VoodooPS2Controller

thestevo

56 posts in this topic

Works well for me with only one small issue. I have a plain old IBM PS2 keyboard - no international anything. The key to the left of the "1" should produce a tilde or a back-tick. However, since I installed the VoodooPS2controller it produces these two characters § ±.

I have tried to locate a .keylayout file that would correct this but no joy. If anyone else has this problem and knows how to correct it I would sure appreciate some pointers.

Ukulele !!!

That should solve your issue.

For me I'd like to have the F12 eject back, and the ability to have a slower double click (I miss it 1 time over 4).

Otherwise… I have two finger scrolling !!! Yahoo !!! Thanx !!!

Thanks for the reply. I got a copy of Ukulele and tried it.

No joy. If I define the keyboard as PS/2, which it is, the key to the left of the "1" is not recognized at all. It's just dead. All the other keyboard definitions have more keys than are actually on my keyboard, but that key is active.

Also, I never found a way that Ukulele would let me redefine the value returned by an individual key.

Update: My bad. I didn't look close enough and gave up too soon. I went back and tried again and found out how to swap two keys code sets. Now my keyboard is back to normal. Many thanks for the push in the right direction.

And what happen if you just use the LogitechUSIntl.keylayout (shipped with Ukulele) ?

I actually use the Logitech French layout, I don't even have to open Ukulele, just copy the the layout in your library and select it in the input menu.

And what happen if you just use the LogitechUSIntl.keylayout (shipped with Ukulele) ?

I actually use the Logitech French layout, I don't even have to open Ukulele, just copy the the layout in your library and select it in the input menu.

Actually, it does not work as well. It uses a "Dead Key" remapping and the observed results were stickey. i.e., when I pressed the key I got the back-tick and then holding the shift key I got the back-tick again and not the tilde. If I kept holding the shift key and pressed the key a few more times it would begin to provide the tilde. Then I released the shift key and still got the tilde.

The default mapping display provided by Ukulele had the back-tick/tilde codes mapped to a key not physically present on my keyboard. The mapping I got by swapping that key with the codes from the key left of the "1" works and does not have the sticky behavior I found in the LogitecuUSIntl mapping.

OMG OMG!

Can't believe this... been waiting for 2 years... it works perfectly on acer travelmate 2490 and synaptics. I actually don't like two finger scroll. Right one finger scroll works perfectly, draging was a {censored}, but when i modified double click time it works nice.

I have synaptics with 6 buttons left+right and for for moving up-down and left right.

I miss corner buttons and this cursor buttons...

Nice job. THNX

Yeah, I miss double-click sometimes too.

Is this editable from the VoodooPS2Controller prefpanel?

It is in original trackpad prefpane. Double click time.

Of course, but if you set a little bit too long double click time, single click doesn't work anymore, it behaves as a long single click (or ctrl-click or right click). And this is annoying.

For those mourning about F12 eject: Try Controllermate, i hate F12 eject and so took this app and changed F12 to F12 and my unused print-button goes to eject (listet as F13 there), seems way nicer to me :wacko: ((Everything done with the old PS2 kexts, but dont know why it shouldn't work here too, since it has nothing to do with the kext itself))

Controllermate works better than Ukelele (for this usage ofc), because it takes the keytrokes BEFORE the OS and so it's possible to remap keys like eject, which seems not to be possible with ukelele.

Ohh, yes, this is a great kext. Got the true 2-finger working, getting rid of FFscroll, and even choice between 2-finger and normal scrolling. I love this kext so much. Besides, my computer start being full with Voodoo : VoodooPower, VoodooBattery, VoodooKernel, VoodooPS2 :)

For those mourning about F12 eject: Try Controllermate, i hate F12 eject and so took this app and changed F12 to F12 and my unused print-button goes to eject (listet as F13 there), seems way nicer to me -_- ((Everything done with the old PS2 kexts, but dont know why it shouldn't work here too, since it has nothing to do with the kext itself))

Controllermate works better than Ukelele (for this usage ofc), because it takes the keytrokes BEFORE the OS and so it's possible to remap keys like eject, which seems not to be possible with ukelele.

ControllerMate isn't free, I'd be ok if you have a freeware that does the same, I don't want to pay for something that should be done for free, as part of the OS (the F12/eject has been inmplemented since 10.1 for compatibility with third party keyboards).

Of course, but if you set a little bit too long double click time, single click doesn't work anymore, it behaves as a long single click (or ctrl-click or right click). And this is annoying.

Yep! That's the problem there! I've to set double-click time to the maximum in apple prefpanel to have single click to work. Im getting use to "super fast" double-click to avoid this but sometimes it's innevitable and I miss it.

But it works really really well so far. Better that FFscroll or whatever other solutions I tried.

Works for me well, but I have a mouse with two scrolls(for horizontal and vertical scrolling). Unfortunally both scrolls makes vertical scrolling. I would glad to get working horizontal and vertical scrolling. Is it possible to get it with its driver? If answer is YES, what I have to do?

PS: mouse and keyboard are PS2

You need Leopard, and to remove all PS2 related kexts (ACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, and check inside AppleACPIPlatform PlugIns)

Leopard, as in any version of 10.5.x? I'm on 10.5.5, not on the latest 10.5.6.

Merci !

• 2 weeks later...
VoodooPS2Keyboard update. I need you to test it,please. :)

more information

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,304.0.html

Testing out your latest version. Everything seems to be working the same with an added bonus of media keys support and F12/Eject (allows me to finally ditch Butler for my media keys on my Inspiron 1318). Thanks.