Portable Corei7 Build for Musicians and Video

1 post in this topic

I posted a while ago, basically i want to build a core i7 build using mATX DFI Lan party X58 Mobo. I have read some where that some one used this for their hackintosh using Digital-dreamers build. If any of the experts out there can give some comments on this build and let me know wether there are any red lights before i order my parts. This is going to be overclocked to maybe 3.5Ghz in a small Thermaltake Lanbox!! That's gotta be a pretty good build right? The PSU has to be taken out and the fan direction has to be reversed so that it is blowing down to the MOBO so that i won't fight the air flow of the heatsink fan. I'm using a Modular PSU so wiring will be a little easier in this small Box. The wireless card according to this forum works OOB.I also want to ask which is the easiest high performance graphic card to install gfore 9600 gt or ati 3870? any other suggestions? I plan to install using bootloader 132 method. here are the parts.

CASE:Thermaltake Lanbox

CPU:Intel Core i7 Nehalem 2.66Ghz

MOBO:Dfi Lanparty Jr x58-t3h6 lga 1366 mATX

RAM:2xCorsair XMS3 (3x2Gb) 240 Pin ddr3 sdram

HeatSInk:Thermaltake Axp 140

HeatSinkFan:Aerocool Silver Lightning 140mm Silent Fan

PSU:ENERMAX INFINITY EIN720AWT 720W ATX12V

ThermalCompound:Artic Silver Thermal Compound

LCD Touchscreen embedded:Thermaltake A2413 Lcd Monitor 7 Inch

HD:2XSeagate Baracuda 7200Rpm 32Mb Cache 3Gb/s 1TB SATA

Wireless:Asus WL-138g V2 IEEE 802.11b/g PCI

GFXMSI RX3870X2-T2D1G OC Radeon HD 3870 X2 1GB 512-bit (256-bit x 2) GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

PLs Let me know for better suggestions if any. For musicians out there, with the embedded touch screen and the handle bar on the CPU u wouldn't need to bring a monitor. Actually i have figured out a way to use my iphone as a screen for the computer and u can change ur keyboard patches with ur iphone touchscreen while on a live gig!! email or pm me if you want more info about that. I know sound card doesn't work but i plan to use a external firewire apogee duet sound card for live gigs and RME fireface 400 for studio work at home. Total cost for this build came up to $1672. Same specs on Apple store for a mac pro is $5-6k!!! Also let me know wether 720 watts will be enough. thanks