Compaq c500 iPC 10.5.6 help

Aotteson

6 posts in this topic

I just installed iPC 10.5.6 on my compaq presario c500 laptop. For some reason the headphone jack doesn't work and I was wondering if there was any kind of fix for this. getting the headphone jack to work correctly would make my c500 work perfectly. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have never had any success getting the headphone jack to work on my C500. It's the only thing not working, besides my USB speeds being slow as frak. PM me if you've gotten the headphone jack and USB problems solved. I got wifi to work, but I guess you did too if your system is almost perfect.

I think it's time we started a thread for all of us c500 users.

I agree with logiclover. I believe that we start a thread for all the C500 users. I have not really noticed the USB issue too much. It has been slow, however, I just ignored it. But if there is any way at all to fix the USB and earbud/headphone jack I have not found it yet.

*sigh*

Hey guys, I just spent all day attempting to install iDeneb 10.5.6 without any success. Which distro and settings are you guys using?

problem resolved: All I had to do was go into my BIOS and enable SATA mode. Man, I really want to resolve the sound issue!

• 4 months later...

Leopard osx 10.5.6

Same here, Headphone problem with the Compaq C500, But what i would love to know guys is how did you get the wireless to work, what package you used? I just click on the BroadCom and install.. ;) no wireless yet?

Plz help, i could live without the head phones, not the wireless:)

Looking forward to your reply asap

Thank You!

DjBirdMan

Music is my language