Bought Tiger

mjn

16 posts in this topic

Today, I have went ahead to buy a Tiger package.

After using OSX86, it was great and i can use MAC again.

I know its pointless, Don't care about license. but to pay for the Apples' effort and its developers(who needs to eat also).. I went ahead to buy 2 Tiger package.

some might laugh or think i am crazy... but its too great to be able to use this OS..

I didn't buy hw because its going to migrate next year (right?)... but i would if intel version is released.

thanks to all the Heros here who made the OSX86 available.

**it hurts to spend couple month of pocket money..... but at least, now i feel comfortable to myself.

well nothing much, just my thoughts.....

admin, pls delete this if you think its garbage.

Nice try. Many people will honour that...but for sure it does not compensate the "crime" you commit by installing, patching, using OSx86. Therefore I think it is rather dumb if you are short of money. Those Apple developers do not really need the 2 cent they might get out of your pocket. With your presence in this forum you obviously support warez piracy - even if "everything is in compliance with the $%&%". I think you would really help them if you would try to convince people like me to stop searching for and using tricks to get OSX running - for sure all this knowledge will help us later to crack a public release of OSx86.

It might help your conscience - fine. Placebos are greately appreciated. But if you want to tell us sth. really intersting: Ask Apple what they think about this...compensation.

Finally...I really understand your intention. But why do you tell everyone? Sic tacuisses philosophus mansisses - if you had kept silent, you would have stayed a philosopher...

Wow jodo way to get on a high horse. At least he is trying by showing support to the devs who made the program. It may be a piddle amount to them BUT they are making the money at least, and oh let me quote

With your presence in this forum you obviously support warez piracy - even if "everything is in compliance with the $%&%".

Then wtf are you doing here you self righteous hypocrite?

Wow jodo way to get on a high horse. At least he is trying by showing support to the devs who made the program.  It may be a piddle amount to them BUT they are making the money at least, and oh let me quote

Then wtf are you doing here you self righteous hypocrite?

Calm down - did you never learn simplest discussion manners? Just to explain it for you and just you, my friend:

For me its ok to copy OSx86, install it in vmware, delete it again, patch it, do whatever I like. And I know it is illegal and I know that I could be blamed for that. I know that for some people I am a "bad guy" and they are right. Sometimes I feel sorry for that. That's the price...hoepfully the only one I have to pay.

Doing bad things is a bad thing. Doing bad things while knowing that they are bad is even worse.

But the worst thing from my "self righteous hypocritical" point of view is doing something bad, knowing about that fact and then doing something (quite uneffective) else for compensating and in some manner also justifying the bad doings - although it would be sooo easy to stop the bad doings.

And then the "good deed" is published so that everyone knows that the bad guy isn't that bad because he did something altruistic. Otherwise of course it wouldn't work for everyone - the people have to accept the "compensation" THAT is hypocratical thinking and doing and it is everyhwhere out there. People buying furniture made out of rainforest donate for saving another part of rainforest, feel okay with that and plan to buy their next rainforest seat. But the simple fact is: It does not undo the death of trees for their furniture. Just to give an example.

One simple fact: OSx86 is Apples property. Apple put work into this OS. Apple put money into this OS. Apple has a clear and easy to understand policy what they want people to do with their OS and what they don't want them to do. The only compensation we can get is that Apple says: Hey guys, its OK - I don't feel hurt by your doings. No one else can "forgive".

As I said I understand the intention of buying a Tiger copy for helping the conscience . I just want to give a hint what would help conscience most - stop using OSx86. And I wanted to express...yeah, thanks for the term...that buying those tiger copy is nothing else but hypocritical doing. Even if it might be based on a good intention...

And tomorrow we will learn something about conversation culture...

Again with the self righteous, intellectual talking down tone. I wont even bother debating this. Let other people judge your comments. You need to take your own advice about dialogue and conversation by the way. Its part of why you got a reaction in the first place.

Using SAT words and Latin may make you appear smarter but anyone who comprehends can see thru your {censored}. You explain morality as if you are an expert in it. This is what makes YOU a hypocrite. If you are so much so again why are you here? I use plain language for ALL to understand not veil my comments in a complex sea of words.

Let others judge I have no intrest in turning this thread into a flamefest. I just wanted to speak out against jodo who spoke out against mjn who was trying to ease his concience and got railed for it. I have no intrest in replying to your comments so reply if you wish but you will get ignored by me on this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Honestly... I don't think there is anything wrong with the 'try before you buy' philosophy. Honestly, I NEVER had an intention of getting a Mac.

Guess what? Now that I've used OS X, you can be damn sure that once the x86 Mactels hit the shelf, one will proudly be living in my front room and if my PC is lucky, it will be allowed to remain on the desk.

• 1 month later...
Today, I have went ahead to buy a Tiger package.

After using OSX86, it was great and i can use MAC again.

I know its pointless, Don't care about license. but to pay for the Apples' effort and its developers(who needs to eat also).. I went ahead to buy 2 Tiger package.

some might laugh or think i am crazy... but its too great to be able to use this OS..

I didn't buy hw because its going to migrate next year (right?)... but i would if intel version is released.

thanks to all the Heros here who made the OSX86 available.

**it hurts to spend couple month of pocket money..... but at least, now i feel comfortable to myself.

well nothing much, just my thoughts.....

admin, pls delete this if you think its garbage.

In my personal opinion, you did the best what your conscience dictate to you. Apple should be supported in survival against M$, at list we can have an alternate OS beside Linux. When is released final version, for sure Im gonna buy my copy.