• Please log in to reply
449 replies to this topic

Eddie Turfboer

Eddie Turfboer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Hi everyone, I've been using Chameleon 2.0RC2 happily for a few months now, but upon reboot today I realized that the com.apple.Boot.plist file in my /Extra/ folder wasn't being loaded. I don't see any errors in verbose mode, but there's no timeout, my "Graphics Mode" setting is ignored, etc.

Does anyone know what would cause this? I tried chmod 755 and chown root:wheel on the file, but it didn't make a difference. Sorry if this has been answered before... I tried searching, to no avail.

Is there any other Boot.plist available in any of the other folders? Secondly, can you post or attach the content of the boot.plist?

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,884 posts

Does anyone know what would cause this? I tried chmod 755 and chown root:wheel on the file, but it didn't make a difference. Sorry if this has been answered before... I tried searching, to no avail.

Do you have more than one OS X partition on that HD ?
Are all /Extra (fi more than one OS X partition) same or differnent ?
Perhaps RC2 loads an boot.plist from an other partition.

digital_dreamer

digital_dreamer

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Do you have more than one OS X partition on that HD ?
Are all /Extra (fi more than one OS X partition) same or differnent ?
Perhaps RC2 loads an boot.plist from an other partition.

Exactly. I was thinking the same thing. Might be booting from a partition other than the one he is selecting at the bootloader.

MAJ

maruchan

maruchan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
My partitions are set up as follows:
Partition 1: Windows 7 (HFS+)
Partition 2: OSX (HFS+)
Partition 3: Data (HFS+)

Originally, Data was formatted as NTFS and I was using NTFS-3G. That is, until NTFS-3G crashed and wiped a bunch of the files off (egh.) So, I reformatted Data as HFS+, and after a few days of use got around to rebooting it and now com.apple.Boot.plist isn't being read. Perhaps, somehow, there is a hidden Boot.plist on the new partition? I think I would've noticed it, but I'll do a search when I get home from work.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
I need the possibility to choose different kernels via boot loader (NOT hard-coded into the boot.plist!), like before at the Darwin boot prompt.

How can I do that with the graphical Chameleon? This is a really necessary feature. I would prefer an option to get back down to the darwin boot prompt. Choosing kernels via the GUI would be fine, too, but that option is really important ....

Thank you,
Bugs

[EDIT]: solved thanks to Kabyl: "Just start typing and it will be shown at the bottom of the screen. And you can use Tab to switch b/w GUI and text mode."

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts

Chameleon is obviously ignoring the timeout in the boot.plist, which is very sad, awkward and inconvenient.

I need the possibility to choose different kernels via boot loader (NOT hard-coded into the boot.plist!), like before at the Darwin boot prompt.

How can I do that with the graphical Chameleon? This is a really necessary feature.

Thank you,
Bugs

Buggs,

I am using Chameleon2-rc2 and the timeout works for me when I chose to use it. However, I have found that in some instances Chameleon will ignore the parameters set in the /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist and, instead, use the kernel name and flags found in the /L/P/S version of the boot.plist.

If you havent already, try setting the value you want in the /L/P/S version.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
BladeRunner,

I refined my request, see above, guess I was not clear enough. I was hoping to get back down to the darwin boot prompt via the time-out, that's why I mentioned it. The time-out itself is totally secondary.

[EDIT]: solved, see above

kennedyusa

kennedyusa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Interesting thought, i completely agree with your perspective

calcul credit immobilier courtier taux simulation de france pretUne simulation credit immobiler de France a faire un pret.calcul credit immobilier courtier taux simulation de france pret

Radioman

Radioman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

After Hibernation i try to wake my Hack by using "ForceWake=y" cause of sleepimage "being too old" (which it's not). I then get a "Incorrect image signature" Errormessage and Chameleon still won't load the sleepimage.

What does the Errormessage mean and how can i avoid it? I'd really like to use Hibernation.

Go to System Preferences > Security > untick "use secure virtual memory"

Open Terminal, and type:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

hit enter, and type:

sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage

hit enter, reboot and the message is gone!

KingBongo

KingBongo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. First post here, :( I am having some problems with Chameleon 2 RC2, or so it seems. I am following the instructions in the link below to create a bootable OSx86 partition on my USB stick. However, when coming to the installation of Chameleon (yes, I have chosen the USB stick) the installation process simply halts at "Installing Core - Writing package receipt". What could be wrong?

What also is a little bit worrying is that directly in "HD" (my system disk) I can se "Core.pkg". Is Chameleon trying to install itself onto my system disk instead of the USB stick or what? I have understood that that is no good (if the case).

Link I am following,
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=164264

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy