Darwine x86 and FreeType

3 posts in this topic

I have searched this forum and scoured the internet for answers. I continuously get need to install freetype error. I have tried compiling it; the gcc compiler that comes on the Tiger recovery discs doesn't work. I reread the instruction for 10.4.5 unfortunately I have 10.4.6 now so I am unsure if this makes any difference. I have familiarity with linux shells and installs, but I spent 14+ hours hacking this thing to get it to work. I need to see if I can get office 2003 or xp to work on the Mac Mini Core Duo for migration from windows to mac easier for my mom. Any help would be greatly appreciated; if not then give me some other options that will allow her to share files between mac and windows in a virtualized environment. BTW I am strapped for cash as I bought the second to top of the line prebuilt mini with 3yr warrenty; so purchasing power for virtualization is nill.

I have searched this forum and scoured the internet for answers. I continuously get need to install freetype error. I have tried compiling it; the gcc compiler that comes on the Tiger recovery discs doesn't work. I reread the instruction for 10.4.5 unfortunately I have 10.4.6 now so I am unsure if this makes any difference. I have familiarity with linux shells and installs, but I spent 14+ hours hacking this thing to get it to work. I need to see if I can get office 2003 or xp to work on the Mac Mini Core Duo for migration from windows to mac easier for my mom. Any help would be greatly appreciated; if not then give me some other options that will allow her to share files between mac and windows in a virtualized environment. BTW I am strapped for cash as I bought the second to top of the line prebuilt mini with 3yr warrenty; so purchasing power for virtualization is nill.

If the main problem is Office, why don't you simply install Office:Mac 2004 and be done with it?