Kismac Wifi Scanner / Cracker Unibin

rollfaster

28 posts in this topic

Hey folks!

I'm one of the co-developers of the program called Kismac. Today we released our first stable version in over a year, with many bug fixes, feature editions, and universal binary status. The features are listed on the digg site below. I use it on my Hackintosh, and it works as well (if not better) than on my ppc. You need a prism2 usb cards for full functionality, a card like the dwl-122. Check out the website, and come visit us on IRC with any questions:

http://kismac.de

#kismac on irc.freenode.net

Digg it: http://www.digg.com/apple/KisMac_0.21a_-_N...assive_stumbler. (needs the period at the end)

Rollfaster

Hey folks!

I'm one of the co-developers of the program called Kismac. Today we released our first stable version in over a year, with many bug fixes, feature editions, and universal binary status. The features are listed on the digg site below. I use it on my Hackintosh, and it works as well (if not better) than on my ppc. You need a prism2 usb cards for full functionality, a card like the dwl-122. Check out the website, and come visit us on IRC with any questions:

http://kismac.de

#kismac on irc.freenode.net

Digg it: http://www.digg.com/apple/KisMac_0.21a_-_N...assive_stumbler. (needs the period at the end)

Rollfaster

Kismac'rs like OSx86. Hardcore.

I've gotten a lot of inquiries about that, and unfortunately, the prism2 usb driver used in Kismac is only a userspace driver. There is no actual kext that can be implemented in os x, like the other pcmcia drivers, and thus a new one would have to be coded from the ground up. I've been looking around on the boards here about progress with WirelessDriver, but I haven't seen a fully working version yet. Sorry about that. You could, however, use Atherojack.kext for Atheros 5212 cards, though the airport driver seems to recognize them anyways.

that´s too bad....

on other hand, could you give Tuxx and the others some help in geting ipw2200 (intel pro wireless 2200) running???

You seem to know a lot of wireles drivers, and they are missing the 80211 implementation ¿only?.

that would be greatly appreciated!!

tattootroy: PowerPC based Mac

rollfaster: I look forward to improved Atheros support on x86 and am glad to know that is being worked on. Kismac is by far the best program of it's kind (this is putting against linux and windows apps as well).

I am assuming that all of us that have enabled broadcom wireless adapters by modifying the included kext will only have active mode. Mine tries to enable passive mode but fails. Linksys WPC54GS card.

Any hope that I can get this card functioning in passive mode? how can the driver put this card into monitor mode? is this even possible with this card on linux?

Thanks

well, since i'm nearly the only one with an x86 mac, I am the one who is discovering all of the endian issues with the program. Right now usb NICs work great, the prism2 ones, if you want the program to work now, buy one. PCI cards are another matter atm. I have a netgear wg311t which is recognized as airport extreme, and works in active mode. It does not, however work in passive mode as there are endian issues with accessing the lower level functions of the card. All I can say is that we will be working on it in the future. Obviously, it is a lower priority than other issues with the program because there are almost no users on the x86 platform with computers that take PCI cards. We'll keep working on it though, look for improved compatibility in this thread in the future. When I get my PCI card working, I'll report back here.

Er... hi guys. Please dont flame me for being a noob but I came across this forum by accident and now I'm absolutely intrigued by this KisMac.

I'm wondering if I have it right and if anyone can verify this for me.

It seems to me that KisMac is some kind of scanning program that detects WiFi networks withing a certain radius. It then alows you to connect to the network and thus be connected to the internet. Additionally it helps you decrypt data being passed over the network.

Now I'm not really interested in data but being connected via a cracked network could be very handy at times.

Please, I know it sounds dumb but can anyone fill me in a bit more about this? I'm fascinated. :gathering:

Thanks guys

Spike

• 2 weeks later...

hello spike .. there is ton of info on the kismac website , check it out ..

i got fed up of could'nt installing osx86 on my laptop so i went out and bought a ibook g4 1.33mgz and a dwl-122 usb

i craked one dudes wep code 40 bit . but cant crack 128 bit wep

hope you guys can make this possible with out having to collect loads of iv in the future ,, great app great work

psst: normally wep crackers and the like are for "testing the security of your own network". It's typically best to not go running around saying what we all know they are used for on a daily basis.

On that note. I've yet to crack anything except a 64bit WEP network... in about 5 minutes start to finish with kismac. It takes a long time to gather a decent amount of packets if you are just passively capturing data without creating it, but I've found that kismac seems to capture more then any other solutions I've tried short of creating the traffic myself.

Here's a quick update: The latest build, r148, does passive mode on atheros cards. I tested it with my netgear wg311t on my osx86 box, and it works. It also works on my shiny new macbook, very exciting. I'll keep you posted if there are any important changes that especially affect intel/atheros configs (such as when we get injection for those setups :) ).

RF

Hi guys,

Thanks for your input and yes Rogabean, point taken on the old security issue. I have told no one.

Anyway I got KisMac up and running on my PowerBook 1.67 but I seem to be having some problems with it.

I detects loads of neworks but I can seem to crack any of them. Even with loads of data packets and waiting for the full attack to finish in the window. Do I need something else or am I missing a vital step?

Any help would be very much appreciated cos I reckon it's a very cool program if I can get it to work.

Thanks

Spike

Oh hang on.

PCMCIA card. Do I need one of those? I think I do don't I?

What role does the PCMCIA card play in the KisMac process? And should I get one that is recomended in the KisMac FAQ because I actually have one but I've no idea what It will do, if anything at all.

Is it just a matter of slotting it into the side or will there be some configuration to do?

Thanks

Spike