[Suggestion] Size of Signatures

12 posts in this topic

This is just an idea, but on many of the forums I frequent, there is a signature size rule. However, this forum doesn't seem to have one.

Here are just a few examples which I happen to think are ridiculous:

I was thinking that we limit the amount of lines to a max of 7 or 8, and if it includes images, a max height of maybe 115 pixels...?

This is just a suggestion, but I regularly find myself scrolling through posts which take up a few lines, and then maybe 15 lines of signature text.

How to get around this problem is simple. Don't use enter so often! :(

This is a perfect example of how I think you could organise your signature's content:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?s=...ndpost&p=100699

Although that signature looks massive, it only takes up 7 lines and has plenty of information!

So, what do you think?

disagree. imposing something (creating a rule) like sig doesn't work. The board admin can always limit the image dimensions but it's kind of hard to limit the amount or size of texts. I say just throw the person(s) a PM asking them make it smaller.

disagree. imposing something (creating a rule) like sig doesn't work. The board admin can always limit the image dimensions but it's kind of hard to limit the amount or size of texts. I say just throw the person(s) a PM asking them make it smaller.

I understand where you are coming from, but I am registered at another forum where there is a limit as to how many characters you can have in your signature. So, I'm sure there must be some kind of plugin available which can limit how many lines of text you have... (the forum was phpBB though)

And as other has said: " Its not hard at all to limit the size :) "

We have actually been dealing with this informally for some time, & I have been meaning to contact quietus (the latest to come to my attention ´) but havent actually got round to it..

Im not sure whether there is an official guideline, but users have so far always responded to a reasonable request that they limit their sig. length.