Wait wait.........you Zakaryya
what happened ?

esoterikest

esoterikest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Can you do anything for the "INSYDE BIOS" type of bios. It's in place of the conventional "PHOENIX BIOS" in my dv3510nr.

Zakaryya

Zakaryya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Hi, Sorry I've been quiet, been busy with work and was also unwell. :)

@ pavement714 and pinkytao, I'm on it now

@ esoterikest, I'll look into it but not so sure.

pinkytao

pinkytao

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you Zakaryya
Waiting again.....

SLEV7N

SLEV7N

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
hey Zakaryya i was wondering if you could help me mod my bios, i have a hp dv2425la currently with bios f.3b intel(i dont care to use an older one) and i want to replace my current intel pro wireless with a realtek 8187se from a msi wind i have i'm a newbe to this so i dont know exactly how to get the device id , what i did was to go and turn on the wind then device manager,then under the network adapter went to properties and then under "HARDWARE IDS" i get this

new card(realtek):
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8199&SUBSYS_68941462&REV_22
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8199&SUBSYS_68941462
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8199&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8199&CC_0280

old card(intel):
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&SUBSYS_135B103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&SUBSYS_135B103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&CC_0280

THANKS IN ADVANCE ,your help is greatly apreciated

ps: as i said before if is hard to hack the f.3b bios i could use an older one , like the f39 for example the link to my bios is this http://h10025.www1.h...r...093&lang=en

esoterikest

esoterikest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Hi, Sorry I've been quiet, been busy with work and was also unwell. -_-

@ pavement714 and pinkytao, I'm on it now

@ esoterikest, I'll look into it but not so sure.

Thanks. Any help with the insyde bios whitelist elimination would be great!

Zakaryya

Zakaryya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Hi, My life has gone wrong, The woman I have lived with for 10 years,whilst in hiding from her crazy ex husband and son because of death threats, has decided she wants her son more than me and has brought him into our life. He tried to terrorise me out of the house but I remained steadfast so she began calling the police and make false accusations of domestic violence :hysterical: . As a result I have 5 days to leave home for good, I have become homeless. My broadband will be disconnected any day now and I don't know when I'll be on the scene again.

Hope to be back before long :hysterical:

dv7hater

dv7hater

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Zakaryya Sorry to hear your troubles.

All,

If you are on this thread, you are being affected by the "104 Unsupported wireless device......." HP white list error.

If you are running insyde bios, F.XX, I have the solution to your problems. There is a way to disable the whitelist checker.

The attached files are all you need. Enjoy your open machine!!

And as always, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

Attached Files

Harry5150

Harry5150

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

All,

If you are on this thread, you are being affected by the "104 Unsupported wireless device......." HP white list error.

If you are running insyde bios, F.XX, I have the solution to your problems. There is a way to disable the whitelist checker.

Found this about the program .... http://bbs.gaodi.net...-10866-1-1.html

Unfortunately I can't open my bios file because they're *.wph.

If there is anyone willing to help me with a whitelist mod I'd appreciate it.

This is what I have currently.
HP DV2000t currently running Win7 64

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&SUBSYS_135B103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&SUBSYS_135B103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&CC_0280

I'd like to add the following wifi adapter...

Broadcom 4321AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328&SUBSYS_1366103C&REV_03
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328&SUBSYS_1366103C
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4328&CC_0280

I've tried to do it myself but on the 2 attempts, I got a blue screen during the new bios flash & had to rest. Luckily it recovered.

Thanks in advance.

bluesbro1982

bluesbro1982

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Many things.
Score:

HP's BS "Pay us now" whitelist in the INSYDE bios on a dv7-1270us: 0

bluesbro's hex editing skills: 1

You'll need the .FD file from the bios flasher - usually its in a tempfile somewhere after you run the flash utility from HP. COPY this .FD file and ONLY work off the copy.

*****Be sure you know and understand insyde's "bricked bios" recovery procedure (BIOS on FAT16 USB stick, named a certain way, need to press key combo at startup while inserting the ac adaptor or something - there's a link around here somewhere)*****

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOU BRICKING YOUR BOX. THIS IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND NO WARRANTY IS IMPLIED WITH THESE PROCEDURES.....

If anyone's interested, I'll post a method. The easiest way is to just do this in windows with the ezH2O.exe program from insyde running. then open up winhex or any other hex editor that can directly edit the contents of machine ram. Open the "primary memory" of the insyde process in winhex after you've opened the bios in the insyde program.

For the F2C BIOS (latest as of now), find the hex for your CURRENT card's PCI id and vendor ID. You'll also need the subsystem id (8 hex digits), but I didn't search for them. The bios is little-endian, so you'll have to swap byte order (e.g. if you have an intel 5100AGN like factory, with vendor / device ID's of 8086 and 4237, you'll need to search for hex 86803742

you should come up with no more than about 4 hits on the search. I got 4 hits and the one in the whitelist was the 3rd one in, offset ended in C34 - your mileage may vary. the one you want is clustered with a few other similar looking strings (e.g. 86 80 35 42 and 86 80 32 42). it will ALSO be close to the strings denoting the broadcom's vendor / device ID (look for E4 14 28 43 in hex). it will be slightly AFTER the text representation of the infamous 104 error message. There are OTHER instances of this string early on in the bios which seem to control whether the "antenna power
button" works on that card. i didn't change them and my new card works fine, as does the switch.

Find also the subsystem ID's for your old and new cards and look for those close by to where you find the vendor ID's. you'll want to probably keep the "stock" wifi entry in the whitelist just in case you sell the machine, and overwrite one of the older, crappy broadcom entries with your information. I forget what order it is in (whether it wants subsystem first or vendor/device first), but you'll see it when you look at the hex for your old card.

Save your changes in winhex by hitting the disk - this will directly write to the insyde program's working RAM memory, then go to the insyde ezh2o flash tool and "save as" something differently named from the original bios. use winflash/insydeflash to flash the new image to the bios and BAM - HP's whitelist can stick it, and you'll have a bona-fide airport card in your system. My Atheros 5008 does packet injection, et al quite nicely :-)

icelord

icelord

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:IT, Cars, Astronomy

All,

For Mini 311:
USB Lock - 7FA4AE0A-1404-4DCC-BE28-CE58029CF5D1
PCI-E Lock - E62F9F2F-4895-4AB5-8F1A-399D0D9C6B90

http://translate.goo...history_state0=

Terenc3

Terenc3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

All,

dv7hater, your method cant work. I flashed to the edited bios and it bricked my dv5. I see alot of other modules to remove, any ideas which once to try out? Haha..

bluesbro1982

bluesbro1982

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Many things.

dv7hater, your method cant work. I flashed to the edited bios and it bricked my dv5. I see alot of other modules to remove, any ideas which once to try out? Haha..

Yeah, eff that. The whole reason for using my method in windows is because the module ID's are cryptic and kind of hide information. It is easy to decipher which ID does what if you have the source to the bios sitting there, but we don't (HP does). to figure out the "right" one, you'd have to try every one individually, and then hope that HP / insyde had coded the bios without a check to determine if that module had been removed. There is such a check, and that is probably why the box bricks with the module removed.

After you reflash to a good bios, I would try my method having your card ID's handy. It really isn't that hard and you aren't messing with anything that is "critical" to operations.

Edkroket

Edkroket

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Music, I'm a bass player
Check this link http://www.insanelym...howtopic=199056 Fixed

Ed

wincore

wincore

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, can anybode help me please?..

Laptop model: HP 6510b
======================
BIOS: F.15 ROMPaq (current: F.15)
http://h20000.www2.h...Item=ob-67822-1

CURRENT: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
============================================
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&SUBSYS_11018086&REV_61
Bus PCI / Device / Function: 16 / 0 / 0
Device ID: 8086-4229
Subsystem ID: 8086-1101
Rev: 61

Posted Image

NEW: Gigabyte AirCruiser N300 Dual GN-WI06N-RH, which is a PCI Express Mini-Card with dual-band 802.11a/b/gn support
========================================
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0024&SUBSYS_E9161458
Device ID: 168C-0024
Subsystem ID: 1458-E916
Rev: 01

Posted Image

Thanks you a lot!

Attached Files

Edkroket

Edkroket

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Hello, can anybode help me please?..

Laptop model: HP 6510b
======================
BIOS: F.15 ROMPaq (but current: F.0B)
http://h20000.www2.h...Item=ob-67822-1

CURRENT: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
============================================
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&SUBSYS_11018086&REV_61
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&SUBSYS_11018086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&CC_0280

NEW: Gigabyte AirCruiser N300 Dual GN-WI06N-RH, which is a PCI Express Mini-Card with dual-band 802.11a/b/gn support
========================================
But I don't know DEVICE ID nor SUBSYSTEM ID :-(

Thanks you a lot!

If you have the new Gigabyte mini card just hotswop it when you are in windows, log out and in and check for new hardware. Then you'll know the Device- VEN and Subsystem ID.
If you have the info I'm willing to give it a try.

Ed

wincore

wincore

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

If you have the new Gigabyte mini card just hotswop it when you are in windows, log out and in and check for new hardware. Then you'll know the Device- VEN and Subsystem ID.
If you have the info I'm willing to give it a try.

Ed

Hello, i found this link where is exactly my card and they wrote:
Device ID: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0024&SUBSYS_E9161458

Thank you.
I appreciate it.

Edkroket

Edkroket

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Hello, i found this link where is exactly my card and they wrote:
Device ID: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0024&SUBSYS_E9161458

Thank you.
I appreciate it.

Are you sure it works with Snow-Leopard?? If so I will give it a shot.!

wincore

wincore

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Are you sure it works with Snow-Leopard?? If so I will give it a shot.!

Hello Edkroket, I was update my post here (your tip of hotswap).
I am not planing to install it on Mac OS X, but i want to use this card with security tools on my HP under Windows.
That is why i need to help with patching BIOS.
Thanks again.

super greg

super greg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, here another HP DV7 notebook owner who tried to mod the bios today in order to use a blacklisted Intel 5300 Wifi adapter. I edited the BIOS .fd file via WinHex and saved it through the insyde tool. However after flashing the BIOS I got 104 errors from both the new INTEL and the original Broadcom card. So after removing the PCI card I was able to flash to the original BIOS again, but now I still have a WIFI BG connection...

Could anybody help me creating a BIOS file that will fit my needs? Please refer to the Notebook, Bios and Adapter specifications below:

Notebook: HP DV7 2160ED
Current Bios: F.36 A (ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45955.exe)

Current original WIFI adapter:

Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4315&SUBSYS_1508103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4315&SUBSYS_1508103C
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4315&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4315&CC_0280

New Wifi adapter:
8086 4235 5300AGN Intel® WiFi Link 5300 AGN
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4235&SUBSYS_10018086&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4235&SUBSYS_10018086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4235&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4235&CC_0280

I hope anyone can help!

Second I have a question on restoring the BIOS via an USB-drive using the <WINKEY><B> keycombo and turning the notebook on. Screen stays blank and it does beep alot, but after a while the Numlock and Capslock Leds keep blinking and nothing happens anymore. I even waited for over an hour, afraid to block any update processes, but finally I rebooted, and nothing had changed. Does anybody have succesful experience with USB flashing this type of laptop and what could have gone wrong in my case?

Thanks al lot!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy