b0 error

oliver

31 posts in this topic

Sorry m8s for the dumb question, but what b0 error means? I got JaS 10.4.6.install.dvd.iso and when I try to install it I get this msg. Could you please guys tell me what I have to do?

Thanks!

Hey There,

I don't know if this helps you but I thought that I'd share my experience with the b0 error. I am using the same install dvd. I got this message after the installation had completed on the reboot. I fired up my Gparted livecd (http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php) and I made the mac partition active/bootable. After that it booted properly with no more errors. Good Luck!

rbq

Wow thank you now OSX 10.4.6 works on my Acer Travelmate 4101 after giving my partition the boot flag :)

Specs:

Acer Travelmate 4101

Centrino 1.6 Ghz

512 DDRII Ram

80 Gig HDD

ATI X700 Mobility Radeon (No QE and CI)

Onboard Audio

Intel Pro Wireless (Doesn't work)

Onboard Ethernet

Hey There,

I don't know if this helps you but I thought that I'd share my experience with the b0 error. I am using the same install dvd. I got this message after the installation had completed on the reboot. I fired up my Gparted livecd (http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php) and I made the mac partition active/bootable. After that it booted properly with no more errors. Good Luck!

rbq

Worked for me using the "set mac partition to active" process =) Thanks!!!!

Hey There,

Glad to hear that it worked for you guys. I also wanted to mention that I followed The Spam's advice as well and patched the dvd with this JaS.10.4.6.install.dvd.PPF1.PPF. After patching the hdd boots properly with no need to run the extra step of making the partition active.

Cheers,

rbq

fdisk !!! once again terminal is the power

i did

fdisk /dev/hda

p

a

w

q

p (shows partition table)

a (Sets active)

w (writes/saves)

q (quit)

reboot your done

It'll work trust me.

Get a linux livecd, if you dont know which one

Here ..

ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/man...Live-Leuven.iso

332mb

ftp://ftp.uwsg.indiana.edu/linux/pclinuxo...-p93-minime.iso

287mb

I'm a Linux user, well haven't used it since february so I'm use to it just intermediate level.

open terminal su to root and do it

hi i would also need : - JaS 10.4.6 install dvd ppf

but no chance to get i from demonoid as i cannot register an guests are not allowed to dload

is there any other place to search for this ppf ??

edit: I am downloading it now - hope the install works now for me

thx a lot

greetings netman

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I don't understand any of this

If you are getting a b0 error upon reboot of your osx installation. It is because of the partition not set to bootable. Get your self a linux live cd or get the patch. I used slax and the fdisk command and it worked a treat.

hey...im having this same problem, i wanted a perm fix so i downloaded the patch from demonoid........but the archive i downloaded (JaS_PPF1.zip) seems to be corrupt,

i downloaded it twice to be sure..still no luck extracting it.

anybody had any luck repairing the archive or another method of getting the patch.

thx,

matt

hey...im having this same problem, i wanted a perm fix so i downloaded the patch from demonoid........but the archive i downloaded (JaS_PPF1.zip) seems to be corrupt,

i downloaded it twice to be sure..still no luck extracting it.

anybody had any luck repairing the archive or another method of getting the patch.

thx,

matt

I got the same patch from demons, opened fine using macs own zip extracter. If your on windows try winzip. Or get a linux live cd and use it to set the partition to active. I used slax, first linux i ever used and its {censored} easy. Trust me, use the commands that robnyc said.

• 3 months later...