Realtek ALC1200 ICH10 working kext on Yosemite 10.10 from 10.6+

marionez

579 posts in this topic

It works for me, but... randomly. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I don't know why!

Today I experienced the BIOS Reset once when rebooting from Lion 10.7.2, the audio went away even the speaker symbol was still active.

I tried to reinstall the AppleHDA.kext provided with DSDT.aml method without success.

What should I do to get the audio back - the last thing that would help making my PC a "real MacPro"?.

It works for me, but... randomly. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I don't know why!

Today I experienced the BIOS Reset once when rebooting from Lion 10.7.2, the audio went away even the speaker symbol was still active.

I tried to reinstall the AppleHDA.kext provided with DSDT.aml method without success.

What should I do to get the audio back - the last thing that would help making my PC a "real MacPro"?.

10.7.2 ? Are you running updates that i haven't heard about yet ? :)

Anyway, the one thing i noticed in Snow Leopard was that after every reboot it somehow reset the output and input devices to the Audioflower thing. So far it has done that in Lion yet, but i suggest you doublecheck the in and output devices.

10.7.2 is an upgrade pack for developers which was released unofficially soon after Lion final was released.

As for the audio reset, I am very confused. This method gives me perfect sounds which VooDooHDA never does, so I really don't want to come back to VooDoo!

Edit: After trying numerous methods, I decided to come back to [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install audio (Apple88xxxHDA.kext and the rollback), plus some minor change of HDEF in DSDT and luckily, the clear and perfect sound returns to me!

Hello Marionez!

I have tried the latest driver (10.6.3) under Lion, without DSDT.

I don't have DTS passthrught.

I know I can change some binary codes in hex, but please check it, before I change it.

Nice to hear from you!

My old account was Slyrfecso, but insanely deleted it:)

Hi!

I am using the second method. Edited and patched dsdt.aml with HDEF_ALC1200.txt.

I have all output, and SPDIF is working, but I don't have DTS passthrught.

For this method I don't have some other idea.

Someone could try DTS under Lion?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Works good, but sound quality is a little bit bad. On PS3 and Windows 7 my Speakers sound better!

You can change the sound quality to better, if you go in to the Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup.

Format from 44100 Hz to 48 or 96 Khz and from 2ch-16bit to 2ch-24bit.

This is working with AC3, but with DTS not!

I found new solution:

Enable AC3/DTS passthrough.

For AC3 passthrough, open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app and type

defaults write com.cod3r.a52codec attemptPassthrough 1

To turn off AC3 passthrough, you type this instead:

defaults delete com.cod3r.a52codec attemptPassthrough

DTS passthrough is done through:

defaults write org.perian.Perian attemptDTSPassthrough 1

To turn off DTS passthrough, you type this instead:

defaults delete org.perian.Perian attemptDTSPassthrough

These aren't enough for DTS passtrought.

Please, Marionez do something with the driver or with the HDEF code.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

After upgrading to Lion 10.7.2 (11C43), I lost the audio. I couldn't use this method as well as TonyMac [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method to gain the sound back which I used to be successful previously.

Any1 is successful getting the audio done in this version of Lion, please light out the way!

Thanks

Nevermind, I removed all HDAEnaber kexts as well as AppleHDA ketx, then reinstalled the AppleHDA8xxx and the Rollback kext from Tony Mac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. It works again after rebooting.

• 1 month later...

Got a working Solution for Sound on 10.7.2 (without DSDT!) with AppleHDA.kext for ALC1200!

Remove any old AppleHDA.kext, VoodooHDA.kext or something like that.

Use Kext Utility to install the two kexts attached in this post (AppleHDA + HDAEnabler)!

For me it worked fine, very good sound without crackling like VoodooHDA!

;)

HDAEnabler.kext.zip

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Hello everyone, I have problem with HDMI-audio on SL 10.6.8. I have installed ALC1200_1063.zip, everything is working fine except HDMI audio via GeForce 9600GT. Graphic card already connected 2-wire cable with motherboard and it worked in Windows. Could you give me some advices?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have the Asus p5q-Pro with flashed bios as suggested in the http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=213336

Everything is working fine, except the integrated audio disappears from time to time.

After a repair permissions and reboot it works again. No hissing or popping.

Is there anyway to fix this?

On the side note I have a Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1 sound card too, which i use for recording and head phones, but i play music thru speakers from the built in.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello to all thread members, I would like to request some details on how to make this bloody audio work, as I have been battling on my friend's hackintosh for hours but without success... and I called myself a power user ;-)

Motherboard: Asus P5Q-EM with BIOS v2203

Setting: AC97 or HD Audio?

Exact DSDT patch/injection?

System: 10.6.8 in 64-bit

Either method (HDAEnabler with new AppleHDA) or (DSDT patch/No HDAEnabler, but with another AppleHDA) did not work on 10.6.8, I still get the sound assertion errors on verbose boot.

What version is this AppleHDA coming from? Leopard? or Snow? What patches are done inside, just binpatch of the main executable in AppleHDA or also including specific data in Info.plist of various plugins?

On my own haxie, the 10.6.8 kext (which is similar in structure to 10.7.x) works for my ALC888 with 1. DSDT injection, 2. Platforms.xml and layout888.xml replacement and 3. only bin-patching AppleHDA binary. A pretty straight-forward process. Is this codec ALC1200 so much different than ALC888 or is it board-dependent?

Did anyone make it work on Asus P5Q-EM?

Thanks to all.

• 4 weeks later...

hello,

I installed 10.7.0 retail lion.

I then updated to 10.7.3 via combo update

Thanks to forum members were able to run everything for the better.

I only have a problem:

when I try to make a skype conversation with my screen comes on, "you need to restart ...."

So believing that depended from audio found applehda x lion and done with this procedure and the three hda wizard replacement files found on the same topic ... I thought I had solved, and instead of the new screen!

My hw is:

cpu intel quad 9550

asus P5Q3

4gb ram

realtek audio alc1200

realtek RTL8168 network

I also noticed that the microphone in the front panel goes (even setting it to sound preferences)

give me a hand ... or maybe I've got old plist kext ... I do not know ...

what is the final procedure to run alc1200 lion with 10.7.3

THANKS

I installed the second method kext as the stated in the instructions. But I still can't see my audio device.

In system profiler all I have is

Intel high definition audio and the the following information.

Device ID: 0x10438357

Audio ID: 12

What could be wrong?

Thanks

• 2 months later...