Realtek ALC1200 ICH10 working kext on Yosemite 10.10 from 10.6+

marionez

579 posts in this topic

There's a little problem, I don't have a 5.1 sound system, so I would get mad testing a 5.1 driver :hysterical:

Anyway I'll try to solve this maybe in the second part of August.

In the thread you can find the whole ALC1200 verbs, already available, I think they just need a good parameters setting, and maybe there's even some other work to do on some kext files, but now I can't really work on this. ;)

super kid, which is your mobo?

Would be nice having positive feedback along with mobo model, in this way, if someone is going to post in future we can see the driver works on that mobo ;)

my mobo: asus p5ql-e. The rear mic works great. Can you make the front mic work too?. I'm using the 1057 slim ver.

Sorry for asking too much.

I would work on that in future, but it's not really simple having both mic inputs working, should be easier having a driver that works on front or one that works on rear, because there's a strange switch on the same node, you'll loose the line in... ;)

Guys I read back the topic, those with P6T are you using this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1152737 ? Or latest standard slim 1057 version?

Should, those untested on first post, feedback something?

i'm using 10.5.7 and the 10.5.6 kext can't make the both front and rear mic work. can you make the front and rear mic work for 10.5.7 slim. I don't need the rear line in. If the front mic work I can use my headphone with mic with the front audio

I'm getting the same issue as reported by firstreflex, SocratesDemise, and others - looking but still haven't found a way to disable the (not working anyway) ATI HD Audio device from detecting on the video card. For whatever reason HDMI audio detects as internal, which I presume causes a conflict making the sound settings in control panel appear to have no device at all.

The only other working audio driver I've found can't use all input/output for me (M3A78-EM ALC1200 - ALC_1200_REALTEK_AUDIO old packages), just stereo out and mic in on the back panel.

Any thoughts on where device ID's reside? I spent about an hour yesterday digging through plist and bins with editors and did not hit on anything at all. Currently have 0x174BAA30 (ATI HDA) and 0x104382FE (ALC) in profiler.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 2 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

Mac OS X 10.5.6 Retail

Updated to 10.5.7

Brand new Asus P5Q Pro Motherboard

System Profiler

Audio (Built In)

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x1787AA08

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x104382FE

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Line Out:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

Microphone:

Connection: Internal

Headphone:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Optical

Hi marionez,

I have the above system which flatly refuses to accept the 10.5.6 or 10.5.7 audio

kexts. This is a clean install with only the network kext added with Kext Helper.

I have searched the whole of the the installed HD but can only find the 10.5.7 kexts

and NO other audio device.

On a trial run with my other system (same hardware) and iDeneb 10.5.6 your

audio kexts worked flawlessly.

My gut instinct is that something has changed in the 10.5.7 release - everything

else works flawlessly.

Mike Spence

codec.txt sound doesn't work on my asus M3A-H/HDMI

in attachement my linux codec dump, it's look like it's alc888 10EC0888, but at mobo manual written that alc1200

That's not an ALC1200 definetely...

I have a P5Q (but I don't use the retail OSx) and I don't have any kind of trouble with sleep/reb/shutd on 10.5.7 so you've some kind of problem on some other kext... ApplePS2 kexts were my problem.

That's not an ALC1200 definetely...

I have a P5Q (but I don't use the retail OSx) and I don't have any kind of trouble with sleep/reb/shutd on 10.5.7 so you've some kind of problem on some other kext... ApplePS2 kexts were my problem.

what assemble did you use? and what source?

Hi,

I have a m3n78-em. I installed using Atkos v7 10.5.7 and I used the slim 10.5.7 kext in post 1.

Mac OSX recognise it correctly and sound works, but not very well. It is really juttery and patchy and seems kinds slow and laggy. Also, I noticed the below error message on boot.

Any ideas?

Sound assertion "0 == fExternalControlArray" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDAFunctionGroup.cpp" at line 767 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1428 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 130 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1428 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 130 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 == fExternalControlArray" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDAFunctionGroup.cpp" at line 767 goto Exit
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 2514 goto handler
Sound assertion "0 != widget->setUnsolicited ( true )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 855 goto handler

Linux codec dump is attached below.

I am a bit of a osx86 audio noob. Am I supposed to put this somewhere?

I found something that might be useful. I was looking through my BIOS settings and i found an option titled "AZALIA Audio" which let you change between Disabled, Internal codec + External codec, Internal codec and External codec.

"Internal codec + External codec" is the default and is what i had it on. I tried the other two. External codec (which is supposed to be ALC1200) didn't produce any sound after a restart, but showed up in systemprofiler with the right ports and there were output devices under sound in preferences. Internal codec (has something to do with HDMI audio) didnt produce any sound and didn't seem to be picked up.

Ok, i fixed my problem by adding idlehalt=0 to boot.plist. My chance stumbled upon the link below while looking for a fix for another problem. Thanks to all.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t172858.html

codec_dump.txt

Hi marionez!

I found Utils/Audio Midi Setup and I can setup up the digital output, but I have question.

I chose 96K 24Bit and realy better sound!!!

(I can see this on Logitech Z5500 display)

I know that you dose't have digital sound system, but maybe you can help me...

In Audi Midi Setup if I chose digital outpout, I can configure the speakers, but in multi chanels I have only stereo output.

Why?

I know my sound system convert up stereo to Dolby Digital Pro Logich II and this fake 5.1

Under Windows I can test chanels.

I have crative X-Fi optical output, and on sound system display coming up DTS, and this is real 5.1 sound.

I hope you have ide for me...

Thx.

Hi marionez!

I found Utils/Audio Midi Setup and I can setup up the digital output, but I have question.

I chose 96K 24Bit and realy better sound!!!

(I can see this on Logitech Z5500 display)

I know that you dose't have digital sound system, but maybe you can help me...

In Audi Midi Setup if I chose digital outpout, I can configure the speakers, but in multi chanels I have only stereo output.

Why?

I know my sound system convert up stereo to Dolby Digital Pro Logich II and this fake 5.1

Under Windows I can test chanels.

I have crative X-Fi optical output, and on sound system display coming up DTS, and this is real 5.1 sound.

I hope you have ide for me...

Thx.

You need to patch AppleHDA binary (/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA). By changing from 85 08 EC 10 to 88 08 EC 10, you should get "Encoded Digital Audio." See MadTux's guide, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127227

You will get DTS thru your receiver if your source has DTS.

Thanks for help, but I can't see on link, becasue I have this error message:

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

I can see under Firefox, but is too hard for me:(

Marionez can you write me new ALC1200 kext with DTS passtrought?

I tried to modifi and works greet!!!!!!!!!

(I replaced 2 line in appleHDA, reinstall, reboot)

:(

See this picture:

http://fecso.dyndns.org/IMG_0533.JPG

I played WALLE in DTS with VLC!

Can I play DTS in iTunes?

I can't see DTS in perian.

I can't chose 5.1 in Audio Midi setup for digital output.

If you have more idea than write me!

It also helped a lot:)