TV Out ?

chuckcalo

12 posts in this topic

I too am in the same boat, I have a radeon 2600 xt pcie card and I am trying to get tv out to work as well. I have tried using efi strings, but it didn't work. I have also tried lastexiles package installer, which gets everything to work except svideo. I also bought the apple adapter that turns dvi to svideo, however that failed too. I have searched all over for info but with the exception of A few posts I have found no solid solution. Anybody who has It working if you could post how you did it and what card you use that would be great.

Thanks

With lastexil's pkg on a HD2600Pro I have Vga, Dvi and Svideo outputs... I just installed the pkg... no other trick.

Thanks for the reply, my card has 2 dvi ports. I tried a whole fresh install with the package installer and it works now. I am guessing I messed up so much trying to make it work a fresh install solved it for me. Front row works well so I am thrilled. A huge thanks to lastexile.

Thanks Boomdeng

• 3 weeks later...
With lastexil's pkg on a HD2600Pro I have Vga, Dvi and Svideo outputs... I just installed the pkg... no other trick.

do you mean that all ports work ??? for example: DVI+TV VGA+TV ??? do you have to plug tv after osx starts or you can start mac os with tv plugged in???? what is the model of your card???

thanks for help

do you mean that all ports work ??? for example: DVI+TV VGA+TV ??? do you have to plug tv after osx starts or you can start mac os with tv plugged in???? what is the model of your card???

thanks for help

Yes, all ports work, here is a screen shot with DVI+TV in extend mode, you can plug TV and unplug it, just need to refresh with "Detect monitors"

My card is Saphire HD 2600 Pro with 512 Mo Vram ; RV630 (PCI Express 1.0 x16 1002 / 9589, Rev 00) with 3 outputs DVI+VGA+SVideo

Using Megalodon FrameBuffer (with DSDT GFX but Natit works well also)

post-290278-1239879488_thumb.png

Yes, all ports work, here is a screen shot with DVI+TV in extend mode, you can plug TV and unplug it, just need to refresh with "Detect monitors"

My card is Saphire HD 2600 Pro with 512 Mo Vram ; RV630 (PCI Express 1.0 x16 1002 / 9589, Rev 00) with 3 outputs DVI+VGA+SVideo

Using Megalodon FrameBuffer (with DSDT GFX but Natit works well also)

post-290278-1239879488_thumb.png

thanks for reply

I have got 7600 gs 2xdvi+TV and s-video works with dvi... but I have to start mac os with s-video unplugged and after log in I have to plug and do detect screens.... if s-video is plugged before i got blue screen....

thanks for your help

one more question do you have mirror mode working??? or this is unreal with hackint0shes????

one more time...THX

More Info : There is no problem to boot with only TV plugged in SVideo, and Mirror mode works very well, so my HD2600pro is what we can call a 100% fully working Video Card, even if it begins to be old now ;)

Very interesting thread, at least it has given me a few ideas regarding video playback in my room. Just a couple of questions....

1. Could you use S-video in a 3 monitor combo?

-For example, I currently use the two DVI ports (with DVI to VGA converters on both) to drive my two current LCD monitors. They are not mirrored. Could I use the S-video port to use my TV as an actual 3rd monitor?

2. Has anyone noticed if having the S-video connected detracted from the performance of your standard DVI/VGA monitor?

Very interesting thread, at least it has given me a few ideas regarding video playback in my room. Just a couple of questions....

1. Could you use S-video in a 3 monitor combo?

-For example, I currently use the two DVI ports (with DVI to VGA converters on both) to drive my two current LCD monitors. They are not mirrored. Could I use the S-video port to use my TV as an actual 3rd monitor?

2. Has anyone noticed if having the S-video connected detracted from the performance of your standard DVI/VGA monitor?

1. It seems to be impossible to get 3 displays in the same time, even with mirror mode ON

2. It doesn't seem to detract the performance but I don't use S-Video very often to be honnest :)