Chameleon v2 Artworks

118 posts in this topic

Well done everybody on your work. The boot camp one has come on great.

This is the result of my latest playing about, the Welcome Badge theme.

I have been playing again with position of items and I've tried the vertical device list.

It works with regards to displaying the devices, and selecting the menu with the left key press. Problem is though keyboard input is then no longer accepted and you can't select the menu options. So I defaulted back using to horizontal device list.

I have attached a separate theme.plist for vertical devices so you can see what happens if you choose to install it for testing. If anyone thinks this is useful then we'll maybe ask the Chameleon team for further support of this?, but if it's not really needed then we won't bother. Just a thought ;)

I use 1680 x 1050 so I don't know how it'll look at other resolutions.

The folder icons were from http://www.iconarchive.com/show/blend-icon...ackup-icon.html. I just changed the colours.

post-331032-1238870622_thumb.jpg

Blackosx_WelcomeBadge.zip

Vertical_Theme_plist.zip

post-331032-1238877870_thumb.jpg

screenshot?

will the default apple logo look stretched when booting on a widescreen display? if so can you release a squished one, so that on a widescreen display it plumps out correctly?

You asked same question in somewhere else ?

I replied there

just change the values of screen resolution in theme.plist

post-76244-1238872851_thumb.png

@karaakeha1: that only works with 8/9XXX series cards. i myself have a 7600gs and while you can increase the resolution, it HAS to be 4:3 ratio. kinda sucks really. i don't do anything graphic intensive so i'm actually considering getting a cheap 8600 or something just to be able to use native res.

I have been playing again with position of items and I've tried the vertical device list.

It works with regards to displaying the devices, and selecting the menu with the left key press. Problem is though keyboard input is then no longer accepted and you can't select the menu options. So I defaulted back using to horizontal device list.

I have attached a separate theme.plist for vertical devices so you can see what happens if you choose to install it for testing. If anyone thinks this is useful then we'll maybe ask the Chameleon team for further support of this?, but if it's not really needed then we won't bother. Just a thought :rolleyes:

I am liking that drop shadow, blackosx, very nice! Anything that gets away from the flat 2d look is good news to me.

hi all

is there a way to disable the top-left part chameleon text in this ?

thanks.

I do, but the way is to modify the binary since the source is not shipped yet. so i don't think it was a good idea to share the binary.

or maybe you can make "font_console.png" color the same as your background.

Yeah, all submissions should have screenshots. How would you grab a screen shot via the bootloader; only way I know of now is to composite something close in Photoshop. Share the technique to capture it and I'll dump the few I've created along with some screencaps.

Thanks!

-- Wolfer

I have the same Question /

How they took screen shot at bootloader level

Yeah, all submissions should have screenshots. How would you grab a screen shot via the bootloader; only way I know of now is to composite something close in Photoshop. Share the technique to capture it and I'll dump the few I've created along with some screencaps.

Thanks!

-- Wolfer

It's as you said Wolfer, composite it up in Photoshop.

I have the same Question /

How they took screen shot at bootloader level

Only other way is to take a photograph of the screen.

I used boot2, it reminds me of the old Quadra 700 I used to use.

Yea, I always used to like the old  68k, in fact, there's an old Performa in my bedroom!

Just been playing with some more ideas... I thought this looked cool, but it won't work.

The way I see things is the graphic options of the Chameleon bootloader are a bonus and the functional code is the important part. I understand there are limitations in the amount of space available, but if we could keep the file sizes moderately small, would things like this be possible?

post-331032-1238969921_thumb.jpg

This is probably a dumb question...but here goes. With the new Chameleon v2 GUI, how do you assign different png icons to different partitions? i.e. I've got 2 partitions on one HDD, one with OsX on it, the other is just GPT storage space and I have 2 partitions on yet another drive that are NTFS, one of which has Vista the other is just NTFS storage. I'd like to designate each with different png icons. Is that possible?

Props to all those who contributed to this awesome piece of work. It is a remarkable bit of code that deserves much kudos to its designers. Thanks for all that you do.

You asked same question in somewhere else ?

I replied there

i already did that, but it left the apple and the spinner still stretched.

the squished image worked perfectly, albeit the spinner is still stretched but i can live with that. perhaps it is because im pushing it to 30" resolution?

yeh i posted it in 2 threads, mainly because i thought each thread sounded like a better place to post (if that makes sense), plus i asked again before you answered me in the first thread ;)

I have attached a separate theme.plist for vertical devices so you can see what happens if you choose to install it for testing. If anyone thinks this is useful then we'll maybe ask the Chameleon team for further support of this?, but if it's not really needed then we won't bother. Just a thought :D

The folder icons were from http://www.iconarchive.com/show/blend-icon...ackup-icon.html. I just changed the colours.

Thanks blackosx, i love this theme! :)

How do you hide the partitions you don't want to see? I have a total of 9 partitions on 4 disks and would like to hide some. Thanks! :)