• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

dawiinci

dawiinci

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
I get a "Kernel Panic" when I use this driver and enable Digital-Out. The KP appears when I play a movie without passing DolbyDigital through and then open the same movie with another player that passes the signal through. Then instantly the KP appears. The movie is on a Samba Server (Windows).

kernel_task: com.apple.filesystems.smbfs(1.6.2)

When I use another driver (AppleHDA+HDAEnabler for 10.6.4) i get this one in the same situation:

Kernel Panic (mplayer - CPU3)

com.apple.driver.AppleHDA

dependency com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport
dependency com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily
dependency com.apple.iokit.HDAFamily
dependency com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily
dependency com.apple.iokit.DSPFuncLib
com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily
dependency com.apple.iokit.OSVKernDSPLib

Without this driver or just playing a file with digital content it works.

Edit:
With this driver it seems to work for now:
http://www.fleebaile...-in-future.html
I was not able to reproduce the KP, so maybe there is some modification in this driver. Could someone check this an fix this driver if needed?

vlad1966

vlad1966

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Computers (especially Macs) OS X, sports cars (fast cars in general), blondes.
Please help - ASUS P6T & !0.6.3.
Tried everything in this thread but no sound.

Thanks!

anengsto

anengsto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

does anybody know where could I find a fully working kext for realtek alc 1200 on Snow Leopard 10,6,4?

Thanks in advance

mrsorinel

mrsorinel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi. i have a p5ql-pro motherboard. and a mac osx 10.6.4 an my sound is not working.
i install 10.6 and i make a update up to 10.6.4. osx working ok but sound not working.
i install appleHDA.kext (ALC1200 for Snow Leopard 10.6.3 & 10.6.4) but nothing.
what i need to do?

anmnoor

anmnoor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
looks like link add by dawiinci works great for 10.6.4. Thanks for the links.

mrsorinel

mrsorinel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

looks like link add by dawiinci works great for 10.6.4. Thanks for the links.

i used link add by dawiinci and my sound is working. thx

nixgear

nixgear

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Has anyone had any luck getting this to work with HDMI output over internal SPDIF?

MacSpaces

MacSpaces

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
It works fine in 10.6.4. But the moment i actiavte a PCIE card sound is disbaled. But when i run of the integrated graphics it works.

Any suggestion on how to fixt his problem?

Manu0600

Manu0600

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hi,
I don't understand which kext I have to use.
I want to use 5.1 audio in ALC 1200 under 10.6.4

thanks

thelenko

thelenko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Has anyone had any luck with Line In?

I got the ALC1200 on a P5Q. The default Apple audio drivers worked perfect for audio output, but I installed the ktexts available in the original post in order to get Line In working. However they have not done the trick. Anyone got them working and perhaps have some tips?

Manu0600

Manu0600

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hi,
Mine is working like charm under 10.6.4 on P6T-SE.
I would like to buy a 5.1 surround sound speaker, but the ones with digital in are really expensive. So I was wondering if we could use the 6 female jack (in fact we use only 3 jack for 5.1) to get surround sound (we can under windows).

Thank you very much.

By the way, "AirPhones" on the screenshot is just an app to throw the sound to your iPod/iPhone by wifi.

Attached Files

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,541 posts
It works on P5Q-VM - Snow 10.6.4

:dev:

Manu0600

Manu0600

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Is the digital output working for 5.1 speaker ?
I am willing to buy the logitech Z-5500 which is pretty expensive so I would like to know if it is gonna work.

Thank you very much

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
logitech Z-5500 spdif/dts is reported as working in this thread...

multiple jack output aka analogic 5.1 is not working with this kext, I don't have this system and I can't test it works. Anyone welcome to develope this, pinconfig and verbs are there.

edit on first post:
- Asus P5Q-VM added
- Q: I'm experiencing pop sound, how can I solve this?
A: try setting your hack as MacPro3,1 in /Extra/smbios.plist

saabman

saabman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi All,

All sorted mea culpa: got my kexts in a mess :)

I have a P5Q SE/R and I have only been able to get sound from the Azali driver... The ALC 1200 drivers on this thread don't work for me at all! No sound, No input nothing! I am frustrated... How could you help me get this sorted???
Thanx :-)

ocbaud

ocbaud

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
w00t!

this fixed the buzzing static white noise i was getting from my p5q board!

thanks a ton!

Tiwaz

Tiwaz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello guys i'm installing and reinstalling Snow Leopard 10.6.4 on my laptop (GT627) a couple of weeks on my laptop right now and i can't get proper audio! Voodoo HDA does work, but as my internal speakers are on the same channel as my mic. i get a lot of noise. I also have to change some settings every boot to get sound. So i went looking over the web for some better kext files to make it work properly. I can't find anything at all! Even the kext in the first post isn't working for me.

Maybe i don't understand it that good jet but i'm ready to learn, can someone help me please! I got codec dumps from my audio chip, don't know if i need them or something? Do i need to DSDT patch my system? If so with tools can be used best?

I cleaned my S/L/E from all AppleHDA, HDAenabler, VoodooHDA and stuff my extra folder is also clean of audio kexts.
I installed the audio kext from the first post using kext helperb7, fixed permissions reboot. Audio just doesn't work! Do i need some other kext to enable the AppleHDA kext from the first post or? Can someone please explain me how this stuff works because i can't find good explanations what the different kext files are for on the internet only tutorials what to do. (Wich won't work)

If i look in system profiler under audio tab it says:

Intel High definition Audio:

: 12

Can someone PLEASE reply and make my SL installation complete?

edit: some typo's

dj_Duff

dj_Duff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
marionez Is there any solution to get amplifying for mic-in? There is an amplify checkbox in windows driver.. May be you can recommend any solution or an app?

Tiwaz, are you sure that your laptop has ALC1200 soundcard?
Well, i think it hasn't.
So this kext wont work for you.
I suggest you to post your problem to VoodooHDA topic - that kext is the only kext, that will work for you.

Manu0600 Yes, 5.1 digital output works perfectly with DD and DTS (in video and audioplayer (# VLC or Plex) you should check "use digital output" option).

mrsorinel You are probably doing something wrong. You should overwrite origin appleHDA.kext with this one (put it into S\L\E folder) and apply Kexthelper.app. I've got 2 computers with P5QL-PRO - everything works great!

nixgear Well, nobody has figured it out yet how to get HDMI working. If you find any solution, please post it here!

Akamatsu

Akamatsu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
hello marionez,
today i has been updated to OSX.6.4. after the update was done i have been download & install your AppleHDA for OS X.6.3/X.6.4 but my sound are not working anymore.

I´ve been tryed other AppleHDA from the past, but there are the same result... no sound.

Can you Help me please?
Let me now if you need something (dstd... etc)

Thank You
Akamatsu

//edit
the only Kext that working for me :
http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1444210

with that kext i have only Analog Line Out/In (green, orange, blue, etc... , but i need the Optical Output for my Home Theater

dreadkopp

dreadkopp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
someone has an idea how to get the sound to work on my asus p5ql pro?

since the update to x.6.4 it won´t work any more.

i removed "applehda", "hdaenabler" and "legacyhda" from ./library/extensions and installed the kext from the first post. but got no sound...

any ideas?

thx a lot!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: realtek, alc1200, mountain lion, kext, audio, dsdt, snow leopard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy