[UPDATED] Chameleon 2.0RC2 is out! With Official Installer

Onixs

447 posts in this topic

I tried the mitch_de installer...works for OSX but i also cant boot XP on a separate HD...it just restarts on mu ud3p. sleep still works.

I also tried the mitch_de installer, works like a charm in GUID ;)

Works for me with EFI Partition and Vista on a separate harddisk.

smbios.plist works partially (shows MacPro3,1 in System Profiler but Geekbench recognizes still "Hackintosh").

Shutdown works fine (for the first time with this Mainboard), reboot does it too.

Sleep works, wakeup not (like before)

One huge issue: CPU- & FSB frequency is not recognized correctly, i overclocked my system to CPU at 4,25 GHz and FSB to 2,12 GHz.

MSR-Tools show the frequency correctly, also the temperature seems to fit to the overclocked specs but System Profiler and "sysctl -a hw.cpufrequency" fails:

screen-captureufyr.pngscreen-capture-1ojny.pngscreen-capture-2re5a.png

Does anybody know how to set a default Disk to Boot? It starts everytime with the wrong hdd...

Edit: so, the frequency issue and the recognize in Geekbench could get fixed by editing the smbios.plist as i`ve been told by kabyl, thx for that :)

Only problem is still wakeup from sleep, but this is only a disfigurement as i don`t use sleep with my pc

Well yeah, very nice but since it doesn't have SSDT override I'm not yet switching...

I'm waiting for the eventual release...

Very cool though...

Well yeah, very nice but since it doesn't have SSDT override I'm not yet switching...

I'm waiting for the eventual release...

Very cool though...

DropSSDT=y and add your SSDT stuff to the main DSDT.

DropSSDT=y and add your SSDT stuff to the main DSDT.

Yeah I know but still... I'm waiting...

Allready tested it this way...

Works.. nice nice :)

If someone knows how to boot an Ubuntu installation on a second hdd, please tell me.

Chameleon recognizes the FAT32 partition on the second disk, but not the ext3 partitions.

TIA

eh, waiting for what exactly?

The eventual release version... to add extra stuff...

Yeah I know but still... I'm waiting...

Allready tested it this way...

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can't wait for source to change something and mark it(like dogs) with your name, like you did with old one and others work.

I wonder if you can write some kext or something from start to finish, if yes prove it if no please don't make me vomit again.

I will ask chameleon dev's, beg if necessary, to add a special note in license: "The usage of this source is forbidden for Andy Vandijck, DO NOT touch it!"

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can't wait for source to change something and mark it(like dogs) with your name, like you did with old one and others work.

I wonder if you can write some kext or something from start to finish, if yes prove it if no please don't make me vomit again.

I will ask chameleon dev's, beg if necessary, to add a special note in license: "The usage of this source is forbidden for Andy Vandijck, DO NOT touch it!"

Yes I can write kext's and more from scratch...

It's not that hard really... just see Apple's IOKit kext tutorial...

BTW: I allready made 2 apps from scratch... just take a look at my PPF-O-Suite.

Anyhow... I don't have anything to prove to you...

If you think you are so great why don't you make anything huh...

That's my opinion anyway... besides... the stuff that I would add to it would be simple and I wouldn't change the name with this one...

Last one I did lots of changes and found it necessary to change the name...

This one is different...

Please go bother someone else with your {censored}...

like what? :) we want to hear from you, or you prefer not to tell? (I'm fine with either).

Well proper Mac id data and SSDT override...

That's what I would add for the moment...

If needed also clean up the warnings in the source (if any)...

I like stuff to be perfected so....

Ha we knew that would come... sorry Andy we fixed all warnings... and it brought as a big laugh about you too :)

Yes I can write kext's and more from scratch...

It's not that hard really... just see Apple's IOKit kext tutorial...

BTW: I allready made 2 apps from scratch... just take a look at my PPF-O-Suite.

Anyhow... I don't have anything to prove to you...

If you think you are so great why don't you make anything huh...

That's my opinion anyway... besides... the stuff that I would add to it would be simple and I wouldn't change the name with this one...

Last one I did lots of changes and found it necessary to change the name...

This one is different...

Please go bother someone else with your {censored}...

Well proper Mac id data and SSDT override...

That's what I would add for the moment...

I'm not really sure what the "proper Mac ID" helps with, and adding SSDT override is just more useless work.

The warnings have been fixed.

Note: please if you ever consider releasing a fork, use a your version, and don't increment the current Chameleon one, we got some issues with what you did with 1.0.11. I'm sorry to say this in public, but you didn't want to change it.

Thanks.

I'm not really sure what the "proper Mac ID" helps with, and adding SSDT override is just more useless work.

The warnings have been fixed.

Note: please if you ever consider releasing a fork, use a your version, and don't increment the current Chameleon one, we got some issues with what you did with 1.0.11. I'm sorry to say this in public, but you didn't want to change it.

Thanks.

OK, will do...

Ha we knew that would come... sorry Andy we fixed all warnings... and it brought as a big laugh about you too :D

Yeah but I think it is great...

Less work (actually almost none so) it can't be better...

Thumbs up, keep up the great work guys... :)

I love you ! :(

I made an 2.0RC1 installer app out of an older chameleon installer.

So you must not do terminal commands or knowing your disk/part numbers.

Select your HD/partition by the installer.

For me it worked on MBR HD.

Also worked to boot XP from an different (other) HD.

For EFI EXTRA (boot132) install you must do some more (terminal) work.

Read the readme of orig. chameleon installer or hints below here.

it doesn't work on my system. To the reboot, after the boot it is restarted.

How do I do to restore the old boot? thx advance

few usefull keys to add to boot.plist on partition where bootloader installed

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(1,2)</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1400x1050x32</string>

one sets video mode for chameleon screen, another one sets defauult partition to boot, for chameleon, u can look at partitions list by pressing tab durring in chameleon.

it doesn't work on my system. To the reboot, after the boot it is restarted.

How do I do to restore the old boot? thx advance

Use install DVD...

Open Terminal...

cp it into place...

Very Good , and thanks!!

I've installed , seems to be all ok, also sleep works as well and boot time is really faster,

the only issue I've is a lot of _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35.

Is anyway to Override UUID like witn older version of Chameleon and some customs APPLESMBios.kext ?

Thanks again !!

few usefull keys to add to boot.plist on partition where bootloader installed

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(1,2)</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1400x1050x32</string>

one sets video mode for chameleon screen, another one sets defauult partition to boot, for chameleon, u can look at partitions list by pressing a atab durring in chameleon.

Netkas, will you be adding 64bit option (-x64) to Chameleon? (like you did with PC EFI...)

Just curious...

Very Good , and thanks!!

I've installed , seems to be all ok, also sleep works as well and boot time is really faster,

the only issue I've is a lot of _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35.

Is anyway to Override UUID like witn older version of Chameleon and some customs APPLESMBios.kext ?

Thanks again !!

Use my AppleSMBIOS... it should set the needed UUID...

Very Good , and thanks!!

Thanks again !!

Use my AppleSMBIOS... it should set the needed UUID...

Very Good , and thanks!!

Thanks again !!

boot time cant be faster, it depends mostly on kernel/system, not bootloader.