A new synaptics driver :)

jinnggoff

29 posts in this topic

here are the lines i modified:

}
			else if(exclusive&&abs_x>1230)		//Vertical scroller		/* is the finger inside our slidezone? */  <<sets the vertical scrolling area size, higher value shrinks scrolling area
----------------
}
			else if(exclusive&&abs_y>1195) /* Bottom horizontal scroller */  << sets the horizontal scrolling area size, higher value shrinks scrolling area
----------------
/* 
			Transform the synaptics coordinates to approximate 0,0 coords 
																				*/
		abs_y = 6143 - abs_y;
		abs_x -= 500;

abs_x = 0 > abs_x ? 0 : abs_x;
		abs_y = 0 > abs_y ? 0 : abs_y;

changed it to 6143 to remove the top "deadspot". the top area seemed to not work at all, even with dragging (swipe gesture) disabled.

you dont need to enable dragging gesture on prefpane cause it will drag even without it selected, i didnt removed the swipe gesture code, so leave it disabled, it will do pretty much nothing.

Those values i posted on the code box was from my latest build, pretty much the only mods was the scrolling area sizes, i'm too lazy to post it here right now, if someone wants it just ask and i'll upload it. :(

----------------------------

synaptics touchpad interfacing guide has useful information about synaptics trackpad, you can get it here: http://www.synaptics.com/sites/default/fil...ties/ACF126.pdf

• 6 months later...