll tell you when I do. :)

Nick14

Nick14

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
is the ADI1980 supported ? becouse the kext doesn't load

JayTay

JayTay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I sure wish I would've ticked the box to use Voodoo when I did my install of 10.5.7. Instead, I ended up wasting a lot of time trying to get my Realtek ALC888 to work by fooling around with far too many AppleHDA kext files. None of them or the other solutions worked until I installed the Voodoo drivers. Now, I finally have audio.

Thanks to who ever developed them. Cheers.

SnefeRu

SnefeRu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Works great on my DP35DP motherboard. Input/Output everything, finally i can use my mic -) Thank you VoodooTeam!
*BUT*
I have very low volume... Volume bar is full and i am hardly hearing? I was using AppleHDA and sound (output) was perfect but mic isnt work...

Feel i am lucky or is there a solution? -)

Thanks again...

ps. English isnt my native lang. Sorry...

EDIT-- I installed HDAEnabler.kext and sound works fine now... I think i missed something cause i figure out System Preferences -> Sound -> Output -> Analog PCM #0: PCM work great now...

groppymac

groppymac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I installed VoodooHDA 0.2.2 on an ASUS K70IO with an ALC269 sound works but only with really bad quality.
If I get a sound only with a strange noise too.
Tried installing it within the installation and also installing the kext with kexthelper, always the same result.
Does anybody know how to solve this?
Help would be great because this is the only thing thats missing to get a fully working os x.
Thanks in advance!

Lima92

Lima92

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks a lot! Works with my HP dv6840 integrated Intel HD Audio ;) The integrated mic doesn´t work though. But I dont care, i have a usb headset :rolleyes:

anarkien

anarkien

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I´ve tried it, but I only get these errors:
Posted Image

Posted Image

blue_francis14

blue_francis14

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello,

I wanted to share my experience on my MSI GX600 laptop running on iDeneb 1.5.7.

The VoodooHDA works but like others said that the mic isn't working. I have come to accept that in order for the mic and the built in speaker to work, I have to download a file on this thread. I use ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip to enable my mic and headphone out, if I want to use the speaker, I just install VoodooHDA.kext. Then delete it again. It's tedious but I can live with that.

Also, FYI, sleep, shutdown, wifi don't work. Installed iDeneb and unable too boot from vista. Had to enable the vista partition using partition software. It's included in the Hiren Boot CD.

If there's an easy way of removing a Kext without having to use terminal, I'd appreciate if you share your experience with it. Thanks in advance

Jimmy Mallmann

Jimmy Mallmann

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
Hi, AD1988b Works Fine With your Extreme Patched Version, but it is necessary to configure the "monitor" to at least 10% at the VoodooHDA.prefPane to have Mic work fine, if not it takes a while to the sound to be recognized, software like Rosetta Stone needs that.

FALYA

FALYA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

5. Use Kext Helper b7 to install the now
compiled VoodooHDA.kext OR my already compiled VoodooHDA.kext....

6. Reboot with -v -f......You should hopefully hear an audio "crackle" during booting...... :)

UPDATE: Download VoodooHDA v0.2.2......

thax man u r the best :guitar: i used the already compiled one and Kext helper only,and it works great :thumbsup_anim:

Brewers

Brewers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Hi, AD1988b Works Fine With your Extreme Patched Version, but it is necessary to configure the "monitor" to at least 10% at the VoodooHDA.prefPane to have Mic work fine, if not it takes a while to the sound to be recognized, software like Rosetta Stone needs that.

Hi,

where do I get the patched version? I have an Asus P5B-E Plus, which uses the same sound chip.

Thanks!

AndreaGalileo

AndreaGalileo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Hi,

where do I get the patched version? I have an Asus P5B-E Plus, which uses the same sound chip.

Thanks!

I have a P5B and VoodooHDA doesn't load into the 64bit SL kernel. The kext is located in /S/L/E. Is VoodooHDA 32bit only? Do I have to delete AppleHDA in order to get it to work? Thanks.

relikwie

relikwie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
anyone has the latest release as a compiled binary?

Thanks!

washingtonmike

washingtonmike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Excellent work. My U123-001 now has full audio and I appreciate it very much. Thanks, Michael

Subby

Subby

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
hi, i have tried many voodooHDA (currently on VoodooHDA-0.2.2-042109 )

most of them work but all give me distorted sound after sleep,

if i unload the kext then reload it, OSX see's on audio device

is there any way around me having to reboot to get sound back to normal after sleep?

searching google i found a post about the distorted sound after sleep fix in voodooHDA.kext but could not find the kext

any tips? links? please!

;)

EDIT: Voodoo 0.5.7 kernel OSX 10.5.8 Toshiba Equium A100

Thanks

Tim0288

Tim0288

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

hi, i have tried many voodooHDA (currently on VoodooHDA-0.2.2-042109 )

most of them work but all give me distorted sound after sleep,

if i unload the kext then reload it, OSX see's on audio device

is there any way around me having to reboot to get sound back to normal after sleep?

searching google i found a post about the distorted sound after sleep fix in voodooHDA.kext but could not find the kext

any tips? links? please!

:(

EDIT: Voodoo 0.5.7 kernel OSX 10.5.8 Toshiba Equium A100

Thanks

Same issue with voodoohda alc268

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks you

phoenix789

phoenix789

InsanelyGeek!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
hi, i'm sorry, this might be a stupid question but how can i use getdump application to get my codec dump? I've just put it in a terminal and all i've got is:

$ /Users/intrepid/Downloads/VoodooHDA-0.2.2/getdump
Found a device of class VoodooHDADevice: IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/AZAL@1B/VoodooHDADevice

$

so where is my dump.txt?

i'm sorry if this is "so obvious" but not for me.

please help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy