Mini-ITX Core Duo Mobo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts
Just saw this: http://www.watch.imp...tc_lv677dc.html.

EDIT: Manufacturer link: http://www.commell.c.../SBC/LV-677.HTM

A Mini-ITX form factor motherboard for Intel Core Duo processors. This is probably the best Mini-ITX motherboard I've seen to date. :blink:

Features:
- i945GM ICH7M
- 5.1 Audio
- Firewire/USB 2.0
- Gigabit Ethernet
- VGA through Intel GMA 950 w/ TV/HDTV out
- SATA
- 2 Full Sized DDR2 667 DIMM slots
- 2 Mini-PCI slots
- 1 PCI-Express x16 slot :gun:

Should be fully compatible for OSX86, and you can add a mPCI wireless card. The PCI-Express slot is always a plus. Pair this thing up with 2x2GB of mem, a core Duo processor, and maybe even a silent/sff/heatpiped video card and you've got a kick ass platform.

Its a tad expensive though: $430? :)

Damn, I want one of these mobos NOW!

thrunner

thrunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
I am not sure about these systems. Unless you like to play with these components and do mods and overclock and customize, why not just get a CoreDuo laptop. It is actually more economical to go with such a laptop.

matix

matix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
... or a mac mini

i had to say it.

Technobob

Technobob

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
I was looking at a motherboard from this manufacture a long time ago for a custom built PVR. I was going to convert my old Sony SLV-676 VCR and use a Mini-ITX board but the money just never surfaced.

If you look at the VCR I was going to put a DVD burner in place of the tape slot. I found a mini chicklet keyboard and ball mouse that would fit in the drop down door. I found a mini wide screen LCD that would fit in were the current display is. I thought this would be real cool idea but it was going to set me back about $1500CDN but the funds never happened and I lost interest. I still have the VCR so maybe some day.

I stubled across the motherboard you are asking about and my first thought was this would make a great Hackintosh but the price is a real killer.

Attached Files

• Attached File  5b_1.jpg   71.01KB   106 downloads

Ratteler

Ratteler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Wicked! Guess what's going into my MacPlus case. :-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy