• 425 posts
works on 10.7.3

MacKonsti

MacKonsti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Hello to all thread members, I would like to request some details on how to make this bloody audio work, as I have been battling on my friend's hackintosh for hours but without success... and I called myself a power user ;-)

Motherboard: Asus P5Q-EM with BIOS v2203
Setting: AC97 or HD Audio?
Exact DSDT patch/injection?
System: 10.6.8 in 64-bit

Either method (HDAEnabler with new AppleHDA) or (DSDT patch/No HDAEnabler, but with another AppleHDA) did not work on 10.6.8, I still get the sound assertion errors on verbose boot.

What version is this AppleHDA coming from? Leopard? or Snow? What patches are done inside, just binpatch of the main executable in AppleHDA or also including specific data in Info.plist of various plugins?

On my own haxie, the 10.6.8 kext (which is similar in structure to 10.7.x) works for my ALC888 with 1. DSDT injection, 2. Platforms.xml and layout888.xml replacement and 3. only bin-patching AppleHDA binary. A pretty straight-forward process. Is this codec ALC1200 so much different than ALC888 or is it board-dependent?

Did anyone make it work on Asus P5Q-EM?

Thanks to all.

dinimic

dinimic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
hello,
I installed 10.7.0 retail lion.
I then updated to 10.7.3 via combo update
Thanks to forum members were able to run everything for the better.

I only have a problem:
when I try to make a skype conversation with my screen comes on, "you need to restart ...."
So believing that depended from audio found applehda x lion and done with this procedure and the three hda wizard replacement files found on the same topic ... I thought I had solved, and instead of the new screen!

My hw is:
cpu intel quad 9550
asus P5Q3
4gb ram
realtek audio alc1200
realtek RTL8168 network

I also noticed that the microphone in the front panel goes (even setting it to sound preferences)

give me a hand ... or maybe I've got old plist kext ... I do not know ...

what is the final procedure to run alc1200 lion with 10.7.3

THANKS

midimanmac

midimanmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I installed the second method kext as the stated in the instructions. But I still can't see my audio device.

In system profiler all I have is

Intel high definition audio and the the following information.

Device ID: 0x10438357
Audio ID: 12

What could be wrong?

Thanks

almodovaris

almodovaris

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Version 1063 works on 10.7.4, too.

jrii

jrii

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Confirmed: ALC1200_1063 works with Lion 10.7.4 on P5QC. Nice!

tot318

tot318

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
It's working with 10.7.4 on Asus P6T...

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

==================== MOUNTAIN LION ==========================
Only DSDT method.

- edit DSDT pointing to 99 (hex 63) layout ID, as on the HDEF text file attached
- install AppleHDA.kext attached
- cache rebuild
- reboot

;)

ALC1200 working on Mountain Lion 10.8 with DSDT method :)

tot318

tot318

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
ALC1200_1063 works with Mountain Lion..... :thumbsup_anim:
  • owx likes this

faggus

faggus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
can you guys explain to me how to edit my dsdt to get this to work? i've found the Device(_HDEF) listing in my dsdt file, copied over it with the text file provided, and put it in the /extra folder when i boot. i've copied the applehda.kext over and run kextwizard to repair the s/l/e folder. what am i doing wrong here?

BLARGiAMdEAD

BLARGiAMdEAD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
After updating to Mountain Lion, I followed the instructions here to install using DSDT patching. Both line in and microphone show up (although I haven't tested either yet), but for audio outputs I get 3 line outs and a digital output, of which only one (of the line outs) actually works. Does anybody know what could be the issue?

My HDEF section of the DSDT is copied straight from the file, and I'm running an Asus P6T.

Edit: the main problem is that the headphone jack doesn't work. In system profiler, under "Intel High Definition Audio" all the devices show up, with 2 instances of the S/PDIF output but only one of everything else, but under "Devices" I have "Built-In Microphone", "Built-in Line Output", "Built-in Output", "Built-in Line Output", another "Built-in Line Output",
Built-in Digital Output", a USB mic I have connected, and LogMeIn's sound driver.

Edit edit: The audio shows up as "Intel High Definition Audio" with Audio ID 99 and no device id.

FedeHrv

FedeHrv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello there, i was trying to read the post to find my answer, but it's too long.
So i will make the question, I have a P5Q with iatkos SL, updated to 10.7.4

I was wondering, if there is a kext for the ALC1200, with all the outputs activated, i want to mirror stereo out to my TV so that before i play a movie or else, i dont have to go to the PC and swap plugs everytime.

Thanks.

Isac2

Isac2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
ML is supported with DSDT method?
I am relatively new on Hackintosh, so I prefer not to edit it myself.
Does anyone have edited P6T (plain) dsdt to post?
DSDT I am currectly used is attached, I am not sure if it is correct but works (exept audio).
Mobo BIOS version is latest 1408.

Attached Files

dj_Duff

dj_Duff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi, Marionez!

Is it possible to make a empty dsdt.aml only with sound definition (and no other devices), so it will suite any motherboard with ALC1200?

k00lrav

k00lrav

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
hey everyone i did everthing as posted. i go under system profile and then i click audio and it shows my audio device is 99 and nothing else. please help

Sonicmixmaster

Sonicmixmaster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey everyone! I have a solution for getting your sound working. I have given up trying to get my Asus P5Q-EM ALC1200 sound working for a long time and I decided to buy an inexpensive usb sound card and i was happy when it worked. This little usb soundcard only cost me $2.10!! This is way cheaper then the time i wasted trying to get the ALC1200 to work. I have been walking on eggshells trying to get my sound to work changing kexts and stuff and each time i rebooted I was thinking that it will crash. This little device ended my sound problems forever. I am a hackintosh nOOb so finding a solution to this was very satisfying after many hours of browsing this and other mac forums. I plugged it in and right away the sound icon darkened (so it detected). Im using OSX 10.7.2 the Iatkos version by the way. The little usb soundcard shows up as a "generic usb audio device". Also the microphone works as this soundcard has a mic input. the only problem with the soundcard is that the input jack diagrams on it are reversed. Another words, the micorphone is actually the speaker and speaker is the microphone. Its cheap! but otherwise i get nice flat audio which you can adjust to your liking with bass and treble controls on your speakers.
Anyway here is the link to this soundcard if anyone wants to end their sound problems with ALC1200 and possibly others chips.
http://dx.com/p/virt...ound-card-22475

here is a short video i just made showing that this works. https://dl.dropbox.c...osxusbsound.avi I may delete this video later. if link doesnt work means its gone.

EazySnatch

EazySnatch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hello ,

Can someone help me enable my 5.1 channels
OSX: 10.7.2
Mobo: P5QL-e
NO DSDT
Patches BIOS 1005
Audio ACL1200
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller

I have only 2 channels

mymix

mymix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
It is working fine (10.7 to 10.7.4) until I upgraded to 10.7.5. Any solution?
Asus P5Q

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Only DSDT method.

- edit DSDT pointing to 12 (hex 0C) layout ID, as on the HDEF text file attached
- install AppleHDA.kext attached
- cache rebuild
- reboot

;)

this is from my dsdt (Asus P5Q with E8400 and 4GB ram) so you can understand where you have to put the hdef code. DSDTEditor is recommended. Edit your DSDT, don't use mine.

these are the xmls needed for our ALC1200 to work right

I had no time to test the audio driver since I upgraded to ML. Headphone wasn't working anymore! Now this quoted from the first post is the audio driver working as on the older versions.
Pay attention we're now pointing on layout 12 again, so set as 0C on your dsdt.

rulet

rulet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Only DSDT method.

- edit DSDT pointing to 12 (hex 0C) layout ID, as on the HDEF text file attached

Hello marionez. Can you explain some more detailed what exactly strings to edit in dsdt-editor? I cannot get it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: realtek, alc1200, mountain lion, kext, audio, dsdt, snow leopard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy