Realtek ALC1200 ICH10 working kext on Yosemite 10.10 from 10.6+

marionez

579 posts in this topic

hey all, could really use some help. I did my nl install using this guide p5q install, and everything works but sleep and of course, my sound. After I installed, I successfully updated to 10.6.5. Then I tried to get sound working but have had no luck. I have read this entire thread, and tried every kext combination, but I cannot get any sound to work. The closest I get is for Intel high Definition audio with ID:12 to be listed, which was mentioned several times in this thread, but never with a working solution. Please see the attachments below. Im at a loss unless sound is just not compatible with 10.6.5 and my pq5-em mobo. Rest of my specs are in signature. I saw a few people posted their dsdt.aml file (just rename from txt to aml), so I attached that as well. If someone can help, it would really be appreciated.

thanks all!

I'm having the same problem! Does this kext work with 10.6.6?

• 1 month later...

I have that card

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801JD/DO (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:3a6e] (rev 02)

Which I think is an ALC1200 but I can't get it to work.

Any help?

Thank you

PS: It is a Asus P5QL-VM Do motherboard

Im still struggeling to get this working.

Specs: Vanilla Snow Leopard updated to 10.6.7

on P6T SE with i7 920, and a GTX295

Here's a list of the kext's i currently have in S/L/E

ACard62xxM.kext
ACard68xxM.kext
ACard671xSCSI.kext
ACard6280ATA.kext
ACard6885M.kext
ACard67162.kext
Accusys6xxxx.kext
ALF.kext
Apple_iSight.kext
Apple16X50Serial.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
AppleAHCIPort.kext
AppleAPIC.kext
AppleBacklight.kext
AppleBluetoothMultitouch.kext
AppleBMC.kext
AppleEFIRuntime.kext
AppleFileSystemDriver.kext
AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib.kext
AppleGraphicsControl.kext
AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext
AppleHDA.kext
AppleHIDKeyboard.kext
AppleHIDMouse.kext
AppleHPET.kext
AppleHWSensor.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext
AppleIntelGMA950.kext
AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin
AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle
AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext
AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext
AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin
AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle
AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
AppleIRController.kext
AppleKeyswitch.kext
AppleLPC.kext
AppleLSIFusionMPT.kext
AppleMatch.kext
AppleMCCSControl.kext
AppleMCEDriver.kext
AppleMCP89RootPortPM.kext
AppleMIDIFWDriver.plugin
AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin
AppleMIDIRTPDriver.plugin
AppleMIDIUSBDriver.plugin
AppleMikeyHIDDriver.kext
AppleMobileDevice.kext
AppleMultitouchDriver.kext
AppleOnboardDisplay.kext
ApplePlatformEnabler.kext
AppleProfileFamily.kext
AppleRAID.kext
AppleRAIDCard.kext
AppleRTC.kext
AppleSDXC.kext
AppleSEP.kext
AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext
AppleSMBIOS.kext
AppleSMBusController.kext
AppleSMBusPCI.kext
AppleSMC.kext
AppleSMCLMU.kext
AppleStorageDrivers.kext
AppleTyMCEDriver.kext
AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext
AppleUSBDisplays.kext
AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext
AppleUSBMultitouch.kext
AppleUSBTopCase.kext
AppleVADriver.bundle
AppleXsanFilter.kext
ArcMSR.kext
ATI1300Controller.kext
ATI1600Controller.kext
ATI1900Controller.kext
ATI2400Controller.kext
ATI2600Controller.kext
ATI3800Controller.kext
ATI4600Controller.kext
ATI4800Controller.kext
ATI5000Controller.kext
ATIFramebuffer.kext
ATIRadeonX1000.kext
ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin
ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle
ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle
ATIRadeonX2000.kext
ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin
ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle
ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle
ATIRadeonX3000.kext
ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin
ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle
ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.bundle
ATISupport.kext
ATTOCelerityFC.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
ATTOExpressPCI4.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID.kext
autofs.kext
BJUSBLoad.kext
BootCache.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
cd9660.kext
cddafs.kext
CellPhoneHelper.kext
Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext
DSACL.ppp
DSAuth.ppp
DVFamily.bundle
EAP-KRB.ppp
EAP-RSA.ppp
EAP-TLS.ppp
EPSONUSBPrintClass.kext
exfat.kext
GeForce.kext
GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle
GeForceGA.plugin
GeForceGLDriver.bundle
GeForceVADriver.bundle
HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
hp_designjet_series.kext
hp_Deskjet_io_enabler.kext
hp_Inkjet_io_enabler.kext
hp_Inkjet1_io_enabler.kext
hp_Inkjet3_io_enabler.kext
hp_Inkjet4_io_enabler.kext
hp_Inkjet5_io_enabler.kext
hp_Inkjet8_io_enabler.kext
hp_io_printerclassdriver_enabler.kext
hp_Laserjet_io_enabler.kext
hp_Officejet_io_enabler.kext
hp_Photosmart_io_enabler.kext
hp_PhotosmartPro_io_enabler.kext
hp_qc_io_enabler.kext
ICAFWKodakProDriver.kext
ImmersionForceFeedback.kext
IO80211Family.kext
IOACPIFamily.kext
IOAHCIFamily.kext
IOATAFamily.kext
IOBDStorageFamily.kext
IOBluetoothFamily.kext
IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext
IOCDStorageFamily.kext
IODVDStorageFamily.kext
IOFireWireAVC.kext
IOFireWireFamily.kext
IOFireWireIP.kext
IOFireWireSBP2.kext
IOFireWireSerialBusProtocolTransport.kext
IOGraphicsFamily.kext
IOHDIXController.kext
IOHIDFamily.kext
IONDRVSupport.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext
IOPCIFamily.kext
IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext
IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext
IOSCSIParallelFamily.kext
IOSerialFamily.kext
IOSMBusFamily.kext
IOStorageFamily.kext
IOStreamFamily.kext
IOSurface.kext
IOUSBFamily.kext
IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext
IOVideoFamily.kext
iPodDriver.kext
iTunesPhoneDriver.kext
JMicronATA.kext
L2TP.ppp
LexmarkUSBMerge.kext
LogitechForceFeedback.kext
mcxalr.kext
msdosfs.kext
ntfs.kext
NVDANV40Hal.kext
NVDANV50Hal.kext
NVDAResman.kext
NVSMU.kext
OSvKernDSPLib.kext
PPP.kext
PPPoE.ppp
PPPSerial.ppp
PPTP.ppp
Quarantine.kext
Radius.ppp
Sandbox.kext
SMARTLib.plugin
smbfs.kext
SMCMotionSensor.kext
SoftRAID.kext
System.kext
TMSafetyNet.kext
udf.kext
ufs.kext
webcontentfilter.kext
webdav_fs.kext

The AppleHDA in there is the one from the first post in this thread.

Im using the ALC1200_1063 from the first post. I

1. Deleted kext's containing 'audio' in their name

2. Used kext-helper to install the appleHDA in S/L/E

3. Rebooted, and no device showing up.

Tried a dozen times now, still no luck. I've also tried rebuilding my caches and permissions a couple of time after install of the kext. What am i doing wrong?

Hello marionez

Thanks for your information, I just solve my sound output problem. My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L.

I use the second method and apply to my iATKO3 S3 v2 installation. Once applied and restarted, it gets worked.

Great ! I am listening my favourite Kenny G in iTunes now.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Rob

Maybe i'm doing something wrong, or something that doesn't work (yet?) but on my retail 10.6.6 install (i have the combo update to 10.6.7 downloaded, just not installed yet) with the 1063 kext i can't get either mic or line-in to work. I'm using the method with the HDAEnabler.kext built into AppleHDA.kext

I previously had VoodooHDA but that didn't work for the mic either. Then i figured out i had a ALC1200 on my P5Q-Pro and then google pointed me towards this thread. I've removed voodoohda from S/L/E, replaced the vanilla applehda with kexthelper and then ran kext utility to rebuild the caches and fix the permissions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because it's the only thing i still need to get my iSight (out of a A1181 macbook) working completely. USB video works, i just need the mic to work with either a mic or line-in.

Problem just got a little weirder. I hooked up my iphones headphone jack to the mic or line-in (happens on both). I don't hear anything, but in system prefs under sound i DO see that the system registers sound because the bars move.

Seems like it's a pretty simple problem, maybe something i need to alter in the kext for my P5Q-Pro or ?

So far i've found out that the mic DOES actually work, i tried it with Garageband to see if it'd do anything in there and it did. However, the volume on the input is WAAAAAAAAAY too low. I have to talk really loud for it to register anything at all.

I have a Dell Studio XPS 435T with a ALC1200 codec (according to the linux dump).

I've tried both methods to get the driver working but nothing has worked so far. I get the slider and listing in audio properties but nothing comes out of the speakers.

Attached is a dump of the codec from linux.

ALC1200_codec.txt

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Dell Studio XPS 435T with a ALC1200 codec (according to the linux dump).

I've tried both methods to get the driver working but nothing has worked so far. I get the slider and listing in audio properties but nothing comes out of the speakers.

Attached is a dump of the codec from linux.

Anyone? Audio is the last thing to get working properly on my install, VoodooHDA works but has too much noise when not playing anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, I've been reading insanelymac forums for quite a while now and I've stumbled into a problem with my ASUS P5Q motherboard's sound - hopefully somebody here can provide some tips what i'm doing wrong.

My motherboard has the Realtek ALC1200 sound - the driver here for ALC1200 (SL 10.6) doesn't seem to work.

I've used the 10.6.6i Hazard installer and there isn't a Realtek ALC1200 driver option in the installer either - can anybody suggest a method i could try to get this working?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Everyone, I've been reading insanelymac forums for quite a while now and I've stumbled into a problem with my ASUS P5Q motherboard's sound - hopefully somebody here can provide some tips what i'm doing wrong.

My motherboard has the Realtek ALC1200 sound - the driver here for ALC1200 (SL 10.6) doesn't seem to work.

I've used the 10.6.6i Hazard installer and there isn't a Realtek ALC1200 driver option in the installer either - can anybody suggest a method i could try to get this working?

Here u try this, just install with Kext Helper b7, it worked for me after update 10.6.7...

link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9S36190I

• 3 weeks later...

ASUS M3A-H patched applehda.kext on Leopard workes perfect! Codec dump say is ALC888

In Snow Leopard patched AppleHDA.kext gives me Kernel Panic!

What i have do ?

can anybody fix the Applehda for use it in SL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I recently installed Mac OS X 10.6.7 on my PC with Asus P5Q motherboard. Everything is running smooth except I havent managed to make my sound work with my HDTV.

What I did :

1. Tried with new ALC1200 kext package. Audio to simple speakers work, on HDTV sound doesnt work.
  2. I have a Nvidia GT220 with HDMI. I followed Tonymacx86 guide to make video/audio to work. The sound from the HDMI works but only for System Sounds. When I run PLEX (I built this system to be my HTPC) the clicking sounds work but when I play a movie the sound doesnt work.

So,

I have kexts from the ALC1200 package and also kexts from the VoodooHDA.

1. What I have to do now?
  2. How can I clean those kexts and start from the beggining?
  3. How I uninstall a kext? I simply delete it?
  4. How can I make front panel Headphones work?

I tried to connect my HDTV with a staight mini Stereo Jack (3.5mm) and Line Out doesnt work at all. Neither the Front Panel's headphones work.

I connected a laptop with Windows 7 installed and it worked fine (I connected it via the headphones plug)

I want to be able to make sound work from the HDTV (coming from Line-Out or Headphones.

Can you PLEASE help me?

• 2 weeks later...
can someone please tell me how it is working in 10.7 GM? I have an ASUS P5Q-EM board. I have a DSDT.aml file as well.

i also have the same board none of the ones from first post ever worked for me the only one that has worked for me is from one of these posts (373,374 or 401) cant remember which one is was but it works in snow and lion

i also have the same board none of the ones from first post ever worked for me the only one that has worked for me is from one of these posts (373,374 or 401) cant remember which one is was but it works in snow and lion

Installed the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext with DSDT.AML

System Profile shows me the audio device as 888 in the P5Q-EM, but the Volume thing is grayed out. It also doesn't have any speakers in it as outputs or inputs. I just need Digital to work so I can connect sound from the PC to the Receiver.

Same here, used the same kext for 10.7 that i used since 10.6.6. Ofcourse i had to reinstall it every time i updated but it worked flawless each and every time.

The only thing i want to know is how to boost the internal mic sound because my iSight (from a MacBook) has a very low audio level. I have to turn it all the way up to get it to register at all and i still have to talk very loud for anyone to understand me. My wife doesn't like it when i'm yelling at the computer around 2am lol.

Hi,

I had my audio working using this post on my Snow Leopard, but i upgraded to Lion now and i cant get my audio (and network) to work... i placed the AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ but it doesnt work :/ can someone help me plz ?

EDIT : i used this post to get my audio and it worked :unsure: anyway, thanks to all the insanelymac users

Hi,

I had my audio working using this post on my Snow Leopard, but i upgraded to Lion now and i cant get my audio (and network) to work... i placed the AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ but it doesnt work :/ can someone help me plz ?

EDIT : i used this post to get my audio and it worked :( anyway, thanks to all the insanelymac users

thanks Manu, that solved my problem too