Realtek ALC1200 ICH10 working kext on Yosemite 10.10 from 10.6+

marionez

579 posts in this topic

First of all i want to thank you for your great work, unfortunatly i have some problems with my P5Q Pro.

With the normal driver (your first choice) i get both Output (Front and Rear) Working, with your second choice driver i can only get the Front Out working, no matter what i set in the prefpane.

However, no matter which driver I use, i simply cant get the MIC to work at all, which is a really bummer :/

Hope you can help me.

When reinstalling i delete AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext and reinstall the new ones with kexthelper. I then reboot and do a kextload HDAEnabler.kext to get sound Output working, with the problems described above however.

Did you remove ALC1200fix.kext?

I disabled front mic in slim version, but rear mic works (it's the pink input). If on your mobo even rear mic doesn't work (with the slim version) I think you've got an ALC1200 with a different codec dump. So should be useful if you produce one on your own and attach here.

On linux should be something like:

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 > codec.txt

Tested again with garage band, rear mic works with slim version.

hi there.

Okay, the rear out not working was due to me plugging into the wrong input :unsure:

The mic also works, but its very very silent...anything like mic boost on osx ?

thx for your help

*edit*

Okay, got the mic now working too. Was a problem with the mic input volume...it changes itself while speaking though, but i think only when being in prefpane.

Asus P5N7A-VM

it's a alc888.. I tried today your solution.. only ext mic works

I see and can change selection in output panel.. but no sound.

Hey,

I hear that the ASUS P6T has an ALC888 here. But on my linux dump it says ALC1200.

What should I believe ?

I've tried many things, like the AppleHDA patcher, but nothing works.

Here's my dump:

Codec: Realtek ALC1200

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x10ec0888

Subsystem Id: 0x10438357

Revision Id: 0x100101

the full one is attached.

alc1200.txt

El gringo did you tried installing slim version? Does that work?

I'll check your codec dump in a near future :)

It worked !! Good. Sound is hashed though. But at least I can see inputs and outputs in the system profiler.

I'll check if I can have a better sound. Would it change something if I patch it with HDAPatcher and my linux dump ?

Hey Marionez!

seriously great work you cant imagine how amazing this is!

one thing i do want to ask, is it possible for me to have 2 different outputs at the same time (eg. front green output and back green output together?) my ableton live does not show a secondary output

do you get what i mean?

if not please pm me :(

yours diby-amir

It worked !! Good. Sound is hashed though. But at least I can see inputs and outputs in the system profiler.

I'll check if I can have a better sound. Would it change something if I patch it with HDAPatcher and my linux dump ?

Let me understand, that works? What do you mean with hashed? I'll take a look on your codec dump

Diby, you can follow this http://www.apple.com/pro/techniques/aggregateaudio/

and this and see if you can reach something... I tried but I can't manage how to do that. I think that should be related with verbs we are using at the moment. But as I stated I'll not touch the driver until 10.5.7 is out.

El Gringo I checked your codec dump.

You have the same pin configuration, but subsystem ID is different and even some pin default, so even verbs.

P5Q

Subsystem Id: 272859902

node 25

Pin Default 44146016: [Jack] Mic at Ext Front

node 27

Pin Default 35736864: [Jack] HP Out at Ext Front

node 30

Pin Default 21262640: [Jack] SPDIF Out at Ext Rear

P6T

Subsystem Id: 272859991

node 25

Pin Default 44145760: [Jack] Mic at Ext Front

node 27

Pin Default 35736608: [Jack] HP Out at Ext Front

node 30

Pin Default 21324080: [Jack] SPDIF Out at Ext Rear

Try with this attached on your P6T

P6T_ALC1200_SLIM.zip

Yes that works here on 10.5.7, obviously you need to download slim version and reinstall the driver after update.

Shutd/reboot now is broken, but I believe has something to do with this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...aded&start=

according to this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1117842

If anyone has shutd/reb working, please signal howto solve that.

My shut/reb problem was related with my ps2 mouse kext driver, here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1114415

I tried to import Info.plist configuration from 10.5.6 applehda to the 10.5.7, but it's not working the same. Audio input is broken.

post-303759-1242291332_thumb.jpg

With the first post slim version everything works.

THIS IS NOT WORKING, so download that if you want to help, not for normal use (for normal use, download slim version from first post).

ALC1200_1057.zip

marionez

ho provato tutti i kext nel thread ma niente da fare

nelle informazioni sul mac esce questo

2 voci:

Audio ad alta definizione Intel:

ID dispositivo: 0x174BAA30

ID audio: 12

Dispositivi disponibili:

Audio ad alta definizione Intel:

ID dispositivo: 0x104382FE

Dispositivi disponibili:

nei dispositivi audio non segna nulla,nessun dispositivo

gli unici kext che mi fanno funzionare l'audio sono questi,li allego

ho un asus p5q

kext_p5q.zip

[speak in English :( ]

I don't know what is this:

Dispositivi disponibili:

Anyway the driver works, so there's some problem on your own.

Maybe you have to clean your /System/Library/Extension of unwanted kexts. I think you installed some other audio drivers, this explain why you've got ALC1200 and another audio device in "about this mac".

[speak in English :( ]

I don't know what is this:

Dispositivi disponibili:

Anyway the driver works, so there's some problem on your own.

Maybe you have to clean your /System/Library/Extension of unwanted kexts. I think you installed some other audio drivers, this explain why you've got ALC1200 and another audio device in "about this mac".

no,in the installation i have'nt selected anything

when i log in leopard i install the kext that i posted early

i have only shutdown problem,no matter for the multi line out at this time

It's not an opinion matter... this driver works on P5Q, so if you have a P5Q with 10.5.6 or 10.5.7 this will work.

If not, you have some kind of problem on your own.

If you tell me that "about this mac" says there's two audio device, you have some kind of problem with kext installed, and sometimes is not so simple to find those in extension because they're many. Another possible thing is something in BIOS settings, default settings are good here.

hi marionez, i tried the SLIM driver and it works but it bumps my speakers everytime it starts a sound.

for example, i'm in silence, i click on a song, it produces a little bump noise and then starts the song.

it happens to you?