Full PC EFI V9

Andy Vandijck

13 posts in this topic

I made these because some people might have some use for it.

It can thus also be used for modding a Snow Leopard beta (since this is the only one that is capable of booting the 64bit kernel with -x64 boot argument).

Enjoy... :D

Netkas_PC_EFI_V9_Full.zip

I thought Netkas only released the BOOT. ?

Where did the CDBOOT come from, if the source was never shared.

And also, the MD5 of FDISK is different from chameleon.

cdboot is created by 2 commands... it uses cdboot.s and next it does a dd on the boot file to merge it into this.

I just created a new cdboot from his boot...

A great welcome! Like a good torrential rain after a long drought!

But how do I use it? Please advise since I am not familiar with this. I have been using PCWiz GUI version but that version doesn't move Snow at all.

It's his latest version...

It has -x64 support for Snow...

You can rebuild a Snow Leo cd with cdboot also...

If you don't know how see the Chameleon blog site of Zef.

He explains using cdboot to create a hybrid image...

Andy

Tried building a DVD with the CDBOOT of PC EFI V9, One thing i noticed is, the dvd boots VERY SLOW.

Whereas, using Chameleon CDBOOT or your CDBOOT (AnV Bootloader), the DVD boots FAST.

Andy

Tried building a DVD with the CDBOOT of PC EFI V9, One thing i noticed is, the dvd boots VERY SLOW.

Whereas, using Chameleon CDBOOT or your CDBOOT (AnV Bootloader), the DVD boots FAST.

Probably because it is bigger and not as optimized as mine or Chameleon with fixes...

Netkas did note he wasn't releasing the sources yet because of code issues so...

• 4 weeks later...
Andy, would you use the new Chameleon 2 over PC-efiv9? Or do you still prefer this way?

For Leopard: Chameleon V2...

For Snow Leopard: PC EFI V9 still if 64-bit CPU... Chameleon V2 does not have an -x64 boot flag for 64-bit kernel loading...

Added cdboot to usr/standalone/i385 of trhe dvd and succesfully recreated the image. Now when I boot and use the -x64 flag the message: "kernel overflows available space" shows up. any idea?

-v shows two lines of the kernel being loaded, then this error.

-s same thing

-x same thing

Target hdd is not yet GUID, but I can't imagine it should be before the install?

Please advice.

I made these because some people might have some use for it.

It can thus also be used for modding a Snow Leopard beta (since this is the only one that is capable of booting the 64bit kernel with -x64 boot argument).

Enjoy... ;)

Very nice great work dude :)

• 2 weeks later...