THANKS SO MUCH (radeon 3870)

RocknRoller

4 posts in this topic

hey mitch,

i want to thank you so much!!! thxthxthxthx...my Sapphire 3870 works with QE/CI now ;)

for those who want to know how i did it:

i did a fresh install using ipc 10.5.6 without Video driver, booted on first restart with -x, ran efistudio_extended and chose megadlon.

after that and before second restart i did "repair disc permissions" with disc utilitys.

then i restarted and crossed fingers...then i JUMPED and JUMPED and SCREAMED and SCREAMED and SMILED ;)

greets fly out to all the ppl who try to get osx on their pc running just for the fun of it :D

hey mitch,

i want to thank you so much!!! thxthxthxthx...my Sapphire 3870 works with QE/CI now :D

for those who want to know how i did it:

i did a fresh install using ipc 10.5.6 without Video driver, booted on first restart with -x, ran efistudio_extended and chose megadlon.

after that and before second restart i did "repair disc permissions" with disc utilitys.

then i restarted and crossed fingers...then i JUMPED and JUMPED and SCREAMED and SCREAMED and SMILED :(

greets fly out to all the ppl who try to get osx on their pc running just for the fun of it :P

It's so great to see people in joy like you :(

I bought a Sapphire 3850, I will see if it will work like yours, normally yes but I don't want to talk too fast...

A big Thank you to people who shares their experiences, around the world.

Off topic: I want also to encourage people to buy a copy of leopard... Like many others we have a Mac (I have two mini).. And it's not so expensive, instead of a copy from "Macro The Soft".. their prices are the triple (More?) .. see what I mean wink_anim.gif

Have a good day,night..

hey mitch,

i want to thank you so much!!! thxthxthxthx...my Sapphire 3870 works with QE/CI now ;)

is this a sapphire 3870 silent (aka ultimate) by any chance?

i got one and can´t get it running under 10.5.6 .. 10.5.5 is fine, but under 10.5.6 with or without efi strings it is just resolution but no qe/ci ..

is this a sapphire 3870 silent (aka ultimate) by any chance?

i got one and can´t get it running under 10.5.6 .. 10.5.5 is fine, but under 10.5.6 with or without efi strings it is just resolution but no qe/ci ..

mine is not a silent 3870.

did u try a fresh install and efistudio_extended?

if not, pls tell the steps of your installing.

bye