knutselaar, on Oct 20 2009, 07:47 AM, said:
Thanx for this! Working smooth with SL 10.6.1.
I simply made a restore to a usb disk, created a stripe with 2x 250gb and restored it back to the raid.
Then followed a guide which had me hanging at the boot1: error. I then did the fdisk part and it worked!
First, thanks for sharing your experience.
I'm trying to understand how to use my hdd in raid 0 mode. I will tell you how I consider to proceed :
- boot on my current SL partition
- use disk utility to create one partition in raid 0 mode. (I'm not sure but if the apple raid is a software raid, it's possible to convert only a part of the available space, isn't it ?).
- execute the two following command :
sudo fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /rdiskX
sudo fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /rdiskY
- reboot using my USB FlashDrive that allows me to select the drive to boot on
- select the current SL (non raid) partition
- create a new ghost (.dmg) with the content of that partition
- restore it to the raid partition
- delete the non raid partition and create other raid 0 partitions with all the available space
Do you think, I'm in the right way or not ? (forgive me if I'm telling enormous mistakes with an awful english