Realtek ALC1200 ICH10 working kext on Yosemite 10.10 from 10.6+

marionez

579 posts in this topic

Hello, all.

I  installed 10.9 Mavericks on an Asus P5Q-EM yesterday, and have been fighting with the audio for several hours now. I got audio to work (sort of) using using VoodooHDA 2.7, but Voodoo's usual buzzing sound quickly got the best of me, so I've been trying the AppleHDA kext here.

So far, no luck. None. While booting in verbose mode, I've seen the error lines mentioned in this thread a few times ("Sound assertion"), but that's about it.

The documentation in the first post is a little dificult for me to understand, since on my last system (A Dell Optiplex 755), I never had to patch my DSDT. I'm very much a DSDT newbie. I managed to find walkthroughs on patching my DSDT for the P5Q-EM, and Chimera is loading my patched DSDT. Now that I'm back at my Hackintosh, I've attached the sound assertion errors and my patched dsdt in hope that it'll help y'all diagnose the problem better.

My biggest question is (aside from why isn't it working), what's the purpose of the .xml files in the origional post? Additionally, is there perhaps a way to use the AppleHDA kext without using a patched DSDT? Used to be, graphics cards could be forced to work by inserting a string into your org.chameleon.boot.plist file in /Extra. Could a similar solution be used for the audio card?

As a sidenote, my board also has an NVidia GeForce GTX 650 graphics card. That card's HDMI port has an audio output of its own. Is there any way that the presence of the graphics card's output could be affecting OSX's ability to pick up the ALC1200?

SoundAssertion.txt

myDsdt.dsl.txt

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have that card

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801JD/DO (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:3a6e] (rev 02)

Which I think is an ALC1200 but I can't get it to work.

Any help?

Thank you

PS: It is a Asus P5QL-VM Do motherboard

Did this end up working? I have a Lenovo M58P with 82801JD/DO (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller.  

Everything I've read says this thing is an AD1882 audio chip, yet the device id, 3a6e is intel. I'm trying to get spdif working on this audio chip and VoodooHDA does not list SPDIF as an option.  If this is indeed not an ALC1200 and an AD1882, can anyone recommend solution for SPDIF?

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to confirm that modifying the DSDT as described ( only 1 value to change ) and installing the AppleHDA kext provided gives sound on an Asus P5N7A-VM board with Mavericks !

I am ecstatic !   :hysterical:

Many thaks to all those who worked so hard to make this so easy for dumbos like me.

NWJ

PS I am running 10.9.1 - all working

• Like 2

I am happy to confirm that modifying the DSDT as described ( only 1 value to change ) and installing the AppleHDA kext provided gives sound on an Asus P5N7A-VM board with Mavericks !

I am ecstatic !   :hysterical:

Many thaks to all those who worked so hard to make this so easy for dumbos like me.

NWJ

PS I am running 10.9.1 - all working

Nice :)

the only solution I find was to buy an external sound card XD

• 4 weeks later...

I got it working on my Asus P6T SE, but it was a bit of a pain, so i'll post my work for the others...

- I installed OS X Mavericks with MyHack (CPU, GPU and RAM are recognized already)

- Using ##### 6.0.0 i installed the Ethernet driver and the fix to make the computer shutdown completely (Ev0reboot.kext) and some others (such as SATA,...)

- using this video i got icloud working (with every app except iMessage, but i don't use it so i don't care)

- finally for the sound card : I installed DSDT editor and did the following :

1.open DSDT editor

2.file -> extract DSDT

3.patch -> open : open the HDEF file in my link (http://www.2shared.com/file/jJNzLzIy/DSDT_edition_files.html)

4.click apply

5.patch -> open : open the DTGP file in my link (http://www.2shared.com/file/jJNzLzIy/DSDT_edition_files.html)

6.click apply

7.IASL -> compile (you should get no errors)

8.IASL -> save aml : save it as "DSDT.aml" in /extra

9.install AppleHDA.kext from the first post using kext utility (it will rebuild cache automatically)

10.reboot and enjoy :)

Thanks so much man! That did the trick for me on my Asus P5Q Pro with Q9550.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping you can offer a little help.  I have an Acer Aspire m5630 with a gigabyte EG31M motherboard.  It has an 888s (1200?) chip.  I've added the HDEF to my DSDT (attached) and installed the AppleHDA.kext from the ALC1200_lm_108.zip file.  The audio ports show up in System Profiler and in System Preferences, but I can;t get any sound to come out.  

Can someone please take a look at the attached and let me know if you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

system preferences.tiff

dpcimanager.tiff

sysem profiler.tiff

DSDT.aml.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I have a P5QL Pro, running Mavericks, without a patched DSDT. I installed the AppleHDA from the first post (second method). Audio is working fine (front headphone output) but the mic in seems to be unsupported. What would be the easiest way to get this working (need it for Skype and Rosetta Stone)?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

what's strange here is that audio is working properly only with USB booting.

I can boot from the HD bootloader but then audio is not working.I tried everything but at this time no go with hd booting.

I used chameleon enoch r2403 for USB key. tried to reproduce everything on HD but there's no way to load properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

i have more of a knowledge gathering question :) . I have the same card ALC1200(ALC888) and it's been working fine in Mavericks using the kext from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (ALC888 Legacy v100202). Once i upgraded to Yosemite that kext would not longer work.  I have never used DSDT before so had to figure it out and it finally works (used instructions from post #550).  As i am learning how to work with DSDTs here are my questions:

1) any idea why [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] kext for ALC888 stopped working in Yosemite

2) if the purpose of DSDT is to tell OSX how to interact with hardware, why did i have to install AppleHDA.kext. I thought with DSDT don't have to mess with kext anymore

3) In post #550 Manu0600 provides two files: HDEF and DTGP.  The very first post only provides HDEF file.  Is there a need for DTGP file ?

Thank you very much for your time

You can find ALC1200 on:

Asus P5Q tested ok

etc. etc. etc.

MSI P43 tested ok

GA-945GCMX-S2 tested ok

Anyone test the ASUS M4A79T?

By manual it has a ALC1200. Under windows it is shown with Ven.ID: 10EC Dev.Id: 0888

So.... Is it a ALC1200 and i've to follow this guide, or it is an ALC888 and i have to follow another one?

i'm newbie and it's a little tricky for me to understand.

Thank you

The main difference is that ALCinjector is not needed, so you're running a clean vanilla AppleHDA kext from latest 10.5.6 update just modded for ALC1200.
On the other hand this driver has potential to be fully working. Line-in could be on the to-do-list, I've not so many time to spend, but I'll try. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello finally i get audio to work on my P6TSE, but only Stereo while i have 5.1

I am searching solution for three days, I understand that I have to modify my layout-id but how and where??

I also tried to edit my layout-id block (inside HDEF) from this:

"layout-id", 
 Buffer (0x04)
{
    0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

to this:

"layout-id", 

Buffer (0x04)
{
    0x07, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

According to:

Layout_ID 3 = ​​For Laptop's.

Layout_ID 5 = ​​3 ports supported (Pink, Green, Blue) 

Layout_ID 7 = 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Laranja, Pink, Green, Blue) 

Layout_ID 9 = 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Laranja, Pink, Green, Blue, CodecAddress: 2)

After reboot no audio

In first post i don't well understand the usage of this:

these are the xmls needed for our ALC1200 to work right
zip.gif  layout_and_platforms.zip   8.36KB   1813 downloads  

Can someone explain me where i am wrong?? And why my "layout-id = 12" ??

DSDT.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is somebody able to provide a mirror of these files? I'm trying to download them for a week now, but it seems like insanelymac isn't able to restore the attachments after the downtime :(

tried one of those in the download section, but it's not working indeed.

came back to my alc1200 driver and is working...

I'm not able to upload file on the first post, 800KB upload limit  :rofl:

got no time now, but I'll upload in the next few days

• 5 weeks later...
Build: DELL Precision WorkStation T3500
Motherboard Model: DELL 09KPNV
Motherboard Chipset: Intel X58 (Tylersburg 36S) + ICH10R
BIOS REV: A10
UEFI: NO
CPU: Intel Xeon W3530
MEMMORY:12GB DDR3 SDRAM TRIPPLE CHANNEL

Audio Card: VEN 8086 DEV 3A3E Intel ICH10 HDA Controller
Video Card: VEN 1002 DEV 6758 ATI Radeon hd 7670 TURKS XT 2GB DDR3

Guys, having a lot of trouble doing the DSDT Patch on Yosemite 10.10.3, seems like i get a ton of "compile errors" even with a clean DSDT ?? (is this normal?)  can i post my clean DSDT for a guru to take a gander at ?

thank you.

DELL DSDT CLEAN EXTRACT.zip

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After several days trying to enable ALC1200 on 10.11.1, I've managed to get it working. 
I have an Asus P5QL-PRO motherboard, so I'm not sure that it will work on other motherboards.

As a basis I took the AppleHDA888.kext generated by Piker's AppleHDA8Series.sh script.

Below is a little guide, how to configure your system. The prerequisites are Clover bootloader and native AppleHDA kext without any HDAEnablers and/or Voodoos. (However I think if you inject layoutid through DSDT and patch AppleHDA manually, the results will be the same). 

1) In clover config check ACPI\DSDT\Fixes\FixHDA_8000 section - it should be set to "true":

<key>FixHDA_8000</key>

<true/>

2) In Clover config you need to Inject audio with layoutid = 2 (Devices\Audio section):

<key>Audio</key>

<dict>

<key>Inject</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>ResetHDA</key>

<true/>

</dict>

3) Again in Clover config you need to insert several patches for AppleHDA kext (KernelAndKextPatches\KextsToPatch section):

<key>KextsToPatch</key>

<array>

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>Replace 8419d411 to 8808EC10</string>

<key>Find</key>

<data>hBnUEQ==</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AppleHDA</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>iAjsEA==</data>

</dict>

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>Disable 8319d411</string>

<key>Find</key>

<data>gxnUEQ==</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AppleHDA</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>AAAAAA==</data>

</dict>

</array>

4) Download the kext I attached and copy it to /Library/Extensions folder:

sudo cp -R AppleHDA1200.kext /Library/Extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/AppleHDA1200.kext

sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/AppleHDA1200.kext

5) Kext cache rebuilding should begin automatically (you can check it by typing "top" in terminal or in system monitor), but if it doesn't, run it manually:

sudo kextcache -u /

6) Now reboot your system, go to audio settings and select LineOut or Headphones (if you have headphones attached to front panel). 

P.S. Front mic is not working, I'll try to fix it soon maybe. 

P.P.S. I didn't manage to enable autoswitching, so if you have speakers attached to the rear audio panel and want to attach headphones to the front one, you'll need to go audio settings and select Headphones there to get them working. 

AppleHDA1200.kext.zip

• 2 months later...

After several days trying to enable ALC1200 on 10.11.1, I've managed to get it working. 

I have an Asus P5QL-PRO motherboard, so I'm not sure that it will work on other motherboards.

As a basis I took the AppleHDA888.kext generated by Piker's AppleHDA8Series.sh script.

Below is a little guide, how to configure your system. The prerequisites are Clover bootloader and native AppleHDA kext without any HDAEnablers and/or Voodoos. (However I think if you inject layoutid through DSDT and patch AppleHDA manually, the results will be the same). 

1) In clover config check ACPI\DSDT\Fixes\FixHDA_8000 section - it should be set to "true":

2) In Clover config you need to Inject audio with layoutid = 2 (Devices\Audio section):

3) Again in Clover config you need to insert several patches for AppleHDA kext (KernelAndKextPatches\KextsToPatch section):

4) Download the kext I attached and copy it to /Library/Extensions folder:

5) Kext cache rebuilding should begin automatically (you can check it by typing "top" in terminal or in system monitor), but if it doesn't, run it manually:

6) Now reboot your system, go to audio settings and select LineOut or Headphones (if you have headphones attached to front panel). 

P.S. Front mic is not working, I'll try to fix it soon maybe. 

P.P.S. I didn't manage to enable autoswitching, so if you have speakers attached to the rear audio panel and want to attach headphones to the front one, you'll need to go audio settings and select Headphones there to get them working. 

Not working for me, but I have a P6T.

Mavericks/Yosemite worked beautifully with directions in the OP. El capitan doesn't work no matter what.

EDIT:  I have been able to get audio working on 10.11.2 El Capitan, ASUS P6T, ALC1200 by installing these files