the CMOS. I have not tried the dream and is not corrected

the problem of the 2 gb. With these kext bios and what

I am working with sound.

Bios:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FI8EFZ41

Kext:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BP9B7BEZ

Sorry for my English I am Spanish.

I am using jon55's bios with dlach's kexts without 4GB memory problem (I think :-)

MEM: CORSAIR 4GB

BIOS setting: 512M for video

Does it mean my e7aum doesn't have 4GB problem if I got the pix below?

post-25206-1254398570_thumb.png

Thud33,

Please don't put disinformation in the thread. I just downloaded and unzipped the BootCD.iso from from the first post, and mounted it without a problem. I'm sure I could burn it just as easily. I don't know what your deal is unless you are trying to use WinBloze to unzip it, Winzip doesn't always work correctly so I suggest you burn a Ubuntu LiveCD and boot that to create your ISO. But as wildchild22 says there are other bootcds that will probably work. I just put the one in the guide I know works.

WildChild22, I don't know that hdmi sound worked even under Leopard. Take a look on the big thread and you might find some nvcap settings to get it to work. You say 1680X1050 is correct for your monitor, I'd just like to let others know they should be able to get 1920x1200x24.

I am using jon55's bios with dlach's kexts without 4GB memory problem (I think :-)

MEM: CORSAIR 4GB

BIOS setting: 512M for video

Does it mean my e7aum doesn't have 4GB problem if I got the pix below?

Have you done the memory test?

The only thing that keeps me from ordering the mobo is lousy memory issue ... I hope it will get fixed, or am I wrong?

I have mine working but I can only see my ide drives if I boot in 32bit mode using arch=i386

If I boot with just enter and 64bit mode I get no ide drives.

This says that you probably need 64bit Jmicron kext. Kext is linked in topic.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184937

By the way, how much ram do you have?

Folks,

This thread is not that long. Please read or search. The memory test is a few pages back HERE, post 61. Adidasprince, I can guarantee you that you have the memory problem. As I have said repeatedly and getting REALLY SICK of saying. You HAVE to run the memory test, 4 gigs shows up just fine, the system appears to run fine until you hit the wrong address and then kaboom!

(PS. I'll take you on with NewBalanceKFactor).

I am growing less hopeful that Gigabyte will fix this for us. Lately the responses I'm getting are not indicating a willingness to pursue it.

I am currently digging into DSDT/SSDT and hope to be able to figure it out. In particular I am looking for a DSDT extracted from a real mac that uses the nvidia 9400. I have found some ioreg dumps and may be able to use those.

Wheeelman, something about the way you are posting hides whatever it is you are trying to say. I think you are typing in the quoted block. Be sure to start your comment at the very bottom of the page.

I have 2 gigs. I removed my other 2 gigs.

I find osx sl very slow in 32bit mode. I like 64bit way better. But I cannot run vmware fusion then.

I am using a kext put in the E/E folder called cpuinjector.kext it allows SL to properly identify a cpu so you can install silverlight parallels and other programs that require an intel chip. I am using a e5200 o/c'ed to 3.6 ghz but it is slow running vmware fusion. I am guessing where it dont have VT that may make a difference.

This says that you probably need 64bit Jmicron kext. Kext is linked in topic.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184937

By the way, how much ram do you have?

sound is not working for me in 10.6.1

someone with the same problem?

any clues?

Did you put the LegacyHDA kext from Jon55's post in your Extrac/Extentions folder? I don't even when you get sound that it will survive resume from sleep. The and the memory problem are the two things that I am foucsing on in my DSDT research.

I am currently mitigating audio resume from sleep in Leopard by using a USB sound device, haven't had a nanosecond to test it under SL yet but no reason to think it won't work just as well.

Did you put the LegacyHDA kext from Jon55's post in your Extrac/Extentions folder? I don't even when you get sound that it will survive resume from sleep. The and the memory problem are the two things that I am foucsing on in my DSDT research.

I am currently mitigating audio resume from sleep in Leopard by using a USB sound device, haven't had a nanosecond to test it under SL yet but no reason to think it won't work just as well.

yes LegacyHDA is in Extensions folder....

perhaps it does no function in 10.6.1

yes LegacyHDA is in Extensions folder....

perhaps it does no function in 10.6.1

If you did the repair disk permissions step after putting the kext in place. Then I bet it is that you didn't set the output to line out in the sound settings.

It defaults to headphone. I'll add a note to the first post.

In case you are interested in here I leave the bios F3A with slic 2.1 for

Windows7 and foe of roisoft DSDT that put here:

http://www.applesana.es/foro/14/17760/4/gigabyte-ga-

E7AUM-DS2H-clone-imac-2009-A.html:

Have included HPET + rtc + GFX + Hdef I put the fix

the CMOS. I have not tried the dream and is not corrected

the problem of the 2 gb. With these kext bios and what

I am working with sound.

Bios:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FI8EFZ41

Kext:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BP9B7BEZ

Sorry for my English I am Spanish.

Thanks for the post.

Does this setup give you working sleep?

Edit: Specifically around everything still working on wakeup?

Thanks

I have 2 gigs. I removed my other 2 gigs.

I find osx sl very slow in 32bit mode. I like 64bit way better. But I cannot run vmware fusion then.

I am using a kext put in the E/E folder called cpuinjector.kext it allows SL to properly identify a cpu so you can install silverlight parallels and other programs that require an intel chip. I am using a e5200 o/c'ed to 3.6 ghz but it is slow running vmware fusion. I am guessing where it dont have VT that may make a difference.

I am currently digging into DSDT/SSDT and hope to be able to figure it out. In particular I am looking for a DSDT extracted from a real mac that uses the nvidia 9400. I have found some ioreg dumps and may be able to use those.

dlach, I have a MBP 15 with the 9400. Attached is the DSDT extracted using getDSDT.sh. Let me know if there's something else that can help. Thanks for all your work on this.

dsdt.dsl.gz

nvidia_info.tiff

Hello,

I am trying to install SL using the guide from the first post. But the system hangs up after booting the SL Retail Install DVD. I see the chameleon for one or two minutes and than the screen turns dark and I get the usual message "You must restart your ....".

Any guesses on what the problem could be? I already tried different BootCD (meaning burned them two times).

My setup is in my signature - all SATA, so I use the AHCI

Thank you so much

wanky

Hello,

I am trying to install SL using the guide from the first post. But the system hangs up after booting the SL Retail Install DVD. I see the chameleon for one or two minutes and than the screen turns dark and I get the usual message "You must restart your ....".

Any guesses on what the problem could be? I already tried different BootCD (meaning burned them two times).

My setup is in my signature - all SATA, so I use the AHCI

Thank you so much

wanky

I am assuming you flashed your BIOS. Do you really have 4GB of ram installed as per your signature? If so don't do that. As it says "there is a 2GB limitation".

Hey looky here

The OperationRegion from the MacBook, note SystemMemory with an address of 0xBFED5A98 and it is locked

OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xBFED5A98, 0x0100)

Field (GNVS, AnyAcc, Lock, Preserve)

{

OSYS, 16,

SMIF, 8,

PRM0, 8,

PRM1, 8,

SCIF, 8,

PRM2, 8,

PRM3, 8,

LCKF, 8,

PRM4, 8,

PRM5, 8,

P80D, 32,

LIDS, 8,

PWRS, 8,

DBGS, 8,

LINX, 8,

Offset (0x14),

ACTT, 8,

PSVT, 8,

TC1V, 8,

TC2V, 8,

TSPV, 8,

CRTT, 8,

DTSE, 8,

DTS1, 8,

DTS2, 8,

DTSF, 8,

BNUM, 8,

B0SC, 8,

B1SC, 8,

B2SC, 8,

B0SS, 8,

B1SS, 8,

B2SS, 8,

Offset (0x28),

APIC, 8,

MPEN, 8,

PCP0, 8,

PCP1, 8,

PPCM, 8,

PPMF, 32,

Offset (0x32),

NATP, 8,

CMAP, 8,

CMBP, 8,

LPTP, 8,

FDCP, 8,

CMCP, 8,

CIRP, 8,

Offset (0x3C),

IGDS, 8,

TLST, 8,

CADL, 8,

PADL, 8,

CSTE, 16,

NSTE, 16,

SSTE, 16,

NDID, 8,

DID1, 32,

DID2, 32,

DID3, 32,

DID4, 32,

DID5, 32,

BDSP, 8,

PTY1, 8,

PTY2, 8,

PSCL, 8,

TVF1, 8,

TVF2, 8,

Offset (0x63),

GOPB, 32,

BLCS, 8,

BRTL, 8,

ALSE, 8,

ALAF, 8,

LLOW, 8,

LHIH, 8,

Offset (0x6E),

EMAE, 8,

EMAP, 16,

EMAL, 16,

Offset (0x74),

MEFE, 8,

Offset (0x82),

GTF0, 56,

GTF2, 56,

IDEM, 8,

GTF1, 56,

GTF3, 56,

GTF4, 56,

GTF5, 56

}

malloced meg 3055, res 0xbfe7d008 <= Olegischinski's memtest the last good one.

0xBFED5A98 = 3220003480 dec Hmmm...which is about where Olegischinski's memory tests failed (when bios set vram at 256).

and 0x100 = 256 the amount of VRAM.... coincidence?

I am assuming you flashed your BIOS. Do you really have 4GB of ram installed as per your signature? If so don't do that. As it says "there is a 2GB limitation".

Hey dlach,

thanks for the fast reply. As far as I know from this and the old thread, 4GB of Ram are no problem as long as you have an extra graphics card. I have one and I thought there is no problem installing SL with this setup (but I am not that deep in the material like you guys are here. So most of the time my conclusions are wrong :( ).

I will try the installation with 2 GB and if this also fails I will try it without the extra graphics card.

Btw. it is amazing how much effort you put into this board to get OSX runnning and I really appreciate that - Thank you!

wanky

(EDIT: Yes, flashed the BIOS - tried it with koala's and jon's)

Hey looky here

The OperationRegion from the MacBook, note SystemMemory with an address of 0xBFED5A98 and it is locked

OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xBFED5A98, 0x0100)

malloced meg 3055, res 0xbfe7d008 <= Olegischinski's memtest the last good one.

0xBFED5A98 = 3220003480 dec Hmmm...which is about where Olegischinski's memory tests failed (when bios set vram at 256).

and 0x100 = 256 the amount of VRAM.... coincidence?

"Locked" meaning that the MMU is marking the region as protected memory ( the os is unable to allocate memory in that region). Now this is starting to be interesting.

And raises questions as well.

If 0xBFED5A98 is the offset of the memory passed and different value with gigabyte bios. Why does it fail if memory > 2GB? is 0xBFED5A98 hardcoded in the nv-drivers?

I'm not a bios/ DTDS expert, but it intresting non the less.

-X

"Locked" meaning that the MMU is marking the region as protected memory ( the os is unable to allocate memory in that region). Now this is starting to be interesting.

Yes, my point exactly

And raises questions as well.

If 0xBFED5A98 is the offset of the memory passed and different value with gigabyte bios. Why does it fail if memory > 2GB? is 0xBFED5A98 hardcoded in the nv-drivers?

I'm not a bios/ DTDS expert, but it intresting non the less.

-X

The theory is that the problem is that Gigabyte is supposed to be locking that region and isn't. Linux and Windows don't pay attention to the DSDT in that regard but OSX does so the malloc calls to the OSX do not fail and we proceed right into that region and frotz the video.

I think your question is, how is the memory dynamically protected, i.e. We don't have a problem with 2GB but do with more, how does the DSDT specify to move that region if we have more than 2GB? I don't know yet and I don't remember seeing a similar line in the Gigabyte DSDT but now at least I have something to look for. This is also something I can try asking Gigabyte about.