[Guide]GA EP35 DS4 Install - Chameleon 2.0 RC2 EFI Patition - 10.5.6 Retail (Update 10.5.8) & Boot132 - DSDT patched GFX, Audio, NIC

FKA

176 posts in this topic

These are the error messages when using vanilla 10.5.7 AppleHDA with patched DSDT.aml and only the legacy kexts for 10.5.7...

May 22 18:14:36 localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1428 goto Exit
May 22 18:14:36 localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 130 goto Exit
May 22 18:14:36 localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1428 goto Exit
May 22 18:14:37 localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 130 goto Exit

I don't know what's happening here, but i know that everything works like it should as soon as i add the HDAEnabler for 10.5.7.

When backporting to the vanilla AppleHDA from 10.5.6 everything works without any HDAEnabler.

I'm using the legacy kexts from this thread btw.

OK first with ACPI you will have to reinstall XP with ICH drivers (ICH9 if you have the same MB as me.). You can load from floppy during install by hitting F2 when prompted or as I did you can slipstreem XP install disk with the ich drivers using nlite. (Acceptable guide here)

Second I advise you buy a copy of 10.5.6 from Apple.

Third I have had all kinds of problems with the beta BIOS you are using. I'd advise using F5.

Regarding EFI you usually get that message if your trying to mount on the wrong drive/partition. Is your drive formatted as GUID?

D

finally i have time to proceed with your guide.

I still get the same problem. when i put in the 10.5.6 disk(copy) after loading (apple logo and spinning circle) i get a disturbed image with black and white rectangles and blue spots. when i move the mouse, the blue spots become partly white, so that it looks like a graphic problem.

changing the "init display" setting in bios from PCI to PEG to PEG2 made no difference!

downgrading bios to f5 version. no difference!

one thing i discovered: when I changed the bios settings (guidewise)(AHCI) the bios makes a drivecheck with the result "no drives found" even though i can boot the boot123 disc. In the Bios general settings my dvd-drive and my hdd are not listed. is there the possibilty that i connected them in a wrong way? SATA-chanel 1(HDD) & 4(DVDROM). Is there the possibilty that my ROM is to new (it's a very new LG drive that reads bluray) or do i really need to install Vista with ICH9 drivers before i can install the MACosx 10.5.6?

tomorrow i try borrowing a another DVDROM and (if i can get it) a 10.5.6 macos copy. would it work with an older version, or a 10.5.7 version? if not, why?

yesterday i tried a workaround with installing the kalyway 10.5.2 version, and proceed there, and again the "resource busy" error, even though i formated it to "Macintosh journaled" there was no sign of "GUID".

can you help me out here? sorry for my poor english

These are the error messages when using vanilla 10.5.7 AppleHDA with patched DSDT.aml and only the legacy kexts for 10.5.7...

May 22 18:14:36 localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 130 goto Exit
May 22 18:14:37 localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 130 goto Exit

I don't know what's happening here, but i know that everything works like it should as soon as i add the HDAEnabler for 10.5.7.

When backporting to the vanilla AppleHDA from 10.5.6 everything works without any HDAEnabler.

I'm using the legacy kexts from this thread btw.

Try using 10.5.7 AppleHDA kext and legacyHDA from stickpin's thread - as linked in my guide.

D

finally i have time to proceed with your guide.

I still get the same problem. when i put in the 10.5.6 disk(copy) after loading (apple logo and spinning circle) i get a disturbed image with black and white rectangles and blue spots. when i move the mouse, the blue spots become partly white, so that it looks like a graphic problem.

changing the "init display" setting in bios from PCI to PEG to PEG2 made no difference!

downgrading bios to f5 version. no difference!

one thing i discovered: when I changed the bios settings (guidewise)(AHCI) the bios makes a drivecheck with the result "no drives found" even though i can boot the boot123 disc. In the Bios general settings my dvd-drive and my hdd are not listed. is there the possibilty that i connected them in a wrong way? SATA-chanel 1(HDD) & 4(DVDROM). Is there the possibilty that my ROM is to new (it's a very new LG drive that reads bluray) or do i really need to install Vista with ICH9 drivers before i can install the MACosx 10.5.6?

tomorrow i try borrowing a another DVDROM and (if i can get it) a 10.5.6 macos copy. would it work with an older version, or a 10.5.7 version? if not, why?

yesterday i tried a workaround with installing the kalyway 10.5.2 version, and proceed there, and again the "resource busy" error, even though i formated it to "Macintosh journaled" there was no sign of "GUID".

can you help me out here? sorry for my poor english

Try buying a 10.5.6 retail disk.

D

Try buying a 10.5.6 retail disk.

D

Thanks for the fast answer :)

i would really rather work around spending 120€ not knowing if this'll work. Do you think that my problem is a result of a bad copy and that is unlikely that something else's causing this problem?

I would really appreciate it if you had any other idea

thanks again

Try using 10.5.7 AppleHDA kext and legacyHDA from stickpin's thread - as linked in my guide.

Well, i do use the 10.5.7 AppleHDA and get kernel panics with Betav5 from stickpins thread.

Thats why i changed to the other legacy kexts. AppleHDA changed fundamentally from 10.5.7 so it seems that all legacy HDA kexts have to be rewritten to work with 10.5.7 again.

Insanelymac had server problems yesterday.

I have obtained a retail copy of 10.5.6 and will be testing this on my board

i got stuck on the first part. Disk Utility in Mac keeps showing that my WD320GB is only 128GB. I have tried formatting to fat32, ntfs, hfs+ the whole 298GB but it still shows 128GB. Will be trying parition magic 8 now.

The 128GB Might be due to the Driver mode. I just set it to AHCI and got windows to work with it. Gonna try this again tomorrow. Will update :D

Thanks for the fast answer ;)

i would really rather work around spending 120€ not knowing if this'll work. Do you think that my problem is a result of a bad copy and that is unlikely that something else's causing this problem?

I would really appreciate it if you had any other idea

thanks again

Hi

I'm reluctant to offer you help on public forum when you are addmittedly in breach of copyright.

Also I think you can easily find the answer to your problem on this forum without my help.

D.

Well, i do use the 10.5.7 AppleHDA and get kernel panics with Betav5 from stickpins thread.

Thats why i changed to the other legacy kexts. AppleHDA changed fundamentally from 10.5.7 so it seems that all legacy HDA kexts have to be rewritten to work with 10.5.7 again.

I cant have changed that fundamentally, as I'm using it with stickpin's LegacyHDAController kext.

I can see some people are having problems with the LegacyHDA kext even with HDAEnabler.

I'm sure someone will come up with a fix soon.

D.

Thanks for this thread fiddles, and especially for following up with users!! major props.

Question: You mentioned Disabler causing a 'graphics freeze'.. when that happens, are you able to move your mouse around, but just get no response from applications? Then magically after say, 5-10 minutes, you're back to normal.. maybe with some screen garbage on the apps??

If so, you sir, have solved a MAJOR problem I've been having with OSX. and I thank you for it.

Now, Did merely removing Disabler.kext resolve it? Or did you have to do other things?

Thanks for this thread fiddles, and especially for following up with users!! major props.

Question: You mentioned Disabler causing a 'graphics freeze'.. when that happens, are you able to move your mouse around, but just get no response from applications? Then magically after say, 5-10 minutes, you're back to normal.. maybe with some screen garbage on the apps??

If so, you sir, have solved a MAJOR problem I've been having with OSX. and I thank you for it.

Now, Did merely removing Disabler.kext resolve it? Or did you have to do other things?

Hi Big

The freeze is momentary, with the mouse pointer or application graphic animation.

I had this problem with an nVidia 8600 GT GFX card and removing the disabler.kext cured it.

I've since changed to an ATI GFX card and have to admit am running happily with a CPUPowermanagment only disabler kext (for the sake of future updates.).

I don't know if the change of GFX card is the fix or the Powermanagment only disabler is.

Previous disabler kext i used was also knocking out EFIRuntime and SMCPlatform.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I'm guessing as you get control back after 5 mins or so your not suffering from a 4GB+RAM and a 32bit driver issue?

D.

Oh and by the way, changing the drive mode to

AHCI solved the 128gb quota.

Currently, for my board, i skipped the ACPI Patcher step as I previously had problems with it and it is in one of the posts in the ACPI PAtcher thread , and jumped to boot132 and it worked. Installed perfectly and i am currently using Leopard. I am now proceeding to install audio and then Chameleon. I'll update again. Thanks for the tut so far so good. :P

EDIT: Okay. Everything should be working fine. There's only one problem. Chameleon isnt working as it is supposed to be. It loads the GUI and when i select the Mac it boots up and then gives me a kernel panic if i am not wrong. The text where it asks you to restart your computer. But if i try to use the Boot132 disc and bootup, it boots fine. Any ideas?

P.S. I am still running on 10.5.6 Retail except with an extra audio driver installed and Chameleon. I do not want to update until i fix the Chameleon problem.

EDIT 2: Tried your method with the extensions mkext and that didn't work either. So if you have a work around please to tell me :)

EDIT: Okay. Everything should be working fine. There's only one problem. Chameleon isnt working as it is supposed to be. It loads the GUI and when i select the Mac it boots up and then gives me a kernel panic if i am not wrong. The text where it asks you to restart your computer. But if i try to use the Boot132 disc and bootup, it boots fine. Any ideas?

P.S. I am still running on 10.5.6 Retail except with an extra audio driver installed and Chameleon. I do not want to update until i fix the Chameleon problem.

EDIT 2: Tried your method with the extensions mkext and that didn't work either. So if you have a work around please to tell me ;)

Start in verbose mode and look what's causing the problems.

How do i start in verbose mode with Chameleon

Forget it. Figured out, here's a image of the error.

DSC02784.JPG

To get rid of that error please add a Disabler.kext to your chameleon Extra/Extensions folder and rebuild your Extensions.mkext.

I know it should work with a patched DSDT.aml as it does with my computer, but it looks like it's currently not working with your computer.

Sorry, i am confused now. I am kinda new to this. So by adding a disabler kext you meant what?

Regarding the DSDT.aml, i dont have one due to some error when i try to make one. i am using a different board, DFI LP P35 T2RS. The specs are almost the same so i thought i did try this tutorial out, for the ACPI Patcher error, its in the thread by one of our members, stellarola i think.

Sorry, i am confused now. I am kinda new to this. So by adding a disabler kext you meant what?

Regarding the DSDT.aml, i dont have one due to some error when i try to make one. i am using a different board, DFI LP P35 T2RS. The specs are almost the same so i thought i did try this tutorial out, for the ACPI Patcher error, its in the thread by one of our members, stellarola i think.

Cathul is right.

Because you don't have the DSDT.aml file in EFI/Extra you must have the disabler.kext either compiled to Extensions.mkext or present in EFI/Extra/Extensions/

a Diabler.kext is linked in the Update to 10.5.7 section of this guide.

D.

Ok. now i managed to install macos in a 10.5.6 version.

installing chameleon,

starting the terminal,...

and then after

>> mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI <<

i get

>> Invalid argument <<

in the installation I erased the whole disk. and splited it in 3 Partitions using GUID

one (100GB for Mac) in 'Mac journaled' and two in FAT32 (for my future XP and DATA)

thanks

Ok. now i managed to install macos in a 10.5.6 version.

installing chameleon,

starting the terminal,...

and then after

>> mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI <<

i get

>> Invalid argument <<

in the installation I erased the whole disk. and splited it in 3 Partitions using GUID

one (100GB for Mac) in 'Mac journaled' and two in FAT32 (for my future XP and DATA)

thanks

Install chameleon again. If that doesn't work reformat it manually according to Munkys guide.

Install chameleon again. If that doesn't work reformat it manually according to Munkys guide.

ok thanks, that helped! just installed it over again.

now everything works, except my audio still dont work, and shutdown and restart dont work, now im wondering if any of the kexts work, because i installed a raw IPC version 10.5.6. with just the vanilla kernel and than followed this guide. so internet and so were allready working

i chose the elegant version (tow the .mkext) is it possible to reverse it and create the extension folder in the EFI volume again? because i think that the extension.mkext isnt working. it is also much smaller (32KB)than my 'EFI extensions' folder(228KB).

or is there another way to include kexts in the EFI loader without creating a .mkext?

thanks to everyone so far for you help

ok thanks, that helped! just installed it over again.

now everything works, except my audio still dont work, and shutdown and restart dont work, now im wondering if any of the kexts work, because i installed a raw IPC version 10.5.6. with just the vanilla kernel and than followed this guide. so internet and so were allready working

i chose the elegant version (tow the .mkext) is it possible to reverse it and create the extension folder in the EFI volume again? because i think that the extension.mkext isnt working. it is also much smaller (32KB)than my 'EFI extensions' folder(228KB).

or is there another way to include kexts in the EFI loader without creating a .mkext?

thanks to everyone so far for you help

Strickly speaking this thread if for a retail install. I don't know what additional/patched kexts are included in your IPC install so can't really help.

Audio is a struggle for a lot of people who have upgraded to 10.5.7. Have a read of the forums but it looks like the easyest solution is to use AppleHDA from 10.5.6, I have linked to this kext further up this thread.

use 'kextstat' command in terminal to see which kexts have loaded.

D

If you have patched audio with DSDT.aml you don't need HDAEnabler.

Have a read of koalala's thread here if you've patched correctly (koalala's patcher should be patching your BIOS fine with no errors and no need to do any further messing around.), pin config and config data are reported correctly from DSDT.aml file (this is also the function HDAEnabler serves.) Layout ID however isn't, which is why we still need the Lagacy HDAKext.

Having done some messing around I've found you only need the LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext - the correct layout id for ALC889a is in this plist only kext!

Here's my Extensions.mkext.zip from my /EFI/Extra/ folder

I've heard some reports that bonjour works without Psystars R1000 kext and some, like yourself, that it doesn't.

Untill I've tested myself I'm going to reserve judgment. But if it works for you, good on ya!

D.

I have tried everything I could think of to try to make the audio work (GA-P35-DS3P v. 2.0, ALC889) - no luck.

Using fiddeles' EFI kexts ( just to be sure), I get no output input/output devices (no sound icon in menu bar on upper right) with kexts in 'Extension' folder. If I generate mkext from extensions and remove Extensions folder, I get KP.

Seems very tricky to make audio work this way.

Has anybody else been able to make it work?

if yes, please publish some details.

I have tried everything I could think of to try to make the audio work (GA-P35-DS3P v. 2.0, ALC889) - no luck.

Using fiddeles' EFI kexts ( just to be sure), I get no output input/output devices (no sound icon in menu bar on upper right) with kexts in 'Extension' folder. If I generate mkext from extensions and remove Extensions folder, I get KP.

Seems very tricky to make audio work this way.

Has anybody else been able to make it work?

if yes, please publish some details.

are you updated to 10.5.7?

Yes, I am at 10.5.7.

Which 10.5.6 kexts should I restore?

I posted further up this thread the 10.5.6 AppleHDA wich has 2 slightly modified plists for ALC889a.

If you have DSDT patched for audio this kext will work without need for HDAEnabler or LegacyHDA.

D.

I posted further up this thread the 10.5.6 AppleHDA wich has 2 slightly modified plists for ALC889a.

If you have DSDT patched for audio this kext will work without need for HDAEnabler or LegacyHDA.

D.

Yes, the modified 10.5.6 kext works. Thanks!!!

Is it difficult to patch the 10.5.7 version?