• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

nebulOSX

nebulOSX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

@nebulOSX: gotta say, at the moment i think you're mod of alan carlos's skin's my favourite. i love default stuff so it's nearly perfect. noticed one little bug though... when you push down on a HD to get the advanced options, the box that surrounds all the options has a bigger curve on the corner than the highlight box. this causes the highlight to overlap and looks a little out. i would attempt to tweak it myself but i'm terrible in photoshop, lol.

When it comes to computers and UI setups, I am very "OCDish" .. haha, can't believe I didn't notice that! will work on it now, sir!

El Massman

El Massman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

When it comes to computers and UI setups, I am very "OCDish"

i feel your pain brother, lol.

nebulOSX

nebulOSX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Ok, done... attached in my original alanlcarlos mod post.

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.

Ok, done... attached in my original alanlcarlos mod post.

Thank you VERY much nebulOSX. I love your boot camp theme, now all what's left is to install windows and linux to use the new boot loader.

Once again, thanks.
Dr. Hurt

nebulOSX

nebulOSX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Thank you VERY much nebulOSX. I love your boot camp theme, now all what's left is to install windows and linux to use the new boot loader.

Once again, thanks.
Dr. Hurt

Think of it as a thank you for the GMA950 graphics fix!

El Massman

El Massman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
that's spot on now. thanks for all the hard work. it looks amazing. i'm actually considering getting a new graphic card so i can use this bootloader at native res!

nebulOSX

nebulOSX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

also, does anyone know how to remove the countdown bar? i've tried removing the strings relating to it in the theme.plist but to no avail. i wasn't sure whether to go as far as deleting the graphics incase it screws with the bootloader.

If you mean getting rid of it and just going straight to the boot menu screen, change the time out to zero in com.apple.boot.plist

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>0</string>

El Massman

El Massman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
i was looking more at having the countdown but without the countdown bar showing if that makes any sense? i like a nice clean and minimal look unless i want to chose some options. think it's that OCD thing you were talking about, lol.

nebulOSX

nebulOSX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Try this..

Haven't tried this myself, have like 10 Gtalk conversations running! let me know if it works..

Attached Files

El Massman

El Massman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
that is EXACTLY what i was looking for. it's beautiful, thank you so much.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,083 posts
Well done everybody on your work. The boot camp one has come on great.

This is the result of my latest playing about, the Welcome Badge theme.
I have been playing again with position of items and I've tried the vertical device list.

It works with regards to displaying the devices, and selecting the menu with the left key press. Problem is though keyboard input is then no longer accepted and you can't select the menu options. So I defaulted back using to horizontal device list.

I have attached a separate theme.plist for vertical devices so you can see what happens if you choose to install it for testing. If anyone thinks this is useful then we'll maybe ask the Chameleon team for further support of this?, but if it's not really needed then we won't bother. Just a thought ;)

I use 1680 x 1050 so I don't know how it'll look at other resolutions.

The folder icons were from http://www.iconarchi...ackup-icon.html. I just changed the colours.

Attached Files

fassl

fassl

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 623 posts
@blackosx: This looks damn nice! Waiting for other themes of yours ;)

karaakeha1

karaakeha1

Mac Pro Case

• Donators
  • 561 posts
screenshot?

will the default apple logo look stretched when booting on a widescreen display? if so can you release a squished one, so that on a widescreen display it plumps out correctly?

You asked same question in somewhere else ?
I replied there
just change the values of screen resolution in theme.plist

Attached Files

El Massman

El Massman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

just change the values of screen resolution in theme.plist

@karaakeha1: that only works with 8/9XXX series cards. i myself have a 7600gs and while you can increase the resolution, it HAS to be 4:3 ratio. kinda sucks really. i don't do anything graphic intensive so i'm actually considering getting a cheap 8600 or something just to be able to use native res.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,083 posts

@blackosx: This looks damn nice! Waiting for other themes of yours :P

Thanks fassl, I'm honoured by your comment.
I have many more ideas in the pipeline, it's just down to time.

:rolleyes:

Detosx

Detosx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Well done everybody on your work. The boot camp one has come on great.

This is the result of my latest playing about, the Welcome Badge theme.
I have been playing again with position of items and I've tried the vertical device list.

It works with regards to displaying the devices, and selecting the menu with the left key press. Problem is though keyboard input is then no longer accepted and you can't select the menu options. So I defaulted back using to horizontal device list.

I have attached a separate theme.plist for vertical devices so you can see what happens if you choose to install it for testing. If anyone thinks this is useful then we'll maybe ask the Chameleon team for further support of this?, but if it's not really needed then we won't bother. Just a thought :rolleyes:

I use 1680 x 1050 so I don't know how it'll look at other resolutions.

I am liking that drop shadow, blackosx, very nice! Anything that gets away from the flat 2d look is good news to me.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,083 posts

I am liking that drop shadow, blackosx, very nice! Anything that gets away from the flat 2d look is good news to me.

Thanks Detosx. Yeah I like the feeling of depth too.

markpenn

markpenn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
hi all

is there a way to disable the top-left part chameleon text in this ?

thanks.

titangate

titangate

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

hi all

is there a way to disable the top-left part chameleon text in this ?

thanks.

I do, but the way is to modify the binary since the source is not shipped yet. so i don't think it was a good idea to share the binary.
or maybe you can make "font_console.png" color the same as your background.

karaakeha1

karaakeha1

Mac Pro Case

• Donators
  • 561 posts
Yeah, all submissions should have screenshots. How would you grab a screen shot via the bootloader; only way I know of now is to composite something close in Photoshop. Share the technique to capture it and I'll dump the few I've created along with some screencaps.

Thanks!

-- Wolfer

I have the same Question /
How they took screen shot at bootloader level

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy