• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

titangate

titangate

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
btw,how did you make the menu horizontal? i used your theme but the boot option still shows as a dropdown menu.
thank you for your great work

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts

Yeah, all submissions should have screenshots. How would you grab a screen shot via the bootloader; only way I know of now is to composite something close in Photoshop. Share the technique to capture it and I'll dump the few I've created along with some screencaps.

Thanks!

-- Wolfer

It's as you said Wolfer, composite it up in Photoshop.

I have the same Question /
How they took screen shot at bootloader level

Only other way is to take a photograph of the screen.

Kabyl

Kabyl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired Developers
  • 170 posts
Use a VM (VMWare, QEMU, Parallels..), you can even make a demo. video.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts

Use a VM (VMWare, QEMU, Parallels..), you can even make a demo. video.

Oh yeah!.. Didn't think of that...
I can use that for testing rather then rebooting all the time. Doh!

Nice one! ;)

SaCleoCheater

SaCleoCheater

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Macs, GTA, TV, Tech, Humor
Nice, thanks for these!

Here are some boot logos that I had collected. Rename them from boot1 boot2 ect... to boot.png

Attached Files

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts

Nice, thanks for these!

Here are some boot logos that I had collected. Rename them from boot1 boot2 ect... to boot.png

Great. Very nostalgic.. I've used one already! Thanks

SaCleoCheater

SaCleoCheater

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Great. Very nostalgic.. I've used one already! Thanks

lol your welcome!

which one did you use?

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts

lol your welcome!

which one did you use?

I used boot2, it reminds me of the old Quadra 700 I used to use.

SaCleoCheater

SaCleoCheater

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

I used boot2, it reminds me of the old Quadra 700 I used to use.

Yea, I always used to like the old  68k, in fact, there's an old Performa in my bedroom!

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts

Yea, I always used to like the old  68k, in fact, there's an old Performa in my bedroom!

LOL

Here's another Theme, I've called this one BOOT.
Again I use 1680x1050 so I don't know how it will look at other resolutions.

Enjoy
:)

Attached Files

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts
Just been playing with some more ideas... I thought this looked cool, but it won't work.
The way I see things is the graphic options of the Chameleon bootloader are a bonus and the functional code is the important part. I understand there are limitations in the amount of space available, but if we could keep the file sizes moderately small, would things like this be possible?

Attached Files

• Attached File  Idea.jpg   46.03KB   254 downloads

xRotorHead

xRotorHead

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
This is probably a dumb question...but here goes. With the new Chameleon v2 GUI, how do you assign different png icons to different partitions? i.e. I've got 2 partitions on one HDD, one with OsX on it, the other is just GPT storage space and I have 2 partitions on yet another drive that are NTFS, one of which has Vista the other is just NTFS storage. I'd like to designate each with different png icons. Is that possible?

Props to all those who contributed to this awesome piece of work. It is a remarkable bit of code that deserves much kudos to its designers. Thanks for all that you do.

titangate

titangate

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Nice, thanks for these!

love boot4. but i prefer your user image ;)

ѕӎѳѳ₮ңӌ

ѕӎѳѳ₮ңӌ

InsanelyMac Leg-End

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Interests:DUH!!

You asked same question in somewhere else ?
I replied there
just change the values of screen resolution in theme.plist

i already did that, but it left the apple and the spinner still stretched.

the squished image worked perfectly, albeit the spinner is still stretched but i can live with that. perhaps it is because im pushing it to 30" resolution?

yeh i posted it in 2 threads, mainly because i thought each thread sounded like a better place to post (if that makes sense), plus i asked again before you answered me in the first thread ;)

AndreaGalileo

AndreaGalileo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Well done everybody on your work. The boot camp one has come on great.

This is the result of my latest playing about, the Welcome Badge theme.
I have been playing again with position of items and I've tried the vertical device list.

It works with regards to displaying the devices, and selecting the menu with the left key press. Problem is though keyboard input is then no longer accepted and you can't select the menu options. So I defaulted back using to horizontal device list.

I have attached a separate theme.plist for vertical devices so you can see what happens if you choose to install it for testing. If anyone thinks this is useful then we'll maybe ask the Chameleon team for further support of this?, but if it's not really needed then we won't bother. Just a thought :D

I use 1680 x 1050 so I don't know how it'll look at other resolutions.

The folder icons were from http://www.iconarchi...ackup-icon.html. I just changed the colours.

Thanks blackosx, i love this theme! :)

How do you hide the partitions you don't want to see? I have a total of 9 partitions on 4 disks and would like to hide some. Thanks! :)

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts

Thanks blackosx, i love this theme! ;)

How do you hide the partitions you don't want to see? I have a total of 9 partitions on 4 disks and would like to hide some. Thanks! :)

Thanks AndreaGalileo, I don't know how to hide partitions etc.. I have seen this question asked a few times in various places. Hopefully someone else knows the answer.

Another theme.... This time a Purple one.
I use 1680x150 so I don't know how it will look at other resolutions.

Enjoy
:)

Attached Files

fassl

fassl

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 623 posts

Just been playing with some more ideas... I thought this looked cool, but it won't work.
The way I see things is the graphic options of the Chameleon bootloader are a bonus and the functional code is the important part. I understand there are limitations in the amount of space available, but if we could keep the file sizes moderately small, would things like this be possible?

Hey blackosx, this is a really nice idea. But i dont see where the problem is, the file size limit we have is just the bootloader itself, this size limit we dont have in the unembedded png's (/Extra/themes/...)

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts

Hey blackosx, this is a really nice idea. But i dont see where the problem is, the file size limit we have is just the bootloader itself, this size limit we dont have in the unembedded png's (/Extra/themes/...)

Oh.. I have interpreted it wrong then. When I read this from the Chameleon page..

"With the current set of icons, images, fonts embedded, the booter size is about 300k. Without embedding the resources you will get about a 110k large booter. The maximum size of the booter is 392704 bytes (383.5k)."

I thought everything was included in the file size limit and that limit was 383.5k.
Thanks for pointing it out to me.
;)

AppleIIGuy

AppleIIGuy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Well I modified alanlcarlos's Bootcamp theme to have a more Classic Apple look.

Attached File  CIMG0096.JPG   94.91KB   200 downloads Attached File  CIMG0095.JPG   74.92KB   388 downloads Attached File  CIMG0094.JPG   110.28KB   137 downloads Attached File  CIMG0093.JPG   87.34KB   156 downloads

Attached File  IIGS_Chameleon.zip   612.22KB   168 downloads

Enjoy!

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts
Help Question?:
A problem I did have it this..
The large icon displays at the first bootloader screen, but when looking to select a device the large icon gets cropped (See attached pics for reference). What settings do I need in the theme.plist to allow the large graphics to display?

Can anybody help give me some details? Thanks in advance, as this will allow me to make some full size pics..which I think will look totally amazing.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy