Realtek ALC1200 ICH10 working kext on Yosemite 10.10 from 10.6+

marionez

579 posts in this topic

I got an issue ; well, little issue. I've tried both version of ACL1200 SLIM for 10.5.6 and 10.5.7 with no lucks (no sound card detected at all) on the following system :

Asus P5Q (Not PRO, not E)

Core2 Quad Q6600

16GB DDR2 800MHz Kingston

IPC 10.5.6 Final

Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0

Voodoo Release 1.0

xnu-1228.7.58 (i386)

I've followed your installation instructions ; tried with -f -x -v ; deleted all specified ktext... no success. Alot of reboot, no success.

This is a fresh install ; the ktext (your old version) was working on the same machine with iDeneb 10.5.6 & 10.5.7.

Don't know what to do from now... How can I troubleshoot this issue ? Any guide for me please ?

Edit 30-07-2009

My sound is now working : i've used the VoodooHDA ktext available @ http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/downloads/list

Thank you :)

:) Dammit. The 10.5.8 update killed the audio. It was working perfectly fine in 10.5.7. The Intel HDA shows up in System Profiler, but can't be found under Sound in System Preferences.

Edit: Okay. I reinstalled the kexts with OSX86 Tools, rebooted a couple of times, and the problem seems to have fixed itself. Haven't tested the Line in yet, but will post results!

;) Dammit. The 10.5.8 update killed the audio. It was working perfectly fine in 10.5.7. The Intel HDA shows up in System Profiler, but can't be found under Sound in System Preferences.

Edit: Okay. I reinstalled the kexts with OSX86 Tools, rebooted a couple of times, and the problem seems to have fixed itself. Haven't tested the Line in yet, but will post results!

I'm experiencing similar things with this kext. Sound is VERY finicky. I'm running chameleon/vanilla. I've been placing the slim in my /Extra/Extensions folder.... for some reason I have to reinstall chameleon several times and end up with what appears to be duplicate kexts where chameleon extracted the nested kexts in the folder. Only after I have several duplicates and only then does my sound work. I don't get it. Another thing I can't do is just simply copy the entire Extra folder over to a new install, rebuild kexts, and sound work. Again... I have to install Chameleon over and over to make it work. Not clean at all.

Thoughts?

I'm experiencing similar things with this kext. Sound is VERY finicky. I'm running chameleon/vanilla. I've been placing the slim in my /Extra/Extensions folder.... for some reason I have to reinstall chameleon several times and end up with what appears to be duplicate kexts where chameleon extracted the nested kexts in the folder. Only after I have several duplicates and only then does my sound work. I don't get it. Another thing I can't do is just simply copy the entire Extra folder over to a new install, rebuild kexts, and sound work. Again... I have to install Chameleon over and over to make it work. Not clean at all.

Thoughts?

Okay. Finally dug up a {censored} microphone from the big bin 'o cables. Rear line in and mic in work fine. Haven't tested the Digital Out (still using a pair of {censored} OEM PC speakers ATM!)

I have yet to figure out how to get audio working through Chameleon, (Currently using RC2) ;)

In 10.5.7., I just used the OSX86 Tools to install the kexts, and they ended up in System/Library/Extensions folder, rather than Extra/Extensions folder. For 10.5.8, I repeated the same process. Deleted the kexts from System/Library/Extensions, and reinstalled using OSX86 Tools. It took a couple of reboots, but it seemed to do the job.

So far so good...now if I could only get sleep/shutdown to work...

I have an interesting find and I hope corrections are made to the AppleHDA.kext per my suggestions.

We've experienced many strange problems when using ALC1200_1057_SLIM.zip w/Chameleon (rc1 or rc2) in the /Extras/Extensions folder. Sometimes sound would work... sometimes it wouldn't... sometimes Chameleon would have to be installed 3-4 times which made several duplicates in the /E/E/ folder where it extracted the Plugins from AppleHDA.kext.

After much work... reading... trials and many errors, it has been determined that AppleHDA.kext is missing 2 files to resolve issues using ALC1200_1057_SLIM.zip in /E/E/. The files missing are from /S/L/E/ and are:

IOAudioFamily.kext

OSvKernDSPLib.kext

If these files are copied to the AppleHDA.kext Plugins folder, all the confusion and problems disappear. Since I've done this, I've also used Apple Update to go to 10.5.8 with no problems!

Please take into consideration my suggestions about repackaging ALC1200_1057_SLIM.zip to include these 2 files (with no modification) to the AppleHDA.kext Plugins folder.

Thanks!

Got P5Q-EM flashed, Retail OSX 10.5.6 installed updated to 10.5.7

Sound is not working even with tut'z

"Howto install:

- choose and download kexts pack for ALC1200 --->got SLIM VERSION 1057

- remove ALCinjector.kext (DIDN'T FIND THIS ONE) AppleHDA.kext ALC1200fix.kext and his friends from /System/Library/Extensions (ALC1200fix and his friends ?????)

- remove /System/Library/Extension.mkext (not needed at all) OK DONE

- unpack the zip file OK

- run kexthelper OK

- install kexts OK

- reboot OK

---> no sound in system, i'm plugged with optical output...

;)

Maybe i'm doing something wrong for sure....

Got P5Q-EM flashed, Retail OSX 10.5.6 installed updated to 10.5.7

Sound is not working even with tut'z

"Howto install:

- choose and download kexts pack for ALC1200 --->got SLIM VERSION 1057

- remove ALCinjector.kext (DIDN'T FIND THIS ONE) AppleHDA.kext ALC1200fix.kext and his friends from /System/Library/Extensions (ALC1200fix and his friends ?????)

- remove /System/Library/Extension.mkext (not needed at all) OK DONE

- unpack the zip file OK

- run kexthelper OK

- install kexts OK

- reboot OK

---> no sound in system, i'm plugged with optical output...

:)

Maybe i'm doing something wrong for sure....

Are the devices showing up in System Profiler & under the sound pane in System Preferences?

Ok i got 2 lines

intel high definition audio

0x1002aa30

audio id 12

available : nothing

@frenchieman

You have an ATI graphic card. Some soundcard on ATI vga cards may conflict to some sound on boards. Using DSDT.aml with patching HDEF injection (sound on board) may solve your problem. You got to ask someone how to patch DSDT for ASUS mainboards. Another way is using an Nvidia vga card.

For my case without DSDT.aml, I am using ATI HD4870 and EP45-UD3R (ALC889a). My GA ALC889a is working fine although

there are two HDAs in System Profiler. However, I got sound assertion of ATI sound on vga card in System.log. After I am using DSDT.aml with patching HDEF function for ALC889a, I got only one HDA (ALC889a) in System Profiler and no sound assertion in System.log.

Good luck.

@frenchieman

You have an ATI graphic card. Some soundcard on ATI vga cards may conflict to some sound on boards. Using DSDT.aml with patching HDEF injection (sound on board) may solve your problem. You got to ask someone how to patch DSDT for ASUS mainboards. Another way is using an Nvidia vga card.

For my case without DSDT.aml, I am using ATI HD4870 and EP45-UD3R (ALC889a). My GA ALC889a is working fine although

there are two HDAs in System Profiler. However, I got sound assertion of ATI sound on vga card in System.log. After I am using DSDT.aml with patching HDEF function for ALC889a, I got only one HDA (ALC889a) in System Profiler and no sound assertion in System.log.

Good luck.

Yarf ! Thx again for the answer :( It's not a big deal as i'm using S7ven for main system but the effort worth it, i'm getting everything working without sound only, i'm going to search and ask like you told me, once again thx a lot.

Hi. I have installed ALC1200_1056 driver and everything works except there is no AC3, DTS passthrough. All i get in my receiver is PCM audio. I was trying MKV videos in VLC player. Anyone know how to fix it.?? I'm using coaxial spdif.

Hello. got a problem.

I have Asus P5QC and boot Leo 1.5.8 with boot-132 usb-flash

Put both kexts to Extra/Extensions inside initrd.img and my system profiler shows up this thing:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID:	0x104382FE
 Audio ID:	12
 Available Devices:

So No available devices are shown.

AppleHDA.kext does not seem to load. I can completely remove it from image - these lines appear after hdaenabler is loaded.

Adding OSBundleRequired set to Root inside Kexts' plist did not help

Thank you

no matter where I put appleHDA.kext I does not help on boot-132... It works fine on chameleon2, but I cannot use it: boot freezes on ioapic when booting 4gb of ram with chameleon.. thats why I use 132... There should be something about 132 and applehda

Fixed my issue. I found no way to make it work with Boot-132... But I patched dsdt, and now I can boot with chameleon2 without any ioapic error. Have no problem booting these kexts with chameleon.

Great job! Works like a charm