4GHz processor

projekt k

3 posts in this topic

i started a topic like this else where but here seems more appropriate.

basically i clicked on about this mac, and it says "4Ghz Uknown" where the processor is supposed to me. usually it says 2.66 and suddenly it changed. I haven't restarted or set one thing different in my bios. I hack stock cooling, but my dashboard widget says my machine is 24 degrees, and unless its on crack i believe it and find that fine. my theory is it sped up because it had the ability and room or is just a mis reading. I just dont want my machine to overheat.

also is there a way to change that unknown to like "2.66 Ghz Core 2 Quad" or "2.66 GHz Mac Pro", just wondering???

thanks

hey, you can set these settings in osx86tools in modify about this mac section. the speed is just a misreading i suppose. because even if you have something like automatic overclock feature in your bios enabled, it would overclock only if on heavy load and still low temperature.

basicly the file responsible for identifiyng your cpu,ram, etc is smbios.kext but i can't find any universall tool to customize that without osx86tools. the bottom line: that's just a misreading, dont bother