Acer Aspire 4730Z

ZANNO

18 posts in this topic

• 3 months later...
i was wondering if anybody has installed Mac OS X on an Acer Aspire 4730Z? Has there been any successful attempts for this type of model? thanks

Yeah i did it with iATKOS

Runs better then my other real mac!!!!lol

audio works out of the box on speakers

video not tested but no big tweaks to get into the os....default drivers are good

ethernet works out of the box ____GOOD STUFF

wireless railink is supported______BIG PLUS!!!!!!!! driver was needed and i installed and working good.

camera works out of the box...

trackpad keyboard are good...needed minor tweaks to get finger scrolling....

what else.... This works great i may add... Spend less time getting stuff to work than my DELL XPS m1330

give me a shout if you want details intructions if you dont have any luck but what ever you do whipe that VISTA {censored} out of the drive....that thing is a VIRUS!!!!!

A little late but hope this Helps!!!

video not tested but no big tweaks to get into the os....default drivers are good

wireless railink is supported______BIG PLUS!!!!!!!! driver was needed and i installed and working good.

what else.... This works great i may add... Spend less time getting stuff to work than my DELL XPS m1330

give me a shout if you want details intructions if you dont have any luck but what ever you do whipe that VISTA {censored} out of the drive....that thing is a VIRUS!!!!!

Just wondering what driver did you install and how the only drivers I have found are windows thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried this today on my acer 4730z and everything seemed to go well as far as the install, except I couldn't get the keyboard and mouse to be recognized (I used a spare usb one for a bit). I was using iTKOS v7.

I'm super newb at this specific task, anyone else have the same issue? is there something that I could install/config to get my mouse/keyboard to be recognized? I wouldn't mind using this on my laptop

• 2 months later...

I have an acer aspire 4730Z also. I used rebel EFI (yeah I'm dumb) and now I can't get rebel to authenticate and I have to use the disk to boot my system up and and I have no sound, and the trackpad does not work.

If I use itakos to re-install will i get my sound and trackpad working? And how do I go about getting this done with itakos? Is there a wiki or something?

• 3 months later...

How did you guys able to install the iatkos v7 on Aspire 4730z I need help. I have the same model and for a week i was trying to install iatkos_v7 and I could not get the installer to run.

The first attempt I tried I was getting "still waiting for root device" errors but I got pass that error using this boot flags rd=disk0. Right now I have CPU kernel Vodoo panic when using that boot flag rd=disk0 it says nfs_boot failed..

I am assuming that nfs is for network file system so I turned off the network boot on the bios but still got the same error.

what's your boot parameter when you installed the iatkos_v7 can you let me know please.

anyone please help.

Hi, would you kindly inform me how to install the wifi ralink driver on your acer aspire 4730z? where did you download the driver from?

Thanks!!

Tsangsi

How did you guys able to install the iatkos v7 on Aspire 4730z I need help. I have the same model and for a week i was trying to install iatkos_v7 and I could not get the installer to run.

The first attempt I tried I was getting "still waiting for root device" errors but I got pass that error using this boot flags rd=disk0. Right now I have CPU kernel Vodoo panic when using that boot flag rd=disk0 it says nfs_boot failed..

I am assuming that nfs is for network file system so I turned off the network boot on the bios but still got the same error.

what's your boot parameter when you installed the iatkos_v7 can you let me know please.

anyone please help.

Finally I got it working.. everything works fine except for those application that needs quartz engine or something.. also my wifi does not work.. can anyone help me on how to get this atheros AR5B91 get recognize by OS X. I have search google numerous times but could not find any workable solution..

M1330 and Stan22490 how did you able to get the WiFi working.. kindly advice needed help!

Hi, would you kindly inform me how to install the wifi ralink driver on your acer aspire 4730z? where did you download the driver from?

Thanks!!

Tsangsi

Tsangsi let me know if you find any workable solution.. right now I am eyeing on buying dell 1390 miniPCI express card and replace the WiFi card on my 4730z.

Finally I got it working.. everything works fine except for those application that needs quartz engine or something.. also my wifi does not work.. can anyone help me on how to get this atheros AR5B91 get recognize by OS X. I have search google numerous times but could not find any workable solution..

M1330 and Stan22490 how did you able to get the WiFi working.. kindly advice needed help!

Tsangsi let me know if you find any workable solution.. right now I am eyeing on buying dell 1390 miniPCI express card and replace the WiFi card on my 4730z.

I found from another thread that Dell 1505 wifi card will work. See http://www.infinitemac.com/f47/acer-aspire-4730z-t2435/. I am thinking about purchasing one.

09-27-2009, 05:24 AM Stan22490 vbmenu_register("postmenu_35997", true); Cheetah Join Date: Jul 2009Posts: 2 icon7.pngInstalling I have iatkos v7 installed almost no issues. Only complication was I had to buy a dell 1505 wifi card which really wasn't that bad. Other than that have had no issues with OS X runs just as good if not better than a macbook pro. If you have any questions about drivers just reply to this post

09-27-2009, 05:24 AM Stan22490 vbmenu_register("postmenu_35997", true); Cheetah Join Date: Jul 2009Posts: 2 icon7.pngInstalling I have iatkos v7 installed almost no issues. Only complication was I had to buy a dell 1505 wifi card which really wasn't that bad. Other than that have had no issues with OS X runs just as good if not better than a macbook pro. If you have any questions about drivers just reply to this post

09-27-2009, 05:24 AM Stan22490 vbmenu_register("postmenu_35997", true); Cheetah Join Date: Jul 2009Posts: 2 icon7.png Installing I have iatkos v7 installed almost no issues. Only complication was I had to buy a dell 1505 wifi card which really wasn't that bad. Other than that have had no issues with OS X runs just as good if not better than a macbook pro. If you have any questions about drivers just reply to this post

I found from another thread that Dell 1505 wifi card will work. See http://www.infinitemac.com/f47/acer-aspire-4730z-t2435/. I am thinking about purchasing one.

09-27-2009, 05:24 AM Stan22490 vbmenu_register("postmenu_35997", true); Cheetah Join Date: Jul 2009Posts: 2 icon7.png Installing I have iatkos v7 installed almost no issues. Only complication was I had to buy a dell 1505 wifi card which really wasn't that bad. Other than that have had no issues with OS X runs just as good if not better than a macbook pro. If you have any questions about drivers just reply to this post

thanks for the link.. everything works fine except for my wifi and my graphic quartz xtreme..

where you able to install Quartz Extreme on the video card.. If I play movies on Quicktime and VLC I got black screen but audio plays.. do you have a kext for intel 4500?

Thanks!!

Tsangsi

tsangi here is the railink drivers for macintosh http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=3 but i am unsure if it will work as the Acer 4730z is using atheros AR5B91 chip. I have not tried it all but some but still got no wifi. I could not find any dell 1390 wifi card here in our place.

did stan22490 replace his atheros wifi card with ralink?

• 2 weeks later...
tsangi here is the railink drivers for macintosh http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=3 but i am unsure if it will work as the Acer 4730z is using atheros AR5B91 chip. I have not tried it all but some but still got no wifi. I could not find any dell 1390 wifi card here in our place.

did stan22490 replace his atheros wifi card with ralink?

Thanks Philcebutv! Sorry about the delayed response...I have not had the chance to play with my setup in a while. I installed the drivers from the site to no avail.

Thanks Philcebutv! Sorry about the delayed response...I have not had the chance to play with my setup in a while. I installed the drivers from the site to no avail.

Tsangsi,

Finally! I was able to find an HP mini pci-e WiFi card that runs on Broadcom 4311 chip. Replaced my atheros card and instantly the HP Wifi card was detected running on iAtkos v7. Posting here using the newly installed WiFi card. The only issue I am having is that sometimes when I watched movies using qucktime WiFi will just turned off by itself... weird! I have to restart to get the WiFi working..

Also

Does anyone know if Quartz Extreme on Intel GMA 4500 can be enabled. There are so many video and picture application that wont run.. Can anyone please help me on how to get the Quartz Extreme working?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I have the acer 4730z almost working. The trackpad is the only problem left. I am using iatkos v2 rev3 10.6.3. i swapped my wifi card for a broadcom from a dell (not sure what model exactly) but it works out of the box. I am using voodooHDA for audio. For resolution I am using chameleon rc4 (I cant remember which version exactly but if you search you will find)

Can someone tell me which kext you need for the trackpad to work as intended?

I once managed to have it working but it was so sensitive it was practically unusable. Also it is not recognized in the system preferences so no adjustments can be made. 

I have the acer 4730z almost working. The trackpad is the only problem left. I am using iatkos v2 rev3 10.6.3. i swapped my wifi card for a broadcom from a dell (not sure what model exactly) but it works out of the box. I am using voodooHDA for audio. For resolution I am using chameleon rc4 (I cant remember which version exactly but if you search you will find)

Can someone tell me which kext you need for the trackpad to work as intended?

I once managed to have it working but it was so sensitive it was practically unusable. Also it is not recognized in the system preferences so no adjustments can be made.