A new synaptics driver :)

jinnggoff

29 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

there is a new driver for synaptics trackpad form Naiw at forums.msiwind.net,

but still experiment.

here is the link

http://forums.msiwind.net/osx-drivers/the-...f627d6ed82e53e7

there is my edit trackpad.kext for small scrolling area or as window version scrolling area.

but you must setting tracking speed to fast....for get normal speed cursor. Many Thanks Naiw :smoke:

here is the kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

works great here!!

synaptics 6.2 trackpad, both horizontal and vertical working pretty well...

look like there are some bugs, but still very useable..

tip: enable smooth scrolling on appearance prefpane, it makes scrolling look better.

-------------------------------

I noticed that with my new install of Leopard on a laptop, when I go to Keyboard & Mouse under Settings, Mouse isn't listed anywhere. Would these drivers help fix this?

probably not, look here, might help:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...142466&st=0

---------------------------------

attached the file for those who cant/want download from the original site....

synaptics.kext.zip

I installed the kext with kext helper, rebooted with -f, and I still don't get any trackpad/mouse settings in System Preferences. What gives? I really need to slow the scroll speed down.

which kext did you installed?? the one i attached was the synaptics scrolling driver from the wind forums. its NOT supposed to give you the trackpad prefpane back, for that, try the link i gave you on my prev. post, and look on the wind forum (link on the 1st post), it does have a workaround info there. Please, this is a thread for the synaptics driver, not for your prefpane issue, so google it instead of polluting this one.

new build attached, didnt tried it yet...

from the MSI wind forums:

THIS PROJECT IS ABANDONED

http://homepage.mac.com/fredrikandersson/S...icSynaptics.zip

This package contains the latest release (Synaptics: experimental release 1.0, Sentelic: Release build 1.0.3)

along with the source code for respective driver; To compile you need the full ApplePS2Trackpad source package- not included with this file to keep bandwidth usage down, it's available here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=150009 ; Just replace the affected files.

Thanks for everyone who been supporting and helping out with this project; I'm leaving it in this state now infavor for development of another touchpad driver.

--------------------

EDIT: tried that, the scroll area seems bigger, actually like 1/3 of the whole trackpad.

SentelicSynaptics.zip

wasnt this project abandoned?

It was, but somebody else picked up the ball and made a few updates.

I tried it on my HP DV900-series laptop (Synaptics trackpad) and it worked fine, but I had sleep working and this driver seemed to break it.

Hi Alpha,

there is my edit trackpad.kext for small scrolling area or as window version scrolling area.

but you must setting tracking speed to fast....for get normal speed cursor.

the edited kext at first post

So, i changed some lines on the source, scrolling area were shrinked, top swipe area (annoying imo) was removed, debugging aparently disabled and horizontal scrolling speed up a little.

for those who wanna try its attached here.

tested on a synaptics 6.2 and working well.

edit:

source code attached

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

source.zip

What/how/why are you guys editing? I got the trackpad preference thing fixed, but now I can't scroll (usually on the right side of the trackpad). Any ideas?

maybe the scrolling area is out of area

here is howto editing scrolling area in ApplePS2SynapticsTouchpad.cpp

else if(exclusive&&abs_x>1110) --->value number //Vertical scroller /* is the finger inside our slidezone? */
			{	
				dx=0;
				if(dy)					/* Is there vertical movement ? */
				{	
					if(xctr<=0)
					{
						xctr=npabs(dy);
						dz = -((int)((double)dy * scrollacc));
					}
					else 
						xctr--;
				}
				maybescroll=true;
				dy=0;
			}
			else if(exclusive&&abs_y>665)--->value number /* Bottom horizontal scroller */

You can changes the values number with small value for getting wide scrolling area,

and high number for getting small scrolling area.