NTLoader+ISOEmu+Chameleon-2.0RC1-r431

31 posts in this topic

• 3 months later...

hi twilight.lee,

do you feel like creating a version with Chameleon RC2 :) ?

BTW, I am using Grub4DOS successfully:

title Mac OS x86 via Chameleon 2 RC2 Bootloader
kernel (hd0,0)/Cham2RC2.bot

title Mac OS x86 via Chameleon 2 RC1 Bootloader
kernel (hd0,0)/Cham2RC1.bot

title Mac OS x86 via Chameleon 2 RC1 BootISO
map --mem /chameleo.iso (hd32)
map --hook
chainloader (hd32)
boot

both approaches work 100%. As you can see i renamed the two RC boot files.

• 3 weeks later...

I got this working using XP's bootloader and putting c:\ieldr in boot.ini, but like others, I found it won't work with Vista.

I used EasyBCD beta build 63 to install the vista bootloader (I had vista installed already but its bootloader got overwritten when I installed XP).  This bootloader actually does still show you the option from boot.ini for c:\ieldr but when you select it, it just says

Try (hd0,0): extended or non-MS: skip

Try (hd0,1): extended or non-MS: skip

Error

I renamed isoemu.ini to something else and got the same error, then I renamed ieldr and got an error about unable to find ieldr, so I think the problem is ieldr can't find isoemu.ini because it thinks the two partitions are nothing it recognizes.  I'm not sure why that is, but since the last update to ieldr was in 2005, I don't think it's going to be fixed.

Instead of using isoemu, I used EasyBCD's standard EFI OSX boot menu option (which actually just invokes NeoGrub, so behind the scenes it's probably similar to using BugsB's suggestion of Grub4DOS) and a trick of pointing EasyBCD to Chameleon 2's "boot" file as described on page 4 of this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...2582&st=160

• 3 weeks later...
it shows me a error

Windows could not start because the following files is missing or corrupt

<windows root> system/hal.dll

Please re-install a copy of the above file.

hey people c'mon answer his question please =( I have the same problem =(((

• 1 month later...

could you help me? i messed up the bootloader of my system... now i wanna make me an chameleon usb stick (here im on windows xp) i tired with ntldr and with grub4dos.. nuttin works (think that c: in boot ini doestn mean to look no the usbstick but i dont know how to set the right boot.ini entry that it starts the chameleo.iso from the usb sick

my current state is:

on USBSTICK:

ntldr working

boot.ini reading working

read ieldr with chameleo.iso << doesnt work

used the entry ieldr c:/and so on