Dear Ed

11 posts in this topic

The theme is irrelevant. What really pisses me off is Ed's insistence to post random news he leeched from another site (without their permission afaik) just to make revenue.

{censored} fubra.

You can just change the theme back you know -> box on the bottom left

That's not really what I'm worried about (my account defaults to ip.board pro). I was thinking of making the post more verbose, airing everything in detail, but in keeping with what appears to be a small, but noticeable theme, a lesser degree of verbosity gets people reading, which makes any protest eventually more productive than hearing "tl;dr".

I'm a rather casual user (as my post count would dictate), so the layout isn't a significant issue, but the speed boost from being on the no-frills layout is great for my needs :)

The theme is irrelevant. What really pisses me off is Ed's insistence to post random news he leeched from another site (without their permission afaik) just to make revenue.

{censored} fubra.

Yeah that is a lot worse than the stupid theme (which I also hate), since when did InsanelyMac become a news site Ed? :angry2:

Yeah that is a lot worse than the stupid theme (which I also hate), since when did InsanelyMac become a news site Ed? :angry2:

I hear that, but I think a bit more news than before is good. There's a balance...some of the {censored} on there now probably doesn't apply to the community that much.

why would you bother reading news on a dysfunctional site. you can get all the latest news off engadget and gizmodo. all this site does is copy engadget, and pretty late as well

Yeah that is a lot worse than the stupid theme (which I also hate), since when did InsanelyMac become a news site Ed? ;)

I think it became a news site after complaints that the front page was sometimes not updated for over a month, missing some important community breakthroughs. They seem to have over-compensated, and now have any old {censored} there.

• 1 month later...
I think it became a news site after complaints that the front page was sometimes not updated for over a month, missing some important community breakthroughs. They seem to have over-compensated, and now have any old {censored} there.

Thread is pretty much dead, but for the sake of revival...

I don't think this is a news site at all, much less a site for anything else. The attempts to revive InsanelyMac are admirable, and I must applaud those that are trying (since I believe in giving credit where credit is due), however to try and bring IM back may prove to be a futile exercise, considering how long it went before anybody did anything.

Only time will tell.