Realtek ALC1200 ICH10 working kext on Yosemite 10.10 from 10.6+

marionez

579 posts in this topic

This doesn't happen here, I think that could even be a software problem, are you maybe resuming some song from pause? There's an effect, like that you're speaking, if I leave the pause from a high volume song, but it's really quite.

hi! that bump that dream sequencer is describing is happening on my hackintosh too... its more like a screech though.

If for example im just browsing the net and when a program suddenly makes a sound... it produces something like a short screech/bump whatever before the normal program sound.

by the way my mobo is asus p5ql-em with alc1200 according to the manual and using the slim version.

and thank you so much for your hard work marionez. ^^ <3

That's quite strange, this doesn't really happen here. Firstly you can carefully check your extension folder. Many times I had some old kexts that was the point of the problem. You can try to remove applehda hdaenabler alc* (check your *), then reinstall slim version with kexthelper and reboot.

If this won't work, I have to check your own codec dump, in that way we can see if there's something different. Maybe this has something to do with misc verb parameter.

I can confirm that happening too. It 's like after a period of inactivity the audio system turns off and when a sound needs to be reproduced it wakes up. Like turning on the computer with the speakers on. When the audio card is enabled you hear a "click" noise. I believe that's the reason of this.

hi marionez, i tried the SLIM driver and it works but it bumps my speakers everytime it starts a sound.

for example, i'm in silence, i click on a song, it produces a little bump noise and then starts the song.

it happens to you?

It was happening if I set my system to be iMac5,1, for example. However, it was gone if I set it to be MacPro3,1.

Riepilogo hardware:

Nome modello: iMac

Identificatore modello: iMac8,1

Velocità processore: 3.87 GHz

Numero di processori: 1

Numero totale di nuclei: 2

Cache L2: 6 MB

Memoria: 4 GB

Velocità bus: 1.6 GHz

Versione Boot ROM: IM81.00C1.B00

Numero di serie (sistema): SOMESRLNMBR

ok, you're right.

how can i change it? i have to edit applesmbios?

I flash P5Q PRO BIOS which is modified by Juzzi

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=136586

XxX 10.5.6 Final DVD

VGA is nVidia 9600 (This one drive me crazy a month)

So I installed nVidia 9000 seires Driver v2 and XDarwin Nvidia install.

And

*OpenHaltRestart.kext

*Asus_P5Q_PRO_JC_Marvell_6111_AppleVIAATA.kext.zip

*Asus_P5Q_PRO_JC_AHCIFix.1.3_cVaD.dmg.zip

*AttansicL1eEthernet.kext.zip

Everything wok fine BUT

I try so many way to solve my P5Q SE/R audio problem but still in vain.

1. I removed any "audio" or "HDA" .kext in my /System/library/extension/

such as ALCinjector.kext AppleHDA.kext ALC1200fix.kext

even those

* SM56KUSBAudioFamily.kext

* AppleFWAudio.kext

* AppleOnboardAudio.kext

* IOAudioFamily.kext

2. I use OSX86tools to install the ALC1200_SLIM.zip.

3. Reboot with -v -x

4.When the system boot

I get

kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != setupHostInterrupt ()" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 253 goto Exit

PS:

But in this topic

kizwan say: "Never mind, this error occurs if ACPIFIX installed."

5. But the system still show below message

nothing happen, no audio icon show up. no audio device

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x104382FE

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

empty

empty

empty

empty

I fight 2 weeks for this issue. Please help me.......

Thanks thanks thanks thanks...

BTW, How to dump the audio device info?

It's strange,

After I install these drivers it finds my device but there are no available devices.

If I go back to an old alcinject method it works.

Anyone have any ideas what would cause this?

Thank you,

William

post-393081-1243715285_thumb.png

Socrates you have 2 drivers installed in your Extensions folder, this can't work. Clean your extensions folder and reinstall the driver. Your mobo model?

Albert the sound assertion is not a problem, can't understand why you removed those:

* SM56KUSBAudioFamily.kext

* AppleFWAudio.kext

* AppleOnboardAudio.kext

* IOAudioFamily.kext

I think you'd better recovering from combo 10.5.6 update (if you're on 10.5.6 and not on 10.5.7).

thanks marionez !!

I reinstall all *audio*.kext back to the system, but still not work.

I dump the audio code and attach with this post.

Please give me some idea.

-------

BTW I reinstall ALC1200_1056.zip to my MAC.

When booting there is one more error message

kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != setupHostInterrupt ()" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 183 goto Exit

What happen here?

========after 10 min==============

wait wait wait...

I cry after all....

The tear drop with happiness.

I heard the mp3 from my Z5500 with coax digital output now.

Every work perfect!!!!

Thanks again marionez !!

Thanks you.

But I still don't understand what happen here, how suddenly it work.

codec.txt

Hello all,

I am currently running on AppleHDA.kext on Asus P6t and having sleep / shutdown / Wake issues.

Sleep: may not sleep after first sleep. first sleep / wake works fine

Shutdown: Sometimes kernel panic, box light still on , cpu still spinning

Wake: Can only wake up first time, second time it sleeps. Wake fails with monitor going black

Are these signs of bad audio? Will the kext in this thread help ?

thanks

Hi All

Anyone else having problems with sound input after update to 10.5.7? I've tried importing plists from 10.5.6 slim kext to 10.5.7 AppleHDA but only input working is now Rear Mic. Line In shows up in System Prefs but does not seem to be active (no changes in volume levels when sound coming in).

You would work on 10.5.7 info.plist directely.

I can't figure out why can't get input working, but seems like with this 10.5.7 shutd/reb is more reliable.

Anyway we have verbs and input scheme, now I think we have just to try some new settings good for 10.5.7, I've not so many time to work on this, so help is very appreciated, I already spent much.

Things to check:

Pathmaps and Layouts inside AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Info.plist

Verbs inside AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

I would think that verbs are not the problem.

ALC1200_1057.zip

Marionez

I've also spent hours on this! Have found that line in shares same input/mixer as rear mic (see attachment) and have set up pathmaps exactly as in this picture. My Asus ALC1200 codec is parsed as ALC888 but you'll see the Nodes (Pin Associations) in the picture are the same as yours. All works great except for LineIn and FrontMic (shows up as 'None' in System Profiler). I can only think it's to do with MuteGPIO values, have tried loads of different combinations with no success. I agree verbs are unlikely to be the cause, I've been using ones which are virtually identical to yours.

The AppleHDA.kext has always been a pain in the a**e, if only it was more universal like otherHDA drivers. VoodooHDA is heading in the right direction (great work) but has a way to go with inputs!

post-11298-1244060001_thumb.png

Socrates you have 2 drivers installed in your Extensions folder, this can't work. Clean your extensions folder and reinstall the driver. Your mobo model?

I've searched through my extensions folder for hours now, I do not have any other audio drivers. However, I do seem to have two Audio Devices:

00:14.2 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) [1002:4383] (The ALC1200)

01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon HD 3870 Audio device [1002:aa18] (The audio controller for my video card's HDMI output)

I am using an M3A78-T motherboard, and an ATI HD3850.

You would work on 10.5.7 info.plist directely.

I can't figure out why can't get input working, but seems like with this 10.5.7 shutd/reb is more reliable.

Anyway we have verbs and input scheme, now I think we have just to try some new settings good for 10.5.7, I've not so many time to work on this, so help is very appreciated, I already spent much.

Things to check:

Pathmaps and Layouts inside AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Info.plist

Verbs inside AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

I would think that verbs are not the problem.

@marionez

change 01871c50 01871d98 01871ea1 01871f01 to 01871c50 01871d98 01871ea1 01871f90

You should get Internal microphone, not none if you are using 1.6.8a3 AppleHDA.