Pen drive has vanished from Finder! Help!

marco772

1 post in this topic

Hi,

I was just transferring some files onto a USB pen drive. Once it had done the first file, the drive disappeared from Finder! As there was no way I know of ejecting it safely without it being in Finder (my first question!) I pulled it out and got the unsafe removal warning.

I plugged it back in but Finder won't recognise it at all!

I looked on System Profiler and, yep, there it is!

I could just reboot and it will most likely reappear but this seems rather drastic and annoying!

Can anyone tell me why it may have done this, how to eject something once it's vanished from Finder and whether there's a way to re-enable it in finder so I can use it again?

I have 10.5.6.

Thanks

Mark

Hi,

I was just transferring some files onto a USB pen drive. Once it had done the first file, the drive disappeared from Finder! As there was no way I know of ejecting it safely without it being in Finder (my first question!) I pulled it out and got the unsafe removal warning.

I plugged it back in but Finder won't recognise it at all!

I looked on System Profiler and, yep, there it is!

I could just reboot and it will most likely reappear but this seems rather drastic and annoying!

Can anyone tell me why it may have done this, how to eject something once it's vanished from Finder and whether there's a way to re-enable it in finder so I can use it again?

I have 10.5.6.

Thanks

Mark

Sorry! It's okay now! I went into Finder Prefs and clicked a few things, for some reason the "show external drives" box had a dash insead of a tick. I ticked it and now all is back in order!

Mark