Sigmatel 9223 Vendor Id 8384 Dev Id 7681 Is this right?

latexgurl

107 posts in this topic

I dont suppose there's any hope of fixing it so the sound comes out the proper socket? I dont want to have to keep changing when I boot to windows to play games ;)

what changes would I need to make to the kext to make it work on a STAC9225? I understand this is an in-dev thing, and some bits of it are not understood, but a pointer in the right direction would be very nice of you indeed :D

EDIT: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=11202 shows what the problem is. The card is an AC97 (on HDA bus), so it should work without modifying Azalia (only AppleHDA, as I understand things)

Yipwafe. ou are correct the 9220 and the 9223 are the same chip (the 9223 just added optical as I stated earlier).

Are you using the 10.4.3 kext as I was working on or the 10.4.5 kext?

My previous work with the 10.4.3 kext (really wish I could get to it right now) had the sound coming from the correct port, but still no line in support of any kind.

As i've stated before. Yes I was working with the 10.4.3 kext. Yes I had sound for a brief moment from the correct port. I have not had access to the machine however or the files (residing on it) recently and can not tell you when I will. (personal issue)

once I do. I will make the above changes and post em.

Well guys you rock it does work!!!!

Little low on the volume but hey IT WORKS!!!!

OK where do I send the pictures just send me emails to my address here@@

NOW HOW ABOUT 5.1 ?

HOW ABOUT A full nude FOR 5.1 SOUND!!!!!!!!!

NOT KIDDING BTW!!!!!!

ASHLEY :):):(:dev::dev:

I'm suspecting that AppleHDA.kext has assumed the jacks configuration of a Mac Mini when the codec is sigmatel 9220. ... therefore on PC with different configuration, we are getting sound from the wrong jack.

This would be either hardcoded in the binary module or in <PathMaps> section of Info.plist ... we need to understand what those numbers mean, for a chance getting sound to the right jack or 5.1.

ypiwafe@yahoo.com :sorcerer:

hi, i tried the kext out. i cant seem to get sound out of any port, but when i connect to one port, the digital optical out comes on (i can see the red light), and the Sound thing in System Preferences says 'Digital Out'. Other ports result in 'Built-in Speaker' or something else (cant remember right now).

any ideas? or do i need to get a digital output device?! :(

Yipwafe... look for an email to come to you from me with a different version in the next day or so. (Off next two days)

Munky... Going to send you a different version as well to try on yr machine.

Yipwafe... look for an email to come to you from me with a different version in the next day or so. (Off next two days)

Munky... Going to send you a different version as well to try on yr machine.

I'd like to try a different version too. Does it solve the line-in issue?

Could you send me ur version too please?

I stil have the following issues:

- sound comes out from the line-in.

- when I plug a mic I can't control the volume anymore

- can't use skype without a mic :-(

Thx.

goodwork friends, i have a sound i m useing line-out jack on 2 channels speaker, and i see mic. input but i dont try now.

intel 945PVS, sigmatel 9223

Hi guys u rule i finally got sound (still from the line in) but sound anyways. Would like to try your version of the kext, can u send it to me to erml80@hotmail? Thanx dude!