Need Help, I have an Issue.

artofware

5 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I got Mac installed on my Gigabyte Ep45-UD3P mobo. Pretty much went smooth.. Few drivers are installed but some are not. And for some reason, every time I drag a window from left to right. I get multiple shadows. I've checked the graphics displayed and it shows my Vram total of 32 MB? I'm currently running an Evga Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 512mb. Is there a string or kexts file to correct this?. I also used Universal OSx86 Installer app to patch it. But did not do a thing. :( Heres a picture.

Any help would greatly appreciate it... thanks.

post-387526-1237439144_thumb.jpg

Hmm...i have the same mobo. I have an 8800gt though. i had the same thing but got mine to work using this thread to generate my efi string...might work for 9800gt's since i think htey have the same g92 core...i assume you have tried nvinject and all that.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=91755&st=0

download the 8800gt efi pack v2 file... follow all steps...insert your string...restart.

or, try this link

http://aquamac.proboards106.com/index.cgi?...=509&page=1

9800GTX+ works with vanilla kexts in 10.5.6 - all you need is a device property string in com.apple.boot.plist.

OSX86Tools has a working one built in.

If running an older version of Leopard, there's an installer from Aqua-Mac somewhere on the forums that work.

I'm struggling on how to get the GFx String to work. I can't seem to replace the current one. I've done all the procedure and read the all the threads on how to do it.. but still no luck. It pisses me off so bad. ahhhhhhhhhh HELP ME PLEASE.

The problem with OSX86Tools is that it creates a new plist instead of modifying your existing one. And so you lose whatever you have in there already.

Just choose the string in OSX86Tools and then select and copy it. Close OSX86Tools.

Then use EFI Studio to edit your existing boot.plist.

Paste your string from OSX86Tools into the editor in EFI Studio. Don't forget to hit the little save button at the bottom..

bingo.