Installing Hackintosh on HP Touchsmart tx2-1020us

18 posts in this topic

Hello One and all,

Okay I have finally got Leopard running almost perfectly on my tablet (the only issue being the ATI Radeon 3200HD which if anyone knows how to at least get the native screen res plz tell me)

Okay the steps I took were the following:

1. Get an iDeneb 10.5.5 install disk

2. Partition the space that you wish to use for OS X.

3. The options I used for customizing my install are as follows:

>9.4.0 StageXNU (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

>AppleSMBIOS-27-800 (I chose this for my RAM, might be different for yours look in the system profiler)

>AMD Patch (Assuming that you have an AMD processor here)

>>I am not sure if there was an option for it or if it was by default but make sure that you have selected the Chameleon Bootloader, this is VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

Okay do not select anything for video, Ethernet, wireless, or audio. you can pick whether or not you want the Applications that come bundled with it, it is your choice.

After the install you should be able to successfully boot into Leopard.

The Next thing to do is to update your hackintosh to 10.5.6 which is simple:

do a google search for "ideneb 10.5.6 rev 1" it should be the first link that comes up. Download the disk image and mount it, now you have one of 2 options:

1. you can run the update and then the second package or

2. Vice Versa

The Point is YOU MUST RUN BOTH! (When one says restart ignore it and run the other, afterwards then restart).

After that reboot and then make sure that you are still able to boot back into OSX86.

The next step is to get your wifi working.

Wi-Fi:

I got full Wifi working by downloading the script from this post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51725

Make sure that you have downloaded the latest Airport updates before hand!!! I will attach the script at the bottom of the post.

Sound (with full HD support)

Okay this one is a bit complicated so if I fail to explain it correctly, please tell me and I will do the best I can.

First download this file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/183080362/ALC268FIX.zip

1.Run ALC268Installer.

2.Before Restarting delete /System/Library/Extensions/ALCInject.kext

3.Use Kext Helper b7 to install HDAEnabler.kext

4.Fix Permissions with Disk Utility

5.Restart and make sure that Internal Speakers is selected in Audio Settings

6. Then run HDA Fix v3 (Riavvia in seguito means Restart later, Riavvia means Restart now)

7. Click Restart Later

8.Repair permissions with Disk Utility

9.Restart

10.Bootup and sound and shutdown should work.

The only downside is that autodetect (for headphones etc.) does not work, if anyone can get that working please speak.

Ethernet should work out of the box.

Anyways this is how I got it to work on my Tablet, touch works, but sadly the calibration is off the further away you get from the center of the screen.

If I remember anything else I will add it to this post.

• 2 months later...

hi first of all thanks for you post!! i see from the date of your post that u should have months with the LEopard installed,.. so far how is it? is it running smooth? =)

the post was great although I am still kinda of confused.. I got a tx2z touchsmart laptop and i like it! I would like to install LEOPARD on it too... ;)

>AppleSMBIOS-27-800 (I chose this for my RAM, might be different for yours look in the system profiler)
   >>I am not sure if there was an option for it or if it was by default but make sure that
you have selected the Chameleon Bootloader, this is VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

In the third step I get confused, you say "the options I used for customizing my install are as follows"

but my question is: in what moment do i have to select the options?, is it before burning the ISO CD or that after runnin the CD and during the installation process

please help me... :) THANKS !!

my laptop has this specs:

– Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

– AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-84 (2.3GHz, 3.6 GT's Bus Speed)

– FREE Upgrade to 4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm) from 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

– FREE Upgrade to 320GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive from 160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

– ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics with 64MB Display Cache Memory

– 12.1" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen (1280x800)w/Integrated Touch-screen

– LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support

– Webcam + Fingerprint Reader with HP Imprint Finish (Reaction)

– Wireless-G Card with Bluetooth

hi first of all thanks for you post!! i see from the date of your post that u should have months with the LEopard installed,.. so far how is it? is it running smooth? =)

the post was great although I am still kinda of confused.. I got a tx2z touchsmart laptop and i like it! I would like to install LEOPARD on it too... :P

>>I am not sure if there was an option for it or if it was by default but make sure that
you have selected the Chameleon Bootloader, this is VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

In the third step I get confused, you say "the options I used for customizing my install are as follows"

but my question is: in what moment do i have to select the options?, is it before burning the ISO CD or that after runnin the CD and during the installation process

please help me... ;) THANKS !!

That is during the install process, click 'customise'

yay! i installed everything with no problems. wifi working. im fixing sound right now..

i couldnt find the update for the ideneb 10.5.6 ...

is it okay if i stay in 10.5.5???

is it safe to upgrade??

EDIT: =( the sound still doesnt work.... (maybe cuz i am still on 10.5.5?) well the earphones kinda work, it's like interrupted ,, not really smooth..

helpp... plz

EDIT 2: i couldnt update so i installed fresh install of 10.5.6 and now SOUND WORKS!! cool. this fix works for this version only i think. Wifi working. Bluetooth worked out of the box. Im having problems with the clock though. when i change to Windows Vista the clock displays a different time that what it actually is. weird.. i can live with it though..

I STILL NEED HELP WITH THE GRAPHICS ATI HD 3200 cuz Photobooth and iMovie dont work...

it says Quartz extreme not supported.

anyone knows how to fix this?

;)

• 2 months later...
yay! i installed everything with no problems. wifi working. im fixing sound right now..

i couldnt find the update for the ideneb 10.5.6 ...

is it okay if i stay in 10.5.5???

is it safe to upgrade??

EDIT: =( the sound still doesnt work.... (maybe cuz i am still on 10.5.5?) well the earphones kinda work, it's like interrupted ,, not really smooth..

helpp... plz

EDIT 2: i couldnt update so i installed fresh install of 10.5.6 and now SOUND WORKS!! cool. this fix works for this version only i think. Wifi working. Bluetooth worked out of the box. Im having problems with the clock though. when i change to Windows Vista the clock displays a different time that what it actually is. weird.. i can live with it though..

I STILL NEED HELP WITH THE GRAPHICS ATI HD 3200 cuz Photobooth and iMovie dont work...

it says Quartz extreme not supported.

anyone knows how to fix this?

:)

I dont think you can there just isnt a kext for it and some think there wont ever be. Im with you tho it would be nice to have it at least at the 1280x800 resolution. lol

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have similar mileage.

I started with iDeneb 10.5.6, then Software Update to pick up with Airport fixes.

Without running the brcm scripts on the forum, my 4328 was working!

I then downloaded the iDeneb 10.5.8 combo update, but somehow the the Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel failed to boot afterwards.

So I popped in the iDeneb 10.5.8 Lite DVD and upgraded the kernel to 9.8.0 Qoopz.

Missing items

- Video 1024x768 only

- Skype crashes as soon as the connection is made.

The webcam worked right after I installed 10.5.6. iDeneb took a pic of me during initial config.

But image Capture failed to detect it anymore. :-(

cheers,

PJ.

Hi guys,

I have similar mileage.

I started with iDeneb 10.5.6, then Software Update to pick up with Airport fixes.

Without running the brcm scripts on the forum, my 4328 was working!

I then downloaded the iDeneb 10.5.8 combo update, but somehow the the Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel failed to boot afterwards.

So I popped in the iDeneb 10.5.8 Lite DVD and upgraded the kernel to 9.8.0 Qoopz.

Missing items

- Video 1024x768 only

- Skype crashes as soon as the connection is made.

The webcam worked right after I installed 10.5.6. iDeneb took a pic of me during initial config.

But image Capture failed to detect it anymore. :-(

cheers,

PJ.

Hey guys test out Snow Leopard, it should work, use the new qoopz kernel for your AMD proccsr

Hey guys test out Snow Leopard, it should work, use the new qoopz kernel for your AMD proccsr

hi.. well... i installed windows 7 on my Mac Partiiton, now i miss my mac partition =(.. so im gonna install it again.. do you guys know which is the most recent distro to install? i used to go with iDeneb. but now i dunno which one to use, i want snowleopard :)... is there any fix for the Radeon 3200 ?

hi.. well... i installed windows 7 on my Mac Partiiton, now i miss my mac partition =(.. so im gonna install it again.. do you guys know which is the most recent distro to install? i used to go with iDeneb. but now i dunno which one to use, i want snowleopard :D... is there any fix for the Radeon 3200 ?

There will never be ATI R 3XXX support. Just give up and get a 8800gt for $50 from ebay.

Sell you old card for $20 and you now have a $30 8800gt.

There will never be ATI R 3XXX support. Just give up and get a 8800gt for $50 from ebay.

Sell you old card for $20 and you now have a $30 8800gt.

Actually, there is support for the DESKTOP card, but not for the laptop version of said card. And as easy as it may sound to replace the video card, the computer they have been talking about is a laptop, not a desktop, therefore it's attached to the motherboard, not a separate card.

As for getting the touchscreen to work: The actual touch sensors on the laptop work perfectly with Leopard (no need for calibration), however, because the resolution of the screen is set wrong, when it tries to go to pixel (x,y) that location is different from what you see because of the stretched resolution.

In essence, if and when there is a fix for the resolution, the touchscreen issue will be fixed as well.

Hello to everyone!

I am also the owner of a tx2 laptop.

A very good news for all: the latest RadeonHD driver from this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190586 offers widescreen resolution (1280x800) for our laptops. Unfortunately QE/CI isn't enabled.

Thank you very much Dong for your eforts and I hope that in time we will also get QE/CI :D

I've successfully installed Leopard from iDeneb 1.3 and Snow Leopard (with qoopz AMD patched kernel) on it. The best result I got until now is with iDeneb 1.3 ... Snow Leopard is very sluggish.

So:

- working: audio, ethernet, wireless, widescreen resolution, touchscreen works (partial)

- not working: QE/CI, touchscreen calibration (touchscreen is still off with a couple of centimeters even with 1280x800 resolution and the difference is more obvious as you get to the margins of the screen)

The touchscreen should be easy to fix and I'll try to do that if I manage to recompile IOHIDFamily kext from the apple open source site (unfortunately there are a lot of headers missing).

Awesome can't wait till mine comes in so i can try it out. but is there any way to get this to work with snow leopard? this would be greatly appreciated.

Also since its a tablet I was wondering if there was any way to hook it up with a bluetooth laser keyboard and just use that and the touchscreen (with snow leopard)? http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/8193/ (is there a way to remove the keyboard and just use the laser one and maybe a driver for it)

Awesome can't wait till mine comes in so i can try it out. but is there any way to get this to work with snow leopard? this would be greatly appreciated.

Also since its a tablet I was wondering if there was any way to hook it up with a bluetooth laser keyboard and just use that and the touchscreen (with snow leopard)? http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/8193/ (is there a way to remove the keyboard and just use the laser one and maybe a driver for it)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello I've been trying to install iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8 Lite Edition on my Tx2z and so far it has failed. I used a DVD+R disk burned it with cdburnerxp I do not know how to change the md5 and I burned it so far it was sucessful booting the disk. I go to the installation process also for partition I made it a unformatted raw partition and then in the setup I went to the empty partition did the erase but did not know how to MBR and was afraid I might erase the whole entire hard drive. I also installed the required drivers and after that the installation came successful after I restart it goes to a blank boot screen with no options so I have to do system recovery but strangely it fails but exiting it logs me back to windows 7. So I am now here but pressing F8 does not recognize the mac os. So it seems as though it is not recognized so I am stuck here asking and waiting for one reply. I also would like to know which version is most stable and currently I am downloading iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6. and hoping it would work this time. If anyone is able to help I would be very grateful.

• 4 weeks later...

i installed ideneb 1.6 on my tx2-1020us.

Wifi, Ethernet, Bluetooth, Touchscreen, Pen, CardReader, Remotecontrol - WORK

Webcam work, but PhotoBooth cant open.

My sound work, but i cant change the volume, is fixed on the 100% level, when i try to down the volume, its mute.

Touchpad work, but no scroll and no tap click.

FingerPrint? I think it is impossible in os x ...

Radeon HD 3200: I need QE! anyone have a hack to force only status "QE enabled" to able open some apps?

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics:

Chipset Model:	ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	PCI
 VRAM (Total):	256 MB
 Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID:	0x9612
 Revision ID:	0x0000
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1280 x 800
 Depth:	32-Bit Color