• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

whois

whois

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
installed, removed all 'old' kexts, rebooted .... and works ;)
from systemlog i can see it loads Synaptics trackpad:
Apr 14 08:35:07 XXX kernel[0]: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad loaded
Apr 14 08:35:07 XXX kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad: Synaptics TouchPad v6.5
but multi finger scroll doesn't work, just the side scroll...
could be enabled the multi finger scroll for synaptics? if so how can enable it?
(the option in trackpad pref is already selected)
thanks for your work!

ps: this on MSI Wind U100

SaCleoCheater

SaCleoCheater

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Macs, GTA, TV, Tech, Humor
Noticed a few issues with the trackpad.

1. Mouse seems to jump about where it wants to, when set on high speed.
2. Sometimes the mouse will become irresponsive when you press the left mouse button.
3. 2 Finger scrolling sometimes crashes the .app (like Safari).

elclanrs

elclanrs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I works good, better than FFscroll solution.
But I've a problem also commented before, when I enable dragging clicking becomes really unresponsive, sometimes it does double-click, and sometimes it does right-click...

Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

elclanrs

elclanrs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
It Works great now!

Thx to this post http://forum.voodoop...topic,77.0.html and makerintel reply.

Now, I've an almost fully funtional MacOSX, next thing card-readers...

ivik

ivik

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
OMG OMG!

Can't believe this... been waiting for 2 years... it works perfectly on acer travelmate 2490 and synaptics. I actually don't like two finger scroll. Right one finger scroll works perfectly, draging was a {censored}, but when i modified double click time it works nice.

I have synaptics with 6 buttons left+right and for for moving up-down and left right.
I miss corner buttons and this cursor buttons...

Nice job. THNX

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts
Works well for me with only one small issue. I have a plain old IBM PS2 keyboard - no international anything. The key to the left of the "1" should produce a tilde or a back-tick. However, since I installed the VoodooPS2controller it produces these two characters .

I have tried to locate a .keylayout file that would correct this but no joy. If anyone else has this problem and knows how to correct it I would sure appreciate some pointers.

lebidou

lebidou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Ukulele !!!

That should solve your issue.

For me I'd like to have the F12 eject back, and the ability to have a slower double click (I miss it 1 time over 4).

Otherwise I have two finger scrolling !!! Yahoo !!! Thanx !!!

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts

Ukulele !!!

That should solve your issue.

For me I'd like to have the F12 eject back, and the ability to have a slower double click (I miss it 1 time over 4).

Otherwise… I have two finger scrolling !!! Yahoo !!! Thanx !!!

Thanks for the reply. I got a copy of Ukulele and tried it.

No joy. If I define the keyboard as PS/2, which it is, the key to the left of the "1" is not recognized at all. It's just dead. All the other keyboard definitions have more keys than are actually on my keyboard, but that key is active.

Also, I never found a way that Ukulele would let me redefine the value returned by an individual key.

Update: My bad. I didn't look close enough and gave up too soon. I went back and tried again and found out how to swap two keys code sets. Now my keyboard is back to normal. Many thanks for the push in the right direction.

lebidou

lebidou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
And what happen if you just use the LogitechUSIntl.keylayout (shipped with Ukulele) ?
I actually use the Logitech French layout, I don't even have to open Ukulele, just copy the the layout in your library and select it in the input menu.

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts

And what happen if you just use the LogitechUSIntl.keylayout (shipped with Ukulele) ?
I actually use the Logitech French layout, I don't even have to open Ukulele, just copy the the layout in your library and select it in the input menu.

Actually, it does not work as well. It uses a "Dead Key" remapping and the observed results were stickey. i.e., when I pressed the key I got the back-tick and then holding the shift key I got the back-tick again and not the tilde. If I kept holding the shift key and pressed the key a few more times it would begin to provide the tilde. Then I released the shift key and still got the tilde.

The default mapping display provided by Ukulele had the back-tick/tilde codes mapped to a key not physically present on my keyboard. The mapping I got by swapping that key with the codes from the key left of the "1" works and does not have the sticky behavior I found in the LogitecuUSIntl mapping.

elclanrs

elclanrs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

OMG OMG!

Can't believe this... been waiting for 2 years... it works perfectly on acer travelmate 2490 and synaptics. I actually don't like two finger scroll. Right one finger scroll works perfectly, draging was a {censored}, but when i modified double click time it works nice.

I have synaptics with 6 buttons left+right and for for moving up-down and left right.
I miss corner buttons and this cursor buttons...

Nice job. THNX

Yeah, I miss double-click sometimes too.
Is this editable from the VoodooPS2Controller prefpanel?

ivik

ivik

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Yeah, I miss double-click sometimes too.
Is this editable from the VoodooPS2Controller prefpanel?

It is in original trackpad prefpane. Double click time.

lebidou

lebidou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

It is in original trackpad prefpane. Double click time.

Of course, but if you set a little bit too long double click time, single click doesn't work anymore, it behaves as a long single click (or ctrl-click or right click). And this is annoying.

Aranius

Aranius

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
For those mourning about F12 eject: Try Controllermate, i hate F12 eject and so took this app and changed F12 to F12 and my unused print-button goes to eject (listet as F13 there), seems way nicer to me :wacko: ((Everything done with the old PS2 kexts, but dont know why it shouldn't work here too, since it has nothing to do with the kext itself))

Controllermate works better than Ukelele (for this usage ofc), because it takes the keytrokes BEFORE the OS and so it's possible to remap keys like eject, which seems not to be possible with ukelele.

Olotiar

Olotiar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Ohh, yes, this is a great kext. Got the true 2-finger working, getting rid of FFscroll, and even choice between 2-finger and normal scrolling. I love this kext so much. Besides, my computer start being full with Voodoo : VoodooPower, VoodooBattery, VoodooKernel, VoodooPS2 :)

lebidou

lebidou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

For those mourning about F12 eject: Try Controllermate, i hate F12 eject and so took this app and changed F12 to F12 and my unused print-button goes to eject (listet as F13 there), seems way nicer to me -_- ((Everything done with the old PS2 kexts, but dont know why it shouldn't work here too, since it has nothing to do with the kext itself))

Controllermate works better than Ukelele (for this usage ofc), because it takes the keytrokes BEFORE the OS and so it's possible to remap keys like eject, which seems not to be possible with ukelele.

ControllerMate isn't free, I'd be ok if you have a freeware that does the same, I don't want to pay for something that should be done for free, as part of the OS (the F12/eject has been inmplemented since 10.1 for compatibility with third party keyboards).

Aranius

Aranius

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
It is free, if you only map 10 keys, since this are only 2/1 there isn't a problem with that.

elclanrs

elclanrs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Of course, but if you set a little bit too long double click time, single click doesn't work anymore, it behaves as a long single click (or ctrl-click or right click). And this is annoying.

Yep! That's the problem there! I've to set double-click time to the maximum in apple prefpanel to have single click to work. Im getting use to "super fast" double-click to avoid this but sometimes it's innevitable and I miss it.

But it works really really well so far. Better that FFscroll or whatever other solutions I tried.

ExExibit

ExExibit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Works for me well, but I have a mouse with two scrolls(for horizontal and vertical scrolling). Unfortunally both scrolls makes vertical scrolling. I would glad to get working horizontal and vertical scrolling. Is it possible to get it with its driver? If answer is YES, what I have to do?

PS: mouse and keyboard are PS2

pierrox

pierrox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
What are the system requirements? I'm still on 10.5.5, on a MSi Wind, and it's a MSIWINDOSX.iso installation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy